PDA

View Full Version : place/show overlay

sligg
06-07-2002, 02:58 AM
Dr. Z's overlay concepts may have been valid (which I doubt) back in 1983 but they certainly don't work today.

Using the online toteboards Brisbet and Phonebet:

Most of the time these two boards don't agree with each other. I don't know why if they are supposedly screening the onsite track toteboard. I get different readouts in odds and even the minutes to post. Enough of a difference as to make these two boards useless. Almost invariably. if an overlay exists at zero minutes to post, it won't be there after post time. There is so much money bet after post time that the odds can change dramatically. If your betting overlays depends on the online toteboards, I think you can forget it. Pre-post time odds can't be relied upon. Simulcast has effectively rendered the toteboard extinct. Any research using final odds as shown on Equibase charts are meaningless. There is no way that final odds will correlate to zero minute odds.

And so cometh the demise of Dr. Ziemba. I'm chuckling at the person who paid $88 on Ebay for the good doctor's book BEAT THE RACETRACK which has now become a relic.

I'm now wondering if all tote board systems, patterns, methods are passe. Simulcast money has made the tote board much to volatil and unreliable to risk serious money.