PDA

View Full Version : Bris

gambler844
05-17-2001, 09:11 PM
I download Bris Ultimate Past Performance with Summary and Comments. When I print it out the type is small. Is there any way I could get it to type out larger?
Thanks for any help
Ed

MikeH
05-17-2001, 10:28 PM
I think that what you are talking about is an Acrobat file, and, unless someone else knows anything different, I think that the answer is no.

But, have you tried calling their tech support? 800/354-9206...

bdhsheets
05-18-2001, 10:28 PM
If you go out and buy the full version of Adobe's Acrobat Reader, around $300 or 400, I suspect the answer is yes, but the freeware no.

Dave Schwartz
05-20-2001, 10:13 PM
I think that it is a function of the relationship between paper size and the page.

I believe that the bigger, more expensive version of Acrobat will not help.

Larry Hamilton
05-21-2001, 07:31 AM
It's what I hate about .pdf files. What you get is a pretty picture of text (or numbers), but it is not text. PDF sucks. Once you read it, it's a throwaway, you can't do anything with it. This was intentional. It is a form of copyright protection.

tilson
05-21-2001, 08:12 AM
In the past when i have use the acrobat FREE download software...there has been a little icon that looks like a magnifine glass if you click that it general will allow you to zoom in or out on text.

Rick Ransom
05-21-2001, 06:51 PM
Larry,

I couldn't agree with you more. There should be some way to convert PDF to text so that it could be imported into a database. If anyone knows a way, please share it with us.

hurrikane
05-25-2001, 10:51 AM
I agree, pdf sucks. Unless you by the full version you are stuck. I believe the full version allows export.

If you search the net I'll bet some smart person has created a freeware converter just because they were pissed with them. You gotta love those hacker people..keeps the little s**ts running.

HarryH
06-24-2001, 02:46 AM
One crude solution is to use the magnifying glass icon on the pdf screen to magnify the appearence, then use the "alt-Print Scrn" keyboard combo to save screen to clipboard. You can then paste that clipboard image into WordPad or MSWord to print from there
This certainly is not a perfect solution, but is useful for small amounts of data