PDA

View Full Version : hey guys, new here... wanted to get your thoughts on

songofthesword
10-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Chantal Sutherland... NOt her as a person, but as a jockey... I don't know if it's me, but ever since I saw the race on Saturday and she held on tight to the rabbit in the race, she seems to blow alot of races.

The last couple of days, she has been on horses, espically today, that should have won, and just simply blew it both times... holding on, not making a move fast enough...

Also, she seems to be a better Turf Jockey than Dirt.. dont' know that for sure, but that what it seems at least to me.

Figman
10-05-2005, 10:46 PM
You must have missed the last race last Saturday at Belmont Park.
Great finish on the main track for the score.

midnight
10-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Chantal Sutherland is 40-2-4-5 at Belmont, or about the same as Richard Migliore (53-3-7-5).

At Saratoga, she was 86-7-8-7, or a bit better than Pablo Fragoso (107-6-10-9).

She was Canada's leading apprentice (doing so at Woodbine).

I've seen a few of her rides, and she doesn't appear to do anything out of the oridinary.

By the way, nice first post.

songofthesword
10-06-2005, 12:06 AM
thanks,, I've been around horse racing since I was 7 (i'm 22) and have been pretty much making a living handicapping for a year now, so even though I'm new here, I'm not new to anything in regards to horse racing.

like I said, I really just now started to pay to mind, I guess she might be in a funk, becasue she took a couple of horses today that had everything going for them, and for all intents and purposes lost the race.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sa ying I don't like her.. I hit a nice race that she was jocking on around 2 months ago and she was very hot at the beginning of the Saratoga? meet, she's good, I just think she might be in a funk... just like Richard Migliore who is no where near what he did last year, to the point now where I don't bet him to win even if I like the horse until he wins something

Zaf
10-06-2005, 12:33 AM
She's a favorite around here ! Here's a picture I took of her and my buddy on Travers Day:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/2005_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway/chantala

ZAFONIC

songofthesword
10-06-2005, 01:02 AM
definatly easy on the eyes... espically after looking at Pat Day and Calvin Borel for the last 10 years :cool: :cool:

xfile
10-06-2005, 03:40 AM
Chantal Sutherland... NOt her as a person, but as a jockey... I don't know if it's me, but ever since I saw the race on Saturday and she held on tight to the rabbit in the race, she seems to blow alot of races.

The last couple of days, she has been on horses, espically today, that should have won, and just simply blew it both times... holding on, not making a move fast enough...

Also, she seems to be a better Turf Jockey than Dirt.. dont' know that for sure, but that what it seems at least to me.

She is as good as any journeymen in NY perhaps with a little more experience to gain. You can make a case for a bad ride for just about any jock except for jerry bailey. She did her job on the rabbit however his stablemate was on the engine. There was nothing she could do except what she did. It's not her fault. Plus as someone mentioned she is easy on the eyes :p :p