PDA

View Full Version : To New York area people -- who got a NYRA flyer in mail for Belmont meet?

andicap
09-28-2005, 09:49 AM
My promotional flyer for the start of the Belmont meet that NYRA sends out at the start of every meet came two weeks late this year -- even though there were all sorts of plugs for Opening Day.

What days did other people on this board receive their NYRA flyers?
There might be a marketing story here for me.
---------------
And why does NYRA not have its Family Fun days on Sundays for its Fall Meet like it does for the spring? That means I won't get to Belmont this fall with my daughter.

SilverSow
09-28-2005, 09:54 AM
My promotional flyer for the start of the Belmont meet that NYRA sends out at the start of every meet came two weeks late this year -- even though there were all sorts of plugs for Opening Day.

What days did other people on this board receive their NYRA flyers?
There might be a marketing story here for me.
---------------
And why does NYRA not have its Family Fun days on Sundays for its Fall Meet like it does for the spring? That means I won't get to Belmont this fall with my daughter.

I live less than 2 hours north of Belmont and have been there quite a few times. NYRA has my address about 20 times over from those stupid slips they used to make you fill out to collect the giveway items that have been offered over the years. They even used to find me every time a new track season started with that voucher promotion where everybody got a free $2 bet (before someone decided that was illegal or something).

Anyway, I've gotten NO flyers at all from NYRA for the last couple of years. To be fair, though, they're always VERY nice when I call for information.

Dave

aaron
09-28-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm 15 minutes from Belmont and I received my letter last Wednesday or Thrusday.

ryesteve
09-28-2005, 10:20 AM
I got mine late too. I also noticed there wasn't the customary "free bet" enclosed, so I figured that's why they didn't consider it time-sensitive.

If you want to add to a "shoddy marketing" story, look at the "At the track" tab at NYRA.com... all of the events and promotions they're listing are from the spring meet.