PDA

View Full Version : NO cops or thugs??

Tom
10-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Disturbing video on the news tonight - NO cops beating people, htreaening the press. Typical for a department that has a sordid history of being trash.
Perhpas the destrucitoon of NO was a blessing. Why rebuild when you have an infastructure that is rotten to the core?

I, for one, am loudly protesting the use of many tax money to help reuilt this Sodom and Gomorrah. Indonesia, NO, Pakistan.....mabye these really are biblical proportion disastors. Perhaps it is retribution?:confused:

Turntime
10-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Tom:

You are very disturbed.

lsbets
10-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Tom - did you hear that about 20 members of the NOPD are being investigated for stealing Caddilacs and driving to Baton Rouge instead of going to work when the city was flooding? Its pretty sad that the guys in charge of keeping order were too busy looting cars.

JustRalph
10-09-2005, 08:40 PM
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051007161809990011

stolen cads

JustRalph
10-09-2005, 08:58 PM
I got to see that video tom. It was pretty rough. That guy was 64 yrs old too.

freeneasy
10-10-2005, 02:32 AM
they are the most corrupt law enforcement agencey in america today. when it came to police tactics the n.o.p.d. has a no look, no tell policy as to the methods employed to gain an aerrest and conviction. there are probably more innocent people serving hard time in their prisons then anywhere else in america. its just a fact that strangely enough seemed to be a well kept secret.
people were convicted by fraudulent evidence, had evidence planted on their person in their vehicles or at their residence during legal warrented serches and your everyday street serches. people that were convicted by completely false testimony given in court by arresting officers while their testimonies and methods of obtaining evidence was hardly ever investigated. beatings are a common place and when you got one you took your medicine and went on home cause the day you filed a complaint was the day your troubles really began. the last thing you wanted to do was to piss those guys off. sure they busted a lot of real bad criminals but theres a lot of people serving time for a greater crime then what they may have oridginally commited.
a cop beat on me one night right there in the middle of burbon street with everybody and their brother looking on, and all i did was ask him a question and when he told me to 'hit the road' i bent over and with a light tap of my fist i hit the road and boy that pissed him off cause out of nowhere he just suckerpunched me, i mean just coldcocked me, knocked me back then held me up by my throat against a lightpost, now i could have delt this man a serious blow to the throat right now and claim self defense but i knew better. i wasnt going to fight this cause if i did i was going to lose out in the long run no matter how much in the wrong this beat cop was simply because of the kind of police town this place was. this was. but i knew he wasnt going to strangle me to death right there on burbon street in front of all these people so after about 4-5 seconds he let go of his choke hold and said 'now asshole like i said, hit the fkn road" and i'll tell you what to tom, when he let go of me? i knew better then to give this guy even so much as a hard look and i sure as hell knew better then to bend over and lightly hit the ground with my fist, man you'd have seen nothing but my dust. those cops there not cops their criminals

Tom
10-11-2005, 08:23 PM
They need to arrest that horse's ass on the horse's ass - he was trying to block the cameras. That poor guy hasn't drank in 25 years. These cops need to do serious time in gen pop.

kenwoodallpromos
10-11-2005, 10:00 PM
The guy sounded like he did not remember if he was drinking or not when the Bro' cop and he were interupted by the Whitey cop- but regardless, as I said before, cops become cops so they can run people's livesl it's not w vs b. It's the cops against everybody else. It's not racial, it's anger management.

toetoe
10-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Tom,

That is a line my father-in-law used when we were walking in Rio De Janeiro --- two horse's asses on two horses. Great line, no offense.
One thing, Tom. Your capitalized NO led some of us to think you were emphasizing the negative, as in, "Enforcement? NO cops, NONE!"

JustRalph
10-12-2005, 10:47 AM
The guy sounded like he did not remember if he was drinking or not when the Bro' cop and he were interupted by the Whitey cop- but regardless, as I said before, cops become cops so they can run people's livesl it's not w vs b. It's the cops against everybody else. It's not racial, it's anger management.

Brilliant social commentary Ken.......................

Tom
10-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Tom,

That is a line my father-in-law used when we were walking in Rio De Janeiro --- two horse's asses on two horses. Great line, no offense.
One thing, Tom. Your capitalized NO led some of us to think you were emphasizing the negative, as in, "Enforcement? NO cops, NONE!"

Sorry about that...I meant NO=New Orleans.

lsbets
10-14-2005, 04:36 PM
I just saw the unedited fottage of the beating that the AP released. Holy crap was this blatant abuse by the cops! And then they start hassling the guy with the camera - too bad for them the guy had the courage to keep shooting. You can hear the people who were watching talk about how the guy surrendered and wasn't doing anything until after the cps started pounding on his head.

This shouldn't malign all NO cops. I am sure that there are a lot of good ones there. But, what it shows once again is the complete lack of leadership in the city that allows thugs like that to feel they can get away with whatever they want. The police are supposed to serve the citizens of a community, not run it like their own little gang. Those guys thought they could do whatever they wanted. Great leadership that city has.

Tom
10-15-2005, 10:20 AM
The scumbags' lawyer aid in a an interview that this "so-called" old man pikced up three of the cops at once and tossed them aside!"

Come on, I KNOW lawyers are the worst form of lying lifeforms and whores to the highest bidders, but give me a break! Looks like more than water is rising in NO!
BTW...NO was always on my list of place to visit.....forget that..I, and I hope millions of oithers, will see that berg for what it really is and take our business elsewhere. NO just dropped below Bahdgdad and Islamabad on my list of potential vacation sites.