PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mac Mac wins

Bruddah
10-02-2005, 06:25 AM
I know most, if not all, have never heard of this 2 year old. He just won the Texas Stallion Stakes ($125,000) at Retama Park. The owner John Adams a.k.a (Texas Hawg), and his son the trainer (Preston Adams) are exceptional horse folks and friends. I just wanted to give them a little recognition for a job well done.

It will be fun to follow this horse's career. Congratulations to Preston, Lake Mac Mac and the Texas Hawg.

You may want to stick this horse in your files for later. (JMHO) ;)

JustRalph
10-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Congrats! Great Win!

didn't they used to have a horse named "Bonus Bid" ?

Sundown
10-02-2005, 12:02 PM
I was down by the finish line for that one and Mr Adams came running down jumping and holering "that's my horse." I had to tell folks around me that that was "his" horse and not just a winning bet. We were pretty sure before the photo of the win but had to wait a little bit. It was fun to see an owner excited on a win. He was running against an Asmussen 3 horse coupled entry (does that make sense?) Congrats, I wish I'd had em.

Bruddah
10-02-2005, 01:43 PM
His handle on another site. I have known John Adams since 1999. He is a dedicated family man and gentleman. His son (Preston) has worked his way up through the ranks. He has been an assistant trainer for several large trainers, on the La., Tx. circuit. John, bought a mare (Great Notrariety), chosen by Preston. Bred her to Desert Royalty, a grandson of Damascus. They raised the colt on their property. Preston took over his training, and now, the rest is History. The colt ran third his first out, then broke his maiden 2nd out, and now wins a stakes race thiord out, and brings home over $80k. To do so, he had to beat three Assmusen trained colts.

Sounds like a movie deal in the making. He has a long way to go, but this colt could be a real nice one.