PDA

View Full Version : Nomar is a hero

betchatoo
10-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Makes me proud he's a Cub (at least for now)

Garciaparra Rescues Two Women in Boston Harbor
All-Star Shortstop Dives Into Water After Pair Falls From Pier

BOSTON (Oct. 11) - Former Red Sox shortstop Nomar Garciaparra rescued two women who had fallen into Boston Harbor late last week, his uncle and a witness told the Boston Herald.

http://articles.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20051012014909990002&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Suff
10-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Did you see the plays Cabrera made last night for Angels?

We thought he couldn't play 162 games at SS. We made a big move to get renteria, who was a HUGE disappointment..... 30 errors, no bat, no range, no impact player.

Renetria sucks.

Cabrera on the other hand, helped us win the WS and looked like Ripken in the hole last night. Huge plays.. highlight reel stuff.

Renetria didn't go deep in the hole ONCE this year... Not exaggerating.. No range, no arm.

DrugSalvastore
10-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Did you see the plays Cabrera made last night for Angels?

We thought he couldn't play 162 games at SS. We made a big move to get renteria, who was a HUGE disappointment..... 30 errors, no bat, no range, no impact player.

Renetria sucks.

Cabrera on the other hand, helped us win the WS and looked like Ripken in the hole last night. Huge plays.. highlight reel stuff.

Renetria didn't go deep in the hole ONCE this year... Not exaggerating.. No range, no arm.

Renetria has great speed on the bases, and he's a good player....he just never really got it going this year. He'll rebound next year---a guy who really disappointed me was Juan Pierre. He had a shockingly unproductive year, and he (along with Lowell) was probably the reason the Marlins didn't make the playoffs. Pierre is another player I'm sure will rebound as well.