PDA

View Full Version : Treachery, or just being nice?

chickenhead
09-28-2005, 07:48 PM
This is something I'm sure some of you guys know plenty about..here's the story:

My girlfriend, she tells me a month ago that she's having a family reunion Oct. 1st. I've been to 20 family get togethers before.."OK, sounds great" I say. Now I hear a week later that LITF is running at BM, same day. Final prep for the BC. I don't get to see many decent horses up here, I like to see the Fog in person when he runs.

When she finds out Foggy is running, she says, "Well I know what you want to do that day!" I say, "No, really, I don't need to see the Fog, I've seen him plenty of times...I'd rather go to the reunion, really". With a straight face I say this. She says ok.

But now she keeps pushing me..."Why don't you go see LITF? You don't have to go to the reunion, really". I haven't brought up the race once..she keeps bringing it up.

My question...should I suspect treachery here, should I expect this to get THROWN back in my face 100 times any time we fight...or can I go see the Fog with a clear mind? Second question, assuming treachery...WHY do women do stuff like this!?!

Dan Montilion
09-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Chicken,

Go see the horse. Then take your lady friend with you to Salt Lake, at least you'll have something to do.

Dan Montilion

lsbets
09-28-2005, 09:07 PM
If you don't mind celibacy, go see the horse.

Tom
09-28-2005, 09:17 PM
If he pays $4.00, you can buy a Hustler! :eek:

superfecta
09-28-2005, 11:59 PM
She will use this against you at some certain point,most likely when you want to do something very special to you,like Breeders Cup day.She will make you go to a movie with her that she doesnt like and go shopping for clothes that don't fit her on that day rather than let you enjoy that one special day.This is to establish who is boss and let you know that if she tells you to do something you accept it unconditionally.Go to the family reunion and be prepared to be bored and at the end of the day hear her say she was as bored as you.
(this may also be a test to parade you in front of her whole family to see if you are up to snuff,so be alert and on your best behavior)

keilan
09-29-2005, 12:57 AM
If you were going just about to any other event in the world that day her family would most likely give you a free pass but you’re headed to the race track where all the degenerates go and you choose that over her and her family. You’re a dead man walking.

Now Chic I’m here to help you with this. What would put you in a favorable light with the outlaws? Working overtime/ helping a good friend move (it’s the end of month) / working with a charity or worthy cause a couple hours that you just can’t get outta/ curing breast cancer. Come up with something but do the good deed either before the races or after so that both you and your girlfriend have a semi-clean conscious.

She can provide an explanation that goes something like this “ ahhh yeah chic’s friend keilan is in a jam and Chic’s helping him move into another apartment yada yada”.

I doubt she will ever throw it in your face when quarreling because you will say “honey it wasn’t me that lied to your family, I wasn’t even there –remember”.

Rather look at it this way – 20 years from now it will be a great family story and almost everyone will laugh. If ever found out you’ll keep a straight face until the end and candidly state that you loved that li’l horse.

GameTheory
09-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Maybe she is already ashamed of you and doesn't really want you to go the reunion...

JustRalph
09-29-2005, 08:54 AM
If he pays $4.00, you can buy a Hustler! :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
09-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Hey chicken........are you a man or a chicken....? Go see the friggin horse!

Christ! If she controls you in that manner you need to be shopping for a replacement anyway.........how about you find a replacement at the track!

BetHorses!
09-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Maybe she is already ashamed of you and doesn't really want you to go the reunion...

I lost it :lol:

ljb
09-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Chickenhead,
You should work on your communication problems with your wife. She either doesn't want you at the reunion or is putting some chips in her pocket for later use.

kenwoodallpromos
09-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Ammunition? Go to the reunion and you will have ammo against her for 2 lifetimes!
Ask about who married young and/or away from home and who moved away permanently.
The relatives over 60 always have the best stories, especially about dating and about auto accidents and childhood injuries.

keilan
09-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Chickenhead,
You should work on your communication problems with your wife. She either doesn't want you at the reunion or is putting some chips in her pocket for later use.

ljb -- it's not the wife, it's the girlfriend. Different kettle of fish :jump:

Light
09-29-2005, 11:33 AM
She is testing you to see what is more important to you.Her or the track. You are walking a tightrope.

46zilzal
09-29-2005, 02:08 PM
SOME ladies, not saying this is the case, have a crusade to CHANGE the guy they are with to a point of where they THINK he should be, then discover, much to their surprise, that the guy they had feelings for (the original version) is NO LONGER around.

Ricky Nelson, of all people, said it well: "you can't please everyone so you got to please yourself."

ljb
09-29-2005, 02:09 PM
ljb -- it's not the wife, it's the girlfriend. Different kettle of fish :jump:
ooh, that makes it even worse.

GameTheory
09-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Maybe she is actually nice? My GF would be wanting to come to the track rather than some family thing...

Bobby
09-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Go with her to the reunion. It'll pay off in the end. Otherwise, your hitting on everybody trying to replace her.

I'm not saying she's gonna break up with u at all. Im just saying the right thing to do is go with her. I wouldn't risk the chance of her bringing up in 52mos. John Gray PhD

ljb
09-29-2005, 02:30 PM
replace her, sounds like a good idea to me.

Bobby
09-29-2005, 02:40 PM

Yea, maybe her other boyfriend is actually her cousin :D

ljb
09-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Yea, maybe her other boyfriend is actually her cousin :D
:lol:

JustRalph
09-29-2005, 05:37 PM
I can see the next relationship book..........

LJB is from Mars
46zilzal is from Venus!

46zilzal
09-29-2005, 05:41 PM

LJB is from Mars
46zilzal is from Venus!
La Grange, Georgia actually

ljb
09-29-2005, 07:09 PM

LJB is from Mars
46zilzal is from Venus!
Ralph, What is your problem ? Are you bored ? Or has the De Lay indictment got you all upset ?

JustRalph
09-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Ralph, What is your problem ? Are you bored ? Or has the De Lay indictment got you all upset ?

Naw.........I just think it is funny to listen to you guys talk about relationships on this thread.............

46zilzal
09-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, I was married for over 35 years and became a widower after a good relationship. Now just celebrated my first anniversary, so must be doing something right

ljb
09-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Naw.........I just think it is funny to listen to you guys talk about relationships on this thread.............
This thread is about relationships. What do you think we should talk about ?

Tom
09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
What's funny is that someone might actually take advice from THIS bag of mixed nuts! :jump: :lol: (me included!)

GameTheory
09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
This thread is about relationships. What do you think we should talk about ?Politics?

ljb
09-29-2005, 08:21 PM
What's funny is that someone might actually take advice from THIS bag of mixed nuts! :jump: :lol: (me included!)
And now I find myself in agreement with Tom.

JustRalph
09-30-2005, 12:13 PM
This thread is about relationships. What do you think we should talk about ?

Tom answered the question with much more clarity............I think it is funny that somebody might take any of this thread as actual credible advice :lol:

chickenhead
10-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Well boys, I'm back from the Lake of Salt....and now I'm off to the races! :jump:

I have to assume my girl just wants me to be happy...if she doesn't, well, then I'd rather go the races anyway!

ljb
10-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Tom answered the question with much more clarity............I think it is funny that somebody might take any of this thread as actual credible advice :lol:
Oh yeah, I get it, kinda like the horse racing section of this board.

Tom
10-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Stick a fork in him...he's done! :eek:

JustRalph
10-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh yeah, I get it, kinda like the horse racing section of this board.

I would say the horse racing section of this board is pretty damn good .....not sure where you are coming from on this one...............

PaceAdvantage
10-01-2005, 08:44 PM
He's a grade A turd....what do you expect?

He's in it for the argument, nothing else.

so.cal.fan
10-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Chickenhead,
your girlfriend is not being trecherous or nice.
She probably knows you would act "chumpy" if you consented to go to her reunion. She is just taking the easy way out.
Don't worry about it....you offered to go....she told you to go to the track.

Tom
10-01-2005, 10:32 PM

Ooooooo. I'd HATE to ever see a Grade B one! :eek:

ljb
10-02-2005, 08:47 AM

And again with the name calling, you are beggining to show your lack of class here.

ljb
10-02-2005, 11:00 AM
PA,
Chickenhead originally started a thread concerning a relationship question he had with his girlfriend. Many members posted replies to his question. And then JustRalph came up with this:

LJB is from Mars
46zilzal is from Venus!
I responded to this attempt at flaming by asking JustRalph what his problem was. He responded with something suggesting the credibility of posters here could be questioned.
We all have relationships of some sort and can respond with our opinions to Chickenhead's question. Whether he listens or not is up to him and if he gets any insight in the matter is also up to him.
I then responded to JustRalph suggesting the credibility of the horse racing section could also be questioned. You then got into the discussion by calling me a class A turd. And of course Tom had to put his 2 cents worth in.
Now then, in my opinion the real class A turds in this thread are you and JustRalph, Tom just trying to be funny would be a class B turd. I would suggest you all go out and play Tonto's creditable selections and win lottsa money so you feel better.

PaceAdvantage
10-03-2005, 07:31 PM
And again with the name calling, you are beggining to show your lack of class here.

If you don't like it here, you can always leave....

ljb
10-04-2005, 03:03 PM
If you don't like it here, you can always leave....
:lol:
On occasion I do.