PDA

View Full Version : Changing of the guard?

Valuist
10-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Is the dynasty over in New England? It certainly looks like it. Getting whacked at the point of impact on both sides of the ball. They can't run it, and they can't stop it. Gotta give them props for a great run with 3 titles in 4 years but it definitely stops this year.

kenwoodallpromos
10-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Pittsburg to win it all!
I knew you were not talking baseball since Yanks, Red Sox, Atl, and STL are all in the playoffs!

Valuist
10-03-2005, 01:23 PM
No repeat for them (Red Sox), either.

BillW
10-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Is the dynasty over in New England? It certainly looks like it. Getting whacked at the point of impact on both sides of the ball. They can't run it, and they can't stop it. Gotta give them props for a great run with 3 titles in 4 years but it definitely stops this year.

It's only one game, Valuist. Pittsburgh beat them that bad last year during the regular season then made fools of themselves in the playoffs. The Pats are weaker this year although the Steelers were hell bent on keeping that a secret last week :bang:

Bill

Suff
10-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Bring it on.

headhawg
10-03-2005, 01:55 PM
I have a lot of respect for the Pats -- they don't showboat and they play like professionals. (Is anyone else tired of the players doing the first down signal or the pointing to the sky thing?) Belichek is an outstanding coach, but they have had a lot of injuries and that makes me agree with Valuist. Plus, the AFC is pretty tough. If they do reach the Super Bowl that might be the greatest coaching job ever.

Regarding the BoSox, if the White Sox can control Ortiz and Ramirez they will win -- better pitching and defense (and it's not even close). If the White Sox's starters are pretenders then it's all over but the shouting as Boston has enough pitching to control a fairly weak lineup. The White Sox did beat a very good Cleveland team and looks like they are ready to play the same kind of ball they did in the first half.

Valuist
10-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Bill-

Its not even remotely the same team. No Weis, no Crennel, no Teddy Bruschi, no Teddy Johnson and no Rodney Harrison. And apparently no more running game. Losing the coordinators was huge. Just look at the quick turnaround for Notre Dame w/Willingham's recruits. It was a nice comeback win over the Steelers but they were getting outplayed most of the game. The win over the Raiders wasn't especially impressive. The Raiders shot themselves in the foot with their usual barrage of penalties. They scored late against Carolina to make the score look respectable when in fact the Panthers handled them pretty easily. And yesterday? That was a beating. 66 yards a game on the ground won't win in the NFL.

Valuist
10-03-2005, 02:19 PM
I think that above pictured trophy that Suff posted will be in Indianapolis at this time next year.

toetoe
10-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Uh, you guys haven't mentioned my Forty Niners. Ken Dorsey is all we need.

Valuist
10-03-2005, 02:39 PM
I tuned in early in the 2nd quarter and it was 14-0 Niners. Then Arizona runs off 31 straight as Rackers goes wild. There's a team that's done a 180 from its glory days.

Suff
10-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I think that above pictured trophy that Suff posted will be in Indianapolis at this time next year.

That's OK... I'm not Greedy. As long as the one in the middle is in Harvaaaaard Yaaad... I'll be happy!

Steve 'StatMan'
10-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Keep the Football Trophy. Bears will need another year anyway.

As for Baseball, it's time to Change Sox! White Sox haven't won the World Series since 1917. Time for a fresh pair of Sox! :D

Red Sox won in 1918 and next in 2004. Don't know if the Black Sox Scandal of 1919 is our(hey, they're growing on me) "curse". The Cubs, (sigh), not since 1908, before Radio was invented.

Suff
10-03-2005, 03:31 PM