PDA

View Full Version : Find-A-Human Database

hcap
10-15-2005, 07:08 AM
Something to get thru the phone menu at various companies, to speak to a person.

Find-A-Human -- IVR Cheat Sheet (USA)

https://www.quickbase.com/db/bam6rdiey?a=q&qid=5

so.cal.fan
10-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks, Hcap.
Good to know. I usually always attempt to punch 0, as if often works.
Nothing more frustrating to us senior citizens as these recordings! :bang: :bang: :bang:
And then there is the "please hold, your call is important to us" then the elevator music comes on...... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Tom
10-15-2005, 04:16 PM
I have no repsect for any business that doesn't have the decency to hire a real operator. No menu is ever adequate.

So it follows, I have no repsect for almost any businesses.:rolleyes:

What gets me are the ones who have the rude automatic dialer that tried to sell you something and has no one for me to verbally abuse and blow my police whistle at. I take comfort in thinking maybe I destroyed enough ear drums to cause this! :eek:

If the only job I could get was a telemarketer, I would hang myself! These jerks are lower than lawyers.

so.cal.fan
10-15-2005, 06:10 PM
It's not the poor chumps that work for the telemarkers fault, Tom.
Most of them are Indians from Bangalore who have learned to copy an American accent.
The ones that aren't are just poor people who have no skills to do anything else.
It's the people who pay them $5 an hour or less to do the work.

Observer
10-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey .. I worked as a telemarketer for a couple of months during a summer off from college .. worst job I ever had .. but it was easy money .. until I ended up getting fired .. the reason: I was "not aggressive enough."