kev
10-01-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't understand that one either.

Tom
10-01-2005, 05:45 PM
He was not a rabbit! :lol:

1, 1a dueling......wassupwidat???
"Rabbit" trails!

How about that Berrego? Easy wininer or what?

rokitman
10-01-2005, 06:11 PM
What a flop by Chantal Sutherland.

I'm glad that Flower Alley got focked by his own rabbit. There's some kind of poetic justice to what happened there.

plainolebill
10-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Somebody was sleeping in the pregame huddle. :D

KingChas
10-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Once again "Intellectual Catch Phrase 2005".The race fell apart and Borrego kicked the sh*t out of all the other horses.First in Cal now in NY.Two fall apart races in a row huh Pros? :lol: :rolleyes:

OTM Al
10-01-2005, 07:20 PM
I don't understand why you would put a speed horse in with another that is running early. I think Chantal reined him in expecting to get him eye to eye with Lava Man but she looked shocked when she looked over and saw Flower Alley sitting there. Oh well, been sick so no bucks went down this week.

toetoe
10-01-2005, 08:33 PM
The Sheets guys apparently didn't like Borrego, expecting a bounce after the breakout effort at DM. Sometimes you have to admit it's just a brand new animal, for whatever reason. I still think Imperialism is fine, he just needs a nice one-turn mile or 7f., kinda like Don't Get Mad. Except for G.Gomez-on, I can't imagine what woke up Borrego. Gomez is the hottest rider on the planet right now.

garyoz
10-01-2005, 09:09 PM
The Sheets guys apparently didn't like Borrego,

Borrego looked really good in Equiform's Xtra's sheets. Not sure what was going on with Bishop Court Hill. The splits were pretty quick for Flower Alley to be so close to the pace. Maybe the problem was with FA, who also looked bounceable to me on the Xtras.

Also Sutherland sure looked good in the last race at Belmont.

kev
10-01-2005, 10:32 PM
What sheets are you talking about, on TG Borrego ran a -0.2 last year and his last race was a -0.2, there was no break threw......if anything hes a horse looking like hes getting his act back on track. Now F.Alley was a horse looking like a bad bet on TG coming off two -2.2 races, three races in about 8 weeks.

garyoz
10-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I was referring to Carey Fotias' sheets product www.equiform.com
According to his numbers Flower Alley ran a near doubletop, 80-,80,78" last three races (most recent race listed first). Actually a quarter point slower his last race. A pattern that I thought was bounceable.

Borrego showed a 2 point forward move to 80- his last race (the same as Flower Alley's final figure). His 4f pace figure was a 68, also an improvement off the 64 in his previous race. I also liked that pattern on Borrego.

Given the two patterns, I'd take Borrego as more likely to move forward off the 2 point forward move (even though it was a lifetime top) with the improving pace numbers that were short of a new pace top. The double top and declining 4F pace figures of 74,75,79 (latest race first) for Flower Alley made him look the less attractive of the two, particularly at higher odds.

ezpace
10-02-2005, 02:02 AM
He was not a rabbit! :lol:

1, 1a dueling......wassupwidat???
"Rabbit" trails!

How about that Berrego? Easy wininer or what?

exactly!! seen it twice in big races at Saratoga this year...nonsense is what it is.. .

sealord
10-02-2005, 04:28 AM
Borrego had all my money on Derby day last year......thought he was the sh!t then and he seems to look go pretty good now

Wicked strange race with the rabbit and Fl'alley getting into it. Flower Alley was 'rank' or whatever.......either way, the favorite got played and there was money in the win column. Gotta LOVE horse racing!

Seems like once again, the best 'cappers know the race better than the best trainers.......yet another thing I just love about this game

-Jeff

Hammerhead
10-02-2005, 06:42 AM
The way I saw it and played it was the entry could not make it on speed and Baraggo easly ran a good race and did what was asked. ES5 had it as best speed and on top. I played it to win and a small ex with the entry. The jock looked good in his other win so as far as I was concerned it was a nobrainer.

TOOZ
10-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Maybe Velazquez thought he was going to be trapped and made an early move. Maybe he thought Sutherland was going to back off. You don't see too many races where the entry cooks each other. Not that I didn't mind because I had Borrego and was just waiting for his move. Durkin really overcalled the race, if anyone heard, he really laid it on. The race went in 2:02, and I know Borrego wasn't running at the end, but Durkin made it sound like it was the move of the century.

JimG
10-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Durkin really overcalled the race, if anyone heard, he really laid it on. The race went in 2:02, and I know Borrego wasn't running at the end, but Durkin made it sound like it was the move of the century.

I thought the same thing at the time. Thought for a minute he might borrow the "moving like a tremendous machine" line.:D

Jim

ryesteve
10-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Come on guys... the horse went from dead last to a 3 length lead in the space of less than a quarter mile, while losing ground 4 wide on the turn. How often do you see that kind of move in a grade 1? Why downplay it?

TOOZ
10-02-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't think he lost much ground on the turn. Belmont's sweeping turn is perfect for that horse. He is going to be very tough on BC day. If there is ever a horse that is peaking at the right time, it's Borrego.

JustRalph
10-02-2005, 11:41 AM
I thought it might be the performance of the year........hell of a run.

Durkin did go overboard a little..............ala Vic Stauffer maybe...and I think durkin is probably the best out there..........

ryesteve
10-02-2005, 01:23 PM
I don't think he lost much ground on the turn. Belmont's sweeping turn is perfect for that horse.
Fine.... forget whatever ground he lost... he still went from last to a daylight lead in less than 200 yards... other than ringers in $5,000 claiming races, moves like that are awfully rare.

NY BRED
10-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Great idea entering Bishop Court Hill into the race as the "pace-setter."

amazing decision to use the babe as the entry mate's jock

though j.v. was going to punch her going into the stretch

Milleruszk
10-03-2005, 12:48 PM
amazing decision to use the babe as the entry mate's jock

though j.v. was going to punch her going into the stretch

I thought the same thing. Chantal could not control her horse. He was throwing his head back. I don't know if it was her fault. If the stable holds her responsible I doubt if she will ever ride for them again.