PDA

View Full Version : Help with student survey!

Shoupy
10-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks for everyones help with the student survey. We are going to re-post it
in hopes of gaining a few more.
Hello, my name is Bill Shoup and I am a student with the Race Track Industry Program. I and Bill Jon Moss are currently running an online survey that we would like accout wagering users to please participate in. The survey is completely anonymous, and is at http://www.ua-rtip.org/survey2 (http://www.ua-rtip.org/survey2).
This survey is to help us complete a class project involving account wagering. Please direct anyone that you know of that has account wagering and would be willing to participate to the website.
Thank You. Bill Shoup

michiken
10-14-2005, 04:55 PM
How do we know that your not storing our ip addresses as part of some governmental ruse to track down illegal betting accounts???

I will pass.

Vegas711
10-14-2005, 06:37 PM
This is not anyones business.:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: I also would not trust anyone who I do not know.

You have 3 posts, give up on this survey idea, and feel free to join in on other topics. All new insights are always welcomed.

Figman
10-14-2005, 06:49 PM
These guys are reputable. They put on the yearly Racing Symposium in Tucson each December. Each year they have a gigantic project that has as its goal to improve horse racing. They happened upon the best board on the web and a place where they could get dependable answers. Give them a break!

.....and if you notice, I am not in Tom's league but I also I don't have just 3 posts here.

kenwoodallpromos
10-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I do not answer surveys from people who keep their profile information secret.

Vegas711
10-14-2005, 08:00 PM
These guys are reputable. They put on the yearly Racing Symposium in Tucson each December. Each year they have a gigantic project that has as its goal to improve horse racing. They happened upon the best board on the web and a place where they could get dependable answers. Give them a break!

.....and if you notice, I am not in Tom's league but I also I don't have just 3 posts here.

Any other survey I would be happy to participate. Information such as this could be sent to people that you may not want to see.Like i said I always practice caution when dealing with new people. It is not anything personal.

Sometimes being a little paranoid ends up being a Good thing.I have avoided being scammed many times becouse I am cautious.I am not saying this school is out to scam.

These guys are welcomed to share what they know, I am sure that they have much to offer.

the little guy
10-14-2005, 11:18 PM
I just hope the dissenters went to the survey before overreacting. It makes it clear that it is part of the University of Arizona racing program.

Look, nobody has to answer any survey they don't want to, but isn't it a little unfair to slam them? Considering how many of us want change in racing, especially in regards to fan treatment, don't you think we should at least consider participating in a process that MIGHT lead to this?

Steve 'StatMan'
10-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Shoupy likely doesn't know about the board's very animated discussion when several members chose not to answer DRF's survey questions to continue to get full free DRF news coverage. I think a couple of their questions involved annual income range, average betting handle, and where they bet (on track, otb, phone, interent, off-shore).

GameTheory
10-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Some of you guys are truly paranoid, and not in a good way. No wonder we never see any progress in this industry. They ask you what you want, and you refuse to tell them! If you are worried about it, read over the survey, PM me your responses, and I'll fill out for you. (Or just use an anonymous proxy server. Of course you paranoid guys are already doing that, right?) Geez...

GameTheory
10-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Oh wait, that won't work either. I could be collecting the info for the government. Nevermind.

dav4463
10-15-2005, 12:49 AM
I took the survey. I'm not scared !

Vegas711
10-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Some of you guys are truly paranoid, and not in a good way. No wonder we never see any progress in this industry. They ask you what you want, and you refuse to tell them! If you are worried about it, read over the survey, PM me your responses, and I'll fill out for you. (Or just use an anonymous proxy server. Of course you paranoid guys are already doing that, right?) Geez...

Fine I take back everything I said. Does this make you happy?
P.A. can remove my 2 posts if he wants, it does not matter to me. I was just offering an opinion, I really could care less.

I can see why people quit posting it gets real tiresome to have to defend every word that you post.Maybe the best route to take is to just read what others say and give up responding.:bang:

PaceAdvantage
10-15-2005, 02:57 AM
I took the survey. Quick and easy...one page...that's all....

It didn't ask for any identifying personal info...not even an email address. And unless someone gets a court order, there's no way they are going to be able to identify you through an IP address....

I totally disagree with Vegas. And the truth is, what you just wrote can be applied to your posts here as well....

the little guy
10-15-2005, 05:27 AM
I'm really not trying to give you a hard time here, but if you're not ready to defend what you post, then why post it?

And, I don't mean you specifically, I mean all of us.

rokitman
10-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks for everyones help with the student survey. We are going to re-post it
in hopes of gaining a few more.
Hello, my name is Bill Shoup and I am a student with the Race Track Industry Program. I and Bill Jon Moss are currently running an online survey that we would like accout wagering users to please participate in. The survey is completely anonymous, and is at http://www.ua-rtip.org/survey2 (http://www.ua-rtip.org/survey2).
This survey is to help us complete a class project involving account wagering. Please direct anyone that you know of that has account wagering and would be willing to participate to the website.
Thank You. Bill Shoup

Hang on, Shoupy

Tom
10-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Being a bit paranoid on the internet is a good thing.
Being paranoid a lot is better.
Ken made a good point - you want help with a survay, WHO ARE YOU?
The net is a fishing (phishing?) hole for all the crazies of the world.

And being paranoid about this industry, I have no doubt anyhting to benefit the bettors is decasddes away from happening, no surveys withstanding. The industry does far more to alienate people than draw them in.
I cannot imagine anyone from within doing anything to help us out.

DJofSD
10-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Domain registry query for ua-rtip.org:

NOTICE: Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Public Interest Registry
registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registry
for informational purposes only, and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its
accuracy. This service is intended only for query-based access. You agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume,
automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of
Registry Operator or any ICANN-Accredited Registrar, except as reasonably
necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. All
rights reserved. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain ID:D103873073-LROR
Domain Name:UA-RTIP.ORG
Created On:21-Jan-2004 17:47:30 UTC
Last Updated On:22-Mar-2004 03:59:54 UTC
Expiration Date:21-Jan-2007 17:47:30 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Registrant ID:37202757-NSI
Registrant Name:Race Track Industry Program -
Registrant Organization:Race Track Industry Program -
Registrant Street1:PO BOX 210038
Registrant Street2:1200 E. South Campus Dr. rm 22
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Tucson
Registrant State/Province:AZ
Registrant Postal Code:85721
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.5206262700
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:no.valid.email@worldnic.com
Admin ID:37202758-NSI
Admin Name:Matt Whitney
Admin Street1:PO BOX 210038
Admin Street2:1200 E. South Campus Dr. rm 222
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Tucson
Admin State/Province:AZ
Admin Postal Code:85721
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.5206262700
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:mwhitney@ag.arizona.edu
Tech ID:5358805-NSI
Tech Name:Network Solutions, LLC.
Tech Organization:Network Solutions, LLC.
Tech Street1:13200 Woodland Park Drive
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Herndon
Tech State/Province:VA
Tech Postal Code:20171-3025
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.188864296
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+1.5714344620
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:customerservice@networksolutions.com