PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on these horses ??

frenchy
09-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi,

I ve made a small invest in these 4 horses (just for fun) can you tell me what do you think of the pedigree ??

http://www.myownstable.com/contents1.html

Thanks !! ;)
alex

Suff
09-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I ve made a small invest in these 4 horses (just for fun) can you tell me what do you think of the pedigree ??

http://www.myownstable.com/contents1.html

Thanks !! ;)
alex

They're on the low end. All I can tell you is your in with a shot. I hope your near Florida so your able to take advantage of the real purpose of the program. Go to the track, perhaps get to watch your horse get saddled, meet the trainer, jock and have a rooting interest.

These links are to their raw rankings... Click on the links within the pages and you'll see more specific data like , foals to start, Starters to win and so on.

get Struggler rankings here. Sire of Gucci aka Wind Turner

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/breviewrep.cgi?filename=1823338&dir=LastYear/Stallion

Classic Cat Sire of Mary aka Classic Caption
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/breviewrep.cgi?filename=1988147&dir=LastYear/Stallion

Worldly manner sire of Wendy aka Heaven is smiling

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/breviewrep.cgi?filename=2038405&dir=LastYear/Stallion

Get Ago rankings here

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/breviewrep.cgi?filename=1788156&dir=LastYear/Stallion

frenchy
09-28-2005, 05:51 AM
Thanks for answer....so the horses are quite bad :( I m really far from Florida (Paris) but i receive every day the training report, and the trainer answer my questions frequently.

Do you think that one of this horses (maybe mary) can win one races ??

Doc
09-28-2005, 03:40 PM
I think these horses can win if placed properly. What scared me when I looked at the Myownracingstable website was all the legalese at the bottom of the page. It gave me a headache reading it...hope you understood it all and will make some money in the long run. Owning horses is fun - I've had my share of bad luck and good luck over the years, so you never know. Good luck to you!Doc

frenchy
09-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks it s only 29 per month so i m not waiting for a return ....just have fun and learn !! i ve a good feeling with the trainer so let s see...

Doc
09-28-2005, 05:13 PM
At $29 a month, it's very affordable. Keep us updated on how the horses do when they run.

Doc

Suff
09-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Thanks for answer....so the horses are quite bad :( I m really far from Florida (Paris) but i receive every day the training report, and the trainer answer my questions frequently.

Do you think that one of this horses (maybe mary) can win one races ??

Honestly and I may look at these closer when I am bored. I'm a little but interested in the group that's running this outfit. I do know that the breeder is a guy with a decent history....Valid Video being one of his better.

I'm tempted to say that the angle they used here was to breed durable sire's to better mare's. I think your upside in the breeding is on the Mare's side.

Florida, if you do not know is arguably the 2nd best breeding state in the US, and Ocala is Horse Central in Florida breeding. Loads and loads of breeders, Bloodstock agents, Pin-hookers and the like. Competitive atmosphere and many people who know what they are doing.

These Horse's will chase Florida Breeders bonus money in races that it is offered, and I expect you'll see them run on grass quite a bit.

Go over to http://www.pedigreequery.com/ and dick around with their free pedigree query and if your real curious ask in their forum about your horses.

Be cautious as there are some serious breeding aficionado's over there and they don't take to kindly to degenerate gamblers looking to suckle off their knowledge..... They may look at your stock as closer to standardbred than thoroughbred.

frenchy
09-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the answer !! i ll inform you as soon as i ve got the 1st starts with maybe good infos ;)

frenchy
10-15-2005, 04:49 PM
I ve photos of the horses before training, if you re interested for watch them, send me a pm Bye

frenchy
12-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I ve got news, 2 horses ( florida) are on workout at ocala and make 3 furlongs on 39.00 ....the 2 better (breeder) enter tomorrow
Firsts starts are planned soon at tampa !!

stlseeeek
12-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Frenchy,

Let me know more about how it's going, i noticed they race at Fairmount Park(local track here). Seems like a pretty decent investment to enjoy the horses. And being able to see and watch them, would be nice also.

I'm realistically not thinking these horses will be Handicap horses, but even when they win 3K claimers, it's still a thrill.

ps i would like to know more about how much they interact with you, and info they give you on a regular basis, etc. thanks!

toetoe
12-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Monty was bred by a real breeding maven. Mr. Seaman. :D

frenchy
12-23-2005, 01:42 PM
I ve send you a pm ....it s a fun experience !! ;)

frenchy
12-24-2005, 06:42 AM
also for those who are interested in small investment partnerships, i ve eard of 2 others :

http://www.ownersstable.com/

and

http://www.ownracehorses.com/

If someone have experiences with one stable ....share ;)

Turfday
12-24-2005, 01:23 PM
First, best of luck in your venture, Frenchy. If it's costing you only $29 per month, you are obviously not going to get hurt or expecting a great return on your investment.

I've owned many horses in partnerships in years past and the thrill of seeing them run and win overshadowed any type of bet that I made on them.

I am posting the raw sire stats on the four sires of the horses you own a piece of.

Please keep in mind these stats do not account for the amount earned by their progeny OR the type of races their progeny has performed in (e.g. stakes / allowance / claiming, etc.).

Nor do these stats reflect anything about the DAM of any of their offspring and what type of producer she has been.

ALL STATS BELOW COVER JAN. 1, 1995 to DEC. 22, 2005

RAW STATS ON SIRE AGO

288 total starters / 33 wins (11%) very average

215 sprint starters / 27 wins (13%) average

48 route starters / 2 wins (4%) poor

25 turf starters / 4 wins (16%) good, however low sample size

1st-time starters: 25 /2 wins (8%) poor, however low sample size

2-year-olds: 63 starters / 4 wins (6%) poor

3-year-olds: 120 starters/ 23 wins (19%) good

4-year-olds & up: 105 starters / 6 wins (6%) poor

With poor route, 2-year-old and first-time starter stats, stats point to late-developing offspring (3-year-olds) who might be given a shot on turf. Also, better stats with colts (13%) than fillies & mares (10%).

RAW STAT ON SIRE STRUGGLER (IR)

892 total starters / 97 wins (11%) , very average

661 sprint starters / 81 wins (12%), average

120 route starters / 7 wins (6%), poor

111 turf starters / 9 wins (8%) poor (although those winners tend to win at big prices)

1st-time starters: 54 / 5 wins (9%) below average (although five winners tended to win at big prices)

2-year-olds: 133 starters / 17 wins (17%) average to good

3-year-olds: 441 starters / 47 wins (11%) average (winners tend to win at big prices)

4-year-olds & up: 318 starters / 27 wins (8%) poor

Stats wise, Struggler (IR) appears to be a very average sire strongest with 2-year-old sprinters. His colts and geldings (12%) win about 25% more often than his fillies and mares (8%).

RAW STATS FOR SIRE CLASSIC CAT

NOTE: Classic Cat appears to be off to a promising start as a sire. However, he has only had 10 offspring get to the races and they have made a total of only 64 starts thus far. Thus, this is a very small sample size. Many farms where the sire stands purposely try to get precocious mares to their new studs in their first crop so that the resultant foals "come out running" and attract other breeders. I hope that the case with yours!

64 total starters / 13 wins (20%), good

50 sprint starters / 11 wins (22%), very good

10 route starters / 1 win (10%) meaningless sample size

4 turf starters / 1 win (25%) meaningless sample size

1st-time starters: 10 / 2 wins (40%) meaningless sample size

2-year-olds: 42 starters / 9 wins (21%) good thus far

3-year-olds: 22 starters / 4 wins (18%) meaningless

4-year-olds & up: none yet

In his brief stud career, Classic Cat appears to be off to a promising start as noted above. However, with so few starters to get to the races, the jury is still out.

RAW STATS FOR SIRE WORLDLY MANNER

137 total starters / 9 wins (7%) poor

85 sprint starters / 5 wins (6%) poor

32 route starters / 2 wins (6%) poor (small sample size)

20 turf starters / 2 wins (10%) poor (small sample size)

1st-time starters: 19 / 1 win (5%) poor (small sample size)

2-year-olds: 36 starters / 0 wins (0%) awful

3-year-olds: 101 starters / 9 wins (9%) below average

4-year-olds & up: none yet

Unfortunately, Worldly Manner has been a "dud at stud" thus far. In fact, his filly offspring have made 34 starts and only one has won (1/34). His colts & geldings are winning at an 8% clip.

frenchy
12-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the great job Turfday !!!

Time for today's workouts : *

Wind turner :
Date: December 24, 2005
Track: OCALA TRAINING CENTER
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 38:40 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

Moncrief park :
Date: December 24, 2005
Track: OCALA TRAINING CENTER
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 38:80 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

Merry christmas

stlseeeek
12-24-2005, 11:38 PM
frenchy

i thought i read that the 2 male horses are 5 soon to be 6 year olds? And the fillies are 3, soon to be 4 year olds?

just curious, i'm serious about getting involved, but wanted to know if those horses had run, or what?

thanx

frenchy
12-25-2005, 08:53 AM
Thoses horses have never run !!

frenchy
12-25-2005, 04:09 PM
once again, don t hesitate to contact Billy for ask him what you want !!