PDA

View Full Version : BEL SAT

SAL
10-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Picks for Belmont Saturday:

R1 #9 Wild Nature-Makes initial start for powerhouse barn. He has excuses for his last two poor efforts. Should be tough in this spot.

R2 #8 Absolute Return-Dam has dropped a couple of graded stakes winners. Trainer/Jock 3/10 with FTS.

R3 #8 Prolific Appeal-Will be one of the early leaders in this heat. Gets a positive jock switch as this T/J combo is 3/12 in MSW races. Look for an honest effort today.

R4 #2 Prince Rahy-Has managed to get himself into trouble in several of his latest starts, including 3 in graded stakes company. He will surely get an honest pace to close on today, and should be tough with a clean trip.

R5 #10 Play with Fire-Ran well routing in graded stakes as a 2yo. Also ran well in her only start on the grass sprinting. Barn has been doing well with the dirt/turf, sprint/route move.

R6 #2 Pomeroy-May be the “now” horse in this field. A graded stakes winner at this distance, and he doesn’t absolutely have to have the lead to run well.

R7 #1 Sweet Symphony-I’m starting to believe she is this good. Added lasix and ran off with a fig that matches up very well with the other contenders here. I like her to stay undefeated today.

R8 #7 Shakespeare-Another runner that I like to remain undefeated. Looked good winning his last in record time. A pick 4 single for me here.

R9 #1a Flower Alley-Pletcher runner impressed me with his last effort at SAR. He’s showing the running style that I like to see in a race this distance. Finished well after tracking a fast pace last out, and that scenario is likely to be repeated today.

R10 #8 Melhor Ainda-Talented runner has yet to run a bad one. Hopefully she’ll get a clean trip today.

R11 #10 Western Galaxy-His best effort comes at this surface/distance. He has excuses for his past few poor efforts. I expect a better effort today at a decent price.