PDA

View Full Version : Where's "The Written Word" when you need him?

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2005, 03:49 AM
It's amazing fellow board member "The Written Word" failed to post this story of corruption in racing....oh wait, it happened at a Magna-owned track, so I guess it DOESN'T COUNT....

I shudder to think how quickly he/she would have gotten the story on this board had this happened at NYRA:

Michigan Jockey Perez Suspended in Probe (http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=30404)
Jockey Roberto Perez was suspended by Michigan racing officials this week for allegedly placing wagers on his own behalf while excluding the horse he rode in the fourth race at Great Lakes Downs on Oct. 4. Blood-Horse (http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=30404)

CryingForTheHorses
10-08-2005, 04:15 AM
It's amazing fellow board member "The Written Word" failed to post this story of corruption in racing....oh wait, it happened at a Magna-owned track, so I guess it DOESN'T COUNT....

I shudder to think how quickly he/she would have gotten the story on this board had this happened at NYRA:

Just goes to show you that ALL tracks are open to corruption..

karlskorner
10-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Your "reaching", the jock is an independant contractor, not an employee of the track. What next "stoopers" (people who work the floor)

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Your "reaching",

Oh really? Am I?

You know, The Written Word immediately posted about the maitre d' who was fired for taking excessive tips (some say he demanded them). However, I did not see you step up to the plate and offer up the fact that the maitre d' was technically an employee of CENTERPLATE catering service, like you just did to remind us that jockeys are independent contractors. Interesting....

I have no doubt had this new racing "scandal" occurred at a NYRA-run track, it would have been posted on this board with lightning speed by "The Written Word"

midnight
10-08-2005, 01:04 PM
PA: we know TWW has an agenda against NYRA.

That said, the only reason we're seeing more "horseman busted" threads, in my opinion, is because a lot of states and tracks aren't looking the other way anymore.

takeout
10-08-2005, 01:30 PM
As I look at the chart, http://drf.com/pdfchart/GLD1004040.pdf the comment "off awkwardly" for the 3-2 fav he was riding takes on new meaning. And, there were only two winning Super tickets out, each paying $9,859. What about the guy that held the other (I'm assuming legitimate) ticket? He just got screwed out of half his payoff, almost 10 grand. I think the jock and anyone else involved should have to make restitution.

rokitman
10-08-2005, 02:40 PM
He only gets a suspension for that? He should get permanently sh!t-canned. But only after he gets a old-fashioned biblical scourging during which the public matches bets on Betfair as to the exact time of his expiration. Of course, I will cheat and remotely fire off the high voltage electric cattle prod, that I have secretly shoved up his pathetic cheating a$$, at the time of my "guestimate." As the life leaks out of him, I'll giggle maniacally and yell, "Ain't I clever!"

I'm not that pissed off :liar:

The Judge
10-08-2005, 08:12 PM
This is beyond belief why did he "buy" the ticket then have someone else try to cash it? Why not include "your horse" on the ticket. Size three hat applies here for sure. Why allow jockeys to bet at all? I suppose it would be impossible to stop them it would just drive it underground so maybe expose it all the way. A SAM should be placed in the jocks room where they must bet and then display the ticket on the monitors around the track. Of course this creates another problem a "Fake bet".

rrbauer
10-08-2005, 09:20 PM
As I look at the chart, http://drf.com/pdfchart/GLD1004040.pdf the comment "off awkwardly" for the 3-2 fav he was riding takes on new meaning. And, there were only two winning Super tickets out, each paying $9,859. What about the guy that held the other (I'm assuming legitimate) ticket? He just got screwed out of half his payoff, almost 10 grand. I think the jock and anyone else involved should have to make restitution.

Comment:
What other guy? Perez had it twice!