PDA

View Full Version : God Made me do it

46zilzal
10-07-2005, 09:56 AM
I have run into many patients who spoke these words but NOW we hear that the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan were done as a result of the same direction that many of these on the pysch ward are directed by....amazing.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/10/07/bush.report.reut/index.html

lsbets
10-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Wouldn't a supposedly intelligent person with a medical degree normally consider the character of a source making an unverifiable claim before taking it as the truth? Especially if that person proclaims his "neutrality"? Seriously, this is a terrorist saying Bush said that. You'll take the word of a terrorist without any corroboration?

Suff
10-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Wouldn't a supposedly intelligent person with a medical degree normally consider the character of a source making an unverifiable claim before taking it as the truth? Especially if that person proclaims his "neutrality"? Seriously, this is a terrorist saying Bush said that. You'll take the word of a terrorist without any corroboration?

One of the guys in the room is the new President of Palestine.....so lets hope he's not a supporter of "terror".

Terror is a tactic not a person by the way.

These guys speak broken English at best. For all we know they speak so limited English that Bush's comments were translated to them. Bush speaks in Spiritualism's all the time. He was probably misunderstood, or mistranslated.

I saw the story yesterday. Weak story, Weak source, lots of variables, and not worthy of discussion in my view.

AT the same time.... Not every Arab is a Terrorist.

Deep breaths... lots of air.... suck it in... remain calm.....:lol: :jump:

lsbets
10-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Not every Arab is a Terrorist.

You are absolutely right - not every Arab is a terrorist. Not every Palestinian is a terrorist. But, the Palestinian leadership, including their present president, support and encourage terrorism. They might not strap the bombs on themselves, but they use terrorism as their main tool in their fight against Israel. The folks in the leadership are terrorists.

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Whether he said it or not, is it really that big a deal? People pray all the time for inspiration and guidance. I'm sure Bush is no different. If he expresses this in words, why the big hullabaloo?

I remember when Clinton was President, and we'd see him leaving CHURCH every single Sunday with his wife, and nobody made a peep about his religious leanings. You don't think he would pray to God for inspiration and guidance as he leads the free world? Of course he does....

As Suff said, weak story....but 46, nice try with the inflammatory title for your thread.....and they say the conservatives beat down on the liberals in this forum.....LMAOBT