PDA

View Full Version : Subway Threat

Kreed
10-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Maybe by now some of you have heard of the terrorists threat to NYC
subways. The FBI apparently found the threats VERY detailed & real
and well, the rest is obvious. I didn't know this until just about 30 minutes
ago, but I (and my friends) did notice greatly increased police presence
at our work building downtown & in general all over the Wall St area.
TAXI.

DJofSD
10-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Let's see: London, Tokyo, where else? Trains in Spain. Mass transit offers great potential for disaster.

DJofSD

CryingForTheHorses
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
What the hell is wrong with this world!!

Steve 'StatMan'
10-06-2005, 07:17 PM
They're putting Chicago's mass-transit system on high alert now as well, based on the threat to NYC.

Tom
10-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Careful guys....you might offend someone with this kind of loose talk. :bang:

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Shhh..it's just another neocon dupe....

Tom
10-06-2005, 09:32 PM
....obviously timed to reinforce Bush's speech this moring.:rolleyes:

BTW...I loved the part about Osama never going along for the ride.
Reality paralells fiction - just like in the Bartlett White House, sometimes JEb shows up, sometimes it's Uncle Fluffy. Today, Bush showed up. Good speech.
Hope he backs it up.

Suff
10-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Shhh..it's just another neocon dupe....

It was a Hoax. Bad Intelligence.

Triple Nickle
10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Perhaps more to do with the Mayoral race then bad intelligence. As Bloomberg & Kelly were having press conference the FBI was downplaying the report. Also a few hours after the press conference there was a debate in the Apollo Theater in Harlem which Mayor Mike was going to and was catching grief over.

Suff
10-11-2005, 03:29 PM
It's bad spot for those of us that have an underlying suspicion that they are using fear as a Political tool.

I accuse Bloomberg, or Bush, or anyone for that matter, of being a scum bag liar.......and next week some fruit cake blows up a bus, I'm sitting here with my foot in my mouth.

Terror is the Holy Grail of Politics. It's damn near impossible to get inside the motives without appearing like someone who doesnt see a threat.

Like I said last week, a 7th grade chemistry set can kill 100 people tomorrow, and we expect Mike Bloomberg to protect us from that?

I take it your from the city? I strongly suspected this was a weak tip. Because they closed NO STATIONS?

Twice a month people throw themselves in front of Subway Trains here, probably a daily affair in some part of NYC. They close stations on the Button. They role in Bus's, navigate around the stations for a couple of hours and get back to business as usual very quickly.

If this threat had any substance, they could have, or should have, closed the stations. You can stop the Subway at Penn Station with out closing the station. You can still roll the Amtrak, the LIRR, and Bus's.....and just stop the Subway.

They didnt take one precautionary step except scaring people and going through more of peoples private property.

Triple Nickle
10-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Upper Eastside. Don't know if its politics or not, just seemed real convenient.
With as many entrances as there are on the subway and the volume of people that pass through the system, theres no way they can stop a motivated individual. There aren't enough cops and they have to search as many people least likely to be carrying a bomb as those most likely.

Valuist
10-11-2005, 03:43 PM
I saw the title and thought that maybe we would be subjected to another ad campaign involving that Jarryd guy, and his all-Subway diet.

toetoe
10-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Now THERE is a threat to health. What goes between those slices of "bread" can really do some harm. I'll never knowingly bet on a horse that eats that stuff.

Tom
10-11-2005, 08:02 PM
I just watched "The Wanderers" again - great flick!
It occurred to me that Al Qeda would be issuing ther own terror alerts on the LOCALS riding the subways! :lol:

Mess you up........:eek:

ljb
10-12-2005, 12:05 PM
If anyone is interested. Tonight on msnbc Keith Oberman (sp) is going to have a segment about how terror threats coincide with Bush's ratings in opinion polls. On Monday's show he said they have proof of 13 instances of such activity ? Should be enlightening.

Kreed
10-12-2005, 05:48 PM
What CHANNEL IS HE ON?

Suff
10-12-2005, 05:57 PM
What CHANNEL IS HE ON?

msnbc

Comcast Channel 43 on the East side

http://www.msnbc.com/modules/interactive.asp?id=/d/tables/cablegrid/data.js&navid=3096433

Kreed
10-12-2005, 06:53 PM
AHA. ty. He's geek rapture, now i recall him.

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2005, 06:22 PM
If anyone is interested. Tonight on msnbc Keith Oberman (sp) is going to have a segment about how terror threats coincide with Bush's ratings in opinion polls. On Monday's show he said they have proof of 13 instances of such activity ? Should be enlightening.

Wait, I thought Bush's ratings have been low his entire presidency....have there been threats every day of the week? I must have missed some....

BTW, I tend to fart more on odd numbered days of the month....coincidence?

toetoe
10-13-2005, 06:59 PM
PA,
Didn't you steal that line from the Chevy Chase blockbuster, "Flatch?"

Tom
10-13-2005, 08:24 PM
BTW, I tend to fart more on odd number days of the month....coincidence?

Catch you on the 14th! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Catch you on the 14th! :lol:

There is no off button on the Tom Comedy Machine!!! LOL