PDA

View Full Version : Frank Salive Resigns As Announcer At Woodbine/Mohawk Harness Circuit

trying2win
09-30-2005, 03:07 PM
I was sorry to read about Frank Salive resigning his post as the announcer of the Woodbine/Mohawk harness circuit. I really liked his smooth delivery style of announcing. I think Woodbine Entertainment should try to hire someone like Gary Guy, who does the announcing at Flamboro Downs. Here's the link to the article about Frank Salive resigning, if you're interested in reading about it:

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/iss0905/salive0930.html

T2W

fouroneone
10-05-2005, 01:08 PM
thats a shame, he was one of my favourite callers, trots or flats........

he will be missed

melman
10-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Frank has always been a favorite caller of mine clear sounds like he likes being there and most of all accurate. I think his new home Western Fair is available on YouBet. Anyone else know of an outlet for video or audio of the Western Fair races??

andicap
10-06-2005, 01:18 PM
When I was a teen going to Yonkers all the time I wanted to be a race-caller and would practice calling imaginary races at home in my room.
My parents said I sounded like a hog farmer.
The dream died.

:D

melman
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
LOL Andi, that would make you pretty good with some of the announcer's I hear calling races. BTW love your tag line and avatar. The handle is neat also. :lol: Also Andi Sports Radio expanding in Philly we now have another one 950 Sports which calls itself "the real sports station in town". Jody Mac the lead guy along with Tony Bruno.

norm f
10-06-2005, 11:40 PM
As of now..The only video is availiable on WEGS TRN...And thats only on select days...London doesnt have thier races on the net yet.
You can get thier programs off the London site though if you cant get through hpi!

trying2win
10-07-2005, 12:47 AM
I sent an email to the Woodbine Entertainment Group to give them some accolades about Frank Salive's announcing. Maybe some of the other PA members would consider doing that as well, if they enjoyed listening to Frank Salive's race calls over the years. I'm sure Frank would appreciate it.

I also suggested to the W.E.G, that perhaps they should consider the following announcers as possible replacements:

1. Gary Guy of Flamboro Downs

2. John Bothe of Batavia Downs

3. Murray Slough of Stampede Park

4. Larry Lederman of Freehold Raceway

I don't know whether the W.E.G. would consider my suggestions or not, but I figured I'd send them along anyways. Anyone else got any announcers they might like to see calling the races on the Woodbine/Mohawk harness circuit?

Thanks,

T2W

wilderness
10-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Too late for specualtion and suggestion.

Ken Middleton has been announced:

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/iss1005/kenmiddleton1007.html

trying2win
10-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Wilderness,

Thanks for the link. I've seen Ken Middleton many times on those Monday evening TV broadcasts of the Woodbine/Mohawk harness races. He seems to be a soft-spoken, easy-going, very personable type of person. Should be interesting to see how he fares out on his new announcing career on the Woodbine/Mohawk harness circuit.

T2W

norm f
10-18-2005, 10:29 PM
You can now get live feed from Londons site!

toetoe
10-19-2005, 01:10 AM
That's not the same Ken from Prairie Meadows in Iowa, is it?

trying2win
10-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Norm,

Thanks for the info about the live video at the Western Fair Raceway site. I didn't realize it was available.

T2W

wilderness
10-19-2005, 07:48 AM
I've updated the page.
Adding Western Fair
Saratoga
PlainRige
Harrington
and a few others.

Ken Middleton is ALL Canadian AFAIK.