PDA

View Full Version : OPEN LETTER TO CINDY SHEEHAN (Must Read)

boxcar
09-27-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm posting the link to this letter because I think it will have more of an impact if interested readers wanted to peruse the entire thread to which this letter is posted. It's very revealing, but I'm not at all suprised by the revelation....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1491832/posts

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-27-2005, 02:50 PM
I have no problem believing that Cindy S. had a change of mind after going through the grieving process. I believe in my heart of hearts that she believes that what she is doing is right, no matter how misguided I think it may be....

I don't even blame this on the Kerry campaign, whether or not they actually contacted her as this letter states.

I can never put myself in her shoes....a mother who lost her son in a war. That's one of the most God-awful things that can ever happen to any parent.

I can easily see where she could go from supporting the President and the war, to feeling and doing what she is doing now.

Of course she is going to be embraced by the anti-war movement, and the left in general. That's not her fault.

Her initial motive I am sure was genuine, even if I don't agree with it....and who the hell am I to say what is going on inside her head or inside her heart?

GameTheory
09-27-2005, 02:54 PM
She is a walking example of the stages of grief -- it will be interesting to watch if those surrounding her can keep her stuck in this stage forever...

so.cal.fan
09-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Her son chose to be in the military, chose to go to Iraq.
One day, she will deeply regret her actions, because she has dishonored her son's memory. The "special interest" people who are using her as a dupe don't give a damn, and their pretense of "caring" makes me sick.
I know people involved in this movement......a couple of them live in my town, and they are not nice people...in fact during our 4th of July parade in town, there was a float from a local business....on the float was a band and some gals who worked at the business...one of them was a 25 year old female who had just got back from active duty in Iraq.....one of the band members got annoyed with her, because she was running a BBQ grill and he said it was damaging his guitar strings.....she told him she would put the smoke out....but that wasn't good enough....he then said to her "I wish you'ld have gotten killed in Iraq"......same guy was in Los Angeles Sunday for the anti-war march!
I didn't learn about this incident until after the fact....the young woman never made an issue, because she didn't want to ruin the float for others.
I would have sprayed a water hose on this jerk's guitar, then on him!

CryingForTheHorses
09-27-2005, 05:59 PM
I feel for ths poor lady,Just like countless others who have lost loved ones in the service of their country,Being from Canada and never having to enlist in the service,I am alarmed at the Anti-War activists endanagering their own abroad,Makes me think of the Viet-Nam war where all the soldiers were scorned apon on their return home,These guys need support to keep them safe,The enemy feeds off this kind of stuff.

boxcar
09-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Her initial motive I am sure was genuine, even if I don't agree with it....and who the hell am I to say what is going on inside her head or inside her heart?

This isn't as difficult as you seem to be making it out to be. If you really want to know what going on "inside her or inside her heart", merely listen carefully to what comes out of her mouth. Is it not written?:

Matt 15:10-20
10 And after He called the multitude to Him, He said to them, "Hear, and understand. 11 "Not what enters into the mouth defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man." 12 Then the disciples came and said to Him, "Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this statement?" 13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant shall be rooted up. 14 "Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit." 15 And Peter answered and said to Him, "Explain the parable to us." 16 And He said, "Are you still lacking in understanding also? 17 "Do you not understand that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and is eliminated? 18 "But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. 19 "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20 "These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man."
NASB

Boxcar

Tom
09-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Big week so far - they killed the number 2 Al Qeda guy in Iraq and caught number 1 - the Ace of Spades! Cindy was arrested! :D

boxcar
09-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Big week so far - they killed the number 2 Al Qeda guy in Iraq and caught number 1 - the Ace of Spades! Cindy was arrested! :D

Just a shame she wasn't arrested at the moment she was stuck on stupid; for the cops could have killed two birds with one stone. (I'm alluding to the hillarious photograph of her leaning her poor tired head on the back of Jessie Jackson's shoulder.) Then they would have truly had the "Ace of Spades" with the Queen of [bleeding] Hearts. What a pair!

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Then they would have truly had the "Ace of Spades" with the Queen of [bleeding] Hearts.

Explain this sentence. And make it good, cause a lot may be riding on it for you....

46zilzal
09-28-2005, 01:46 AM
I,I am alarmed at the Anti-War activists endanagering their own abroad,Makes me think of the Viet-Nam war where all the soldiers were scorned apon on their return home,These guys need support to keep them safe,The enemy feeds off this kind of stuff.

bull crap being against a war makes one against the war and NOTHING else!

boxcar
09-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Explain this sentence. And make it good, cause a lot may be riding on it for you....

Where's your sense of humor these days? Secondly, Have you seen the picture to which I alluded?

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-28-2005, 11:03 AM
I never had a sense of humor. Ask around.

Thinly veiled racist remarks (and some not so thinly veiled) have never stood well with me on this board. Just ask Peopleplayer (remember him)????

boxcar
09-28-2005, 11:05 AM
bull crap being against a war makes one against the war and NOTHING else!

Two things: Anti-war doesn't necessarily promote peace, either. And you evidently haven't listened read or read any of the vitriolic rhetoric put forth my the peace advocates on many different issues. Their agenda is often times a lot broader than just war.

Boxcar

kenwoodallpromos
09-28-2005, 11:13 AM
As you know, the prison abuse thing was when I said we should get out;
But Cindy is making herself into a bigger pawn than she thinks her son was.

boxcar
09-28-2005, 11:27 AM
I never had a sense of humor. Ask around.

Now I know what to get you for Christmas.

Thinly veiled racist remarks (and some not so thinly veiled) have never stood well with me on this board. Just ask Peopleplayer (remember him)????

But seriously..."racist remarks"? Jackson is black, isn't he? And Sheean's heart is supposedly "bleeding" for her son -- and all other war fatalities, right? Both looked like they were glued together in the photo, making quite the pair.

So...there they both were. Jackson doing what he does best -- exploiting situations for political gain, for publicity, photo ops...whatever. And Sheean was the willing puppet on a string, being manipulated by many Jackson types. The two, therefore, being just two of the "cards" in the anti-war "card deck".

Geesh...quite a knee-jerk reaction coming from someone I thought was more level-headed and analytical. I guess I read you wrong.

And, no, I don't recall Peopleplayer. Guess he made no impression on me.

Boxcar

GameTheory
09-28-2005, 12:08 PM
The only problem is that "spade" is an ethnic slur and not much different than if you had said "******" or "spook". Spade, like spook, or "darkie" is pretty archaic as far as racist terms go, but you've been around enough long enough that I don't you can claim ignorance...

boxcar
09-28-2005, 12:28 PM
The only problem is that "spade" is an ethnic slur and not much different than if you had said "******" or "spook". Spade, like spook, or "darkie" is pretty archaic as far as racist terms go, but you've been around enough long enough that I don't you can claim ignorance...

If I offended anyone, I apologize. But I think context counts for a lot. And I didn't use the term "spade". The operative phrase was "the Ace of Spades" ("ace" being the noun) -- used alongside the name of another card in a deck.

Boxcar

Steve 'StatMan'
09-28-2005, 12:49 PM
I thought he was refering to the 52 Card deck of playing cards distributed to the members of the Iraq Invasion. They had pictures of each of the 52 most wanted people in Iraq. Sadam was the Ace of Spades. Chemical Ali had one. Uday, Qusay, Hearsay, etc.

GameTheory
09-28-2005, 12:56 PM
If I offended anyone, I apologize. But I think context counts for a lot. And I didn't use the term "spade". The operative phrase was "the Ace of Spades" ("ace" being the noun) -- used alongside the name of another card in a deck.
And I don't mean to be hypersensitive if it was unintentional, but it was very easy to read that phrase "ace of spaces" as meaning "head ******"...

PaceAdvantage
09-28-2005, 01:12 PM
You guys aren't stupid....just chill on the unnecessary race stuff....I don't care for it....period....

46zilzal
09-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Two things: Anti-war doesn't necessarily promote peace, either. And you evidently haven't listened read or read any of the vitriolic rhetoric put forth my the peace advocates on many different issues. Their agenda is often times a lot broader than just war.

Boxcar

Quite frankly I believe NOTHING you write...repeat NOTHING

If you said an orange was orange, I wouldn't believe it until I actually LOOKED at it.

boxcar
09-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Quite frankly I believe NOTHING you write...repeat NOTHING

Of course not. You're an "open-minded, pro-diversity" liberal, and wouldn't dare entertain anyone's diverse opinions, ideas or arguments.

Thank you for validating my tagline.

Boxcar

46zilzal
09-28-2005, 01:50 PM
No just a LONG TRACK record of posting irrelevant baloney that has NO basis in fact, that's all i.e all the SCRIPTURE references

boxcar
09-28-2005, 02:01 PM
No just a LONG TRACK record of posting irrelevant baloney that has NO basis in fact, that's all i.e all the SCRIPTURE references

Oh...I see. Now you once again switch stories -- going to believing "nothing" I write to more specifically "all the SCRIPTURE references". But...even so, one would think that someone who proudly wears the label "liberal" would have more of an open mind -- be more understanding, more considerate of other people's beliefs about what they believe are fact or fiction. Isn't this what Liberallsm is supposed to be all about -- the accpetance of others diverse views? Aren't you libs supposed to have minds as large the Grand Canyon?

Boxcar

Tom
09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I thought he was refering to the 52 Card deck of playing cards distributed to the members of the Iraq Invasion. They had pictures of each of the 52 most wanted people in Iraq. Sadam was the Ace of Spades. Chemical Ali had one. Uday, Qusay, Hearsay, etc.

That's what I was refering to - the deck of cards. Leno used it first.

Kreed
09-28-2005, 08:43 PM
BoxCar... you're an illusion. You pretend you're learned but my guess is that
you're self-taught, with mighty large gaps in basic education. por ejemplo,
you never respond to my business posts. why? Because you know dick about
business. Your pastes are extremely tedious & dull & largely irrelevant. I know
it sounds cruel, but your ideas are mostly irrelevant. Like Cheney, you're about
1970 or thereabouts. No Business; No Science; No Statistics; No Movies/Songs/
Art Forms/Fashion/Cusine/Travel/Books/Dance/Fashion/well, the lists Extends, but having seen tenZin Gatyso on Sunday, I've learned Humility, so my intent
is NOT to criticize YOU BOXCAR, but to enlighten. Just Keep Quiet. That's
what the DeliLama pro temp would advise. (ps: BoxCar has NO RESTRAINT).
hehe.

boxcar
09-29-2005, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=Kreed]BoxCar... you're an illusion[/b].

You sure spend a lot of words and waste even more bandwith berating someone who's only an "illusion". Slow day at the office for you high-powered gofers?

Boxcar