PDA

View Full Version : Ruling question

BetHorses!
10-04-2005, 01:01 AM
11th Race Saturday October 1st

7 DH
12 DH

My friend thought that #8 Harry the Rock interfered with #7 Tougher 'n Most at the start and should have been taken down. I did not see the race. Since #7 and #12 Air Race dead heated for third, where would they place #8 if he was DQ'd? Behind the 12? And how would purse money me split?

midnight
10-04-2005, 03:04 AM
He would be placed fourth, and the dead-heated horses would finish second. They would split second and third place money, and the disqualified horse would get fourth place money.

BetHorses!
10-04-2005, 10:34 AM
He would be placed fourth, and the dead-heated horses would finish second. They would split second and third place money, and the disqualified horse would get fourth place money.

Thats what I thought but then was not sure why he should get less purse than the #12 horse who he did not interfere with and finished ahead of.

Suff
10-04-2005, 01:48 PM
DQ rule and I think it is universal, is that the Horse MUST go behind the horse he interfered with.

If a race finish's

The 1 claims foul on the 9, and the stewards agree. New order would be

Since the 7 and 12 Dead heat'd they certainly cannot tuck the 8 in between them.

BetHorses!
10-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks Suff. But doesn't anybody think that would be unfair if the 8 was placed behind the 12 as far as purse money goes. I mean if you owned the 8 and did NOTHING to the 12 you would be placed behind him just because of the dead heat.

I guess a better discussion would be do you think this had anything to do with the Stewards not taking any action. Again, I did not see it but my buddy has a good eye and said the 8 should have been down

BillW
10-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks Suff. But doesn't anybody think that would be unfair if the 8 was placed behind the 12 as far as purse money goes. I mean if you owned the 8 and did NOTHING to the 12 you would be placed behind him just because of the dead heat.

Actually it had nothing to do with the dead heat. If the 12 had been a nose ahead of the 7, the same result would have occurred - the 8 would have been placed behind the 12 without doing anything to him.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-04-2005, 03:55 PM

I guess a better discussion would be do you think this had anything to do with the Stewards not taking any action. Again, I did not see it but my buddy has a good eye and said the 8 should have been down

Actually it had nothing to do with the dead heat. If the 12 had been a nose ahead of the 7, the same result would have occurred - the 8 would have been placed behind the 12 without doing anything to him.

If the 12 had finished a nose behind the 7, the 8 would have been placed behind the 7 and in front of the 12. The dead heat does play does factor into it.

Essentiall, they're placing the 8 in the next spot behind where the 7 finished physically not just the next spot in the order. Can't take money away from the 12, he finished exactly where the 7 did. Can't put the 8 with the 7 and the 12, and give him the same spot as the one he fouled.

Looks like the 8 just picked the wrong time to foul the 7.

And yes, if the 12 had finished ahead of the 7, the 8 would still have been placed fourth.

Actually, the most screwed horse and connections were probably the fouled #7, who if only slightly less affected by the foul, could have finished 3rd all alone ahead of the 12, get moved up to 2nd all alone and the full share of 2nd moneys, rather than having to split it.