PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good money management book

The Gambler08
06-09-2002, 04:40 PM
I am a action player that plays alot of races. Trying to change my ways. So, I am looking for a good money management book that might change my ways. Thanks for any comments.

Figman
06-09-2002, 06:28 PM
I've had some success with Dave Schwartz's "THE OPPONENT METHOD" that is available at Horsestreet.com

ranchwest
06-09-2002, 08:14 PM
This isn't a book, but it is a good way to learn to manage your money. Give yourself a fairly small amount of money. It cannot be replinished and you can only wager out of that bankroll. See if you can build it up to a higher level -- or does it go away?

The Gambler08
06-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the advice. My problem is, I get out to the track for a set amount of races, and start to play too many tracks. Just stupid.

What about Winning Thoroughbred Strat. by Mitchell?

ranchwest
06-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Have you tried phone wagering? Not being a captive audience might reduce your temptation to resort to action bets.

The Gambler08
06-10-2002, 10:28 AM
I do much better staying at home and betting on TVG. It just gets to be a hassle putting extra money in your account to cover a certain bet. Alot easier taking it out of your wallet.

ranchwest
06-10-2002, 10:38 AM
That's exactly my point. You're concentrating on making plays instead of building your account. Regard your account as your only access to wagering. You must get more money into the account or you're out on the street.

Now, do you really want to get off of your best strategy?