PDA

View Full Version : Bush & his booze & the levees of NO

Bobby
09-26-2005, 02:31 PM
"When the levees broke in New Orleans, it apparently made him reach for a shot," said one insider. "He poured himself a Texas-sized shot of straight whiskey and tossed it back. The First Lady was shocked and shouted: "Stop George!"

Im not gonna make fun though or criticize him since I like to drink too.
Its a little disturbing though. Laura tells him JIM BEAM OR ME. He's been Sneaking drinks for weeks.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/63426

JustRalph
09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
"When the levees broke in New Orleans, it apparently made him reach for a shot," said one insider. "He poured himself a Texas-sized shot of straight whiskey and tossed it back. The First Lady was shocked and shouted: "Stop George!"
Its a little disturbing though. Laura tells him JIM BEAM OR ME. He's been Sneaking drinks for weeks.

I was wondering when one of you wingnuts was going to run with this here. This is such bullshit it isn't funny.......and I mean it. I heard Air America talking about how bad it is that a "drunk has his finger on the button" and that a "drunk is in charge of the football" Amazing..........Do you think Clinton didn't take a drink the whole time he was in office? I didn't hear you bitch then? How about the fact that JFK was addicted to pain killers his entire time in office? Don't hear you bitching about that? How about the time Clinton lost the football? I for one don't believe a damn bit of the story, but even if the President wants to take a drink..........who are you to bitch about it? Get real......you SOB's will go to any length to make Bush look bad and this one proves it.

And you idiots are the party of Ted Kennedy..........Robert Byrd and the like. Amazing..............remember that old line about 'Glass Houses"

Bobby
09-26-2005, 03:56 PM
I don't care wether he drinks or not. I drink ALMOSt every nite. I think its relaxing. Its fine with me. It just interesting to me that he's back at the bottle, that he's off the wagon again. I guess that's why his hair was all messed up the other day on da tube :D :eek:

lsbets
09-26-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't care wether he drinks or not. I drink ALMOSt every nite. I think its relaxing. Its fine with me. It just interesting to me that he's back at the bottle, that he's off the wagon again. I guess that's why his hair was all messed up the other day on da tube :D :eek:

Are you drinking at work or is English a second language?

Bobby
09-26-2005, 04:34 PM
No I drink after work. After the gym. I go and jitterbug.

boxcar
09-26-2005, 04:55 PM
No I drink after work. After the gym. I go and jitterbug.

And I bet your feet never leave the ground when you "jitterbug".

Boxcar

Bobby
09-26-2005, 05:08 PM
A little bit. In Louisiana dancing to the Zydeco, Cajun, Swamp pop, a lot more lifting of the feet. Its more of swing dancing, you know the twirling stuff. I used to do a little two-step, but Im just not a cowboy type (Not yet anyway :D ). I dance to rap too.

Bobby
09-26-2005, 05:18 PM
See this goes to show you how screwed up this reputation thing is. I get hammered big-time b/c I post something that is negative towards Bush. Yet, when someone says something bad about Clinton, then its the gospel. U conservatives are a strange lot, you get pissed anytime your poster boy gets bad pub.

Don't you think he deserves at least some criticism? I mean gas prices are at record highs, long lines at the gas station, we're at war in IRAQ and Afghanistan, health care costs are outta sight, immigration is out of control, the feds are MIA in New Orleans, 9/11 occurs, can't find Bin Laden, 100,000 march in Washington the other day protesting the war and you guys are like GEORGE W. BUSH HAS NEVER DONE ONE THING WRONG. Please. Join the other 60% of this country.

Tom
09-26-2005, 07:42 PM
See this goes to show you how screwed up this reputation thing is. I get hammered big-time b/c I post something that is negative towards Bush.

No, I gave you a negative for having the audacity to quote the Natinal Enquirer!
The same rag that ran the story about Hillary giving birth to a space alien! :bang:

PaceAdvantage
09-27-2005, 02:34 PM
How can your rep be getting bashed? You're not even "dread red!!!"

Steve 'StatMan'
09-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Remember, you're quoting the National Enquirer. Much of their materials are just sensationalist garbage.

Tom
09-27-2005, 07:08 PM
He's red now! Hehehe.

DJofSD
09-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Remember, you're quoting the National Enquirer.

Don't forget, according to M. I. B. that's the best source for alien intell.

DJofSD

JustRalph
09-27-2005, 09:24 PM
This is the same paper that had a headline that read

"Bigfoot Stole My Wife! "

Tom
09-28-2005, 12:25 AM
NE ran a story today - they have a witness to Bush's drinking......ELVIS!

betchatoo
09-28-2005, 12:38 PM
This is the same paper that had a headline that read

"Bigfoot Stole My Wife! "

Remember what they say about men with big feet ;)

Tom
09-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Remember what they say about men with big feet ;)

They trip a lot????:D

betchatoo
09-28-2005, 09:39 PM
They trip a lot????:D

Yeah, but they're not tripping over their feet :cool:

kingfin66
09-28-2005, 10:58 PM

What, the National Enquirer scooped the Star. I'll reserve judgment on this matter until I see what People magazine has to say.

Seriously though, is there a rule that says the President of the United States can't enjoy a drink in the privacy of his own home? I like the fact the W will take a drink. Hell, I bet the Cold War ended over a couple of fifths of vodka.

dav4463
09-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Ulysses S. Grant was drunk during his entire administration! Seriously though, how can anybody believe the National Enquirer as a credible source for anything? Weird though, that you don't see any of the Hollywood types coming to the president's defense on this one. They are usually the first to complain how the Enquirer always prints lies about them.

lsbets
09-28-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't want to seem like I'm defending the Enquirer, but they are the ones who ran the story about Jesse Jackson's love child when no one else would. Occasionally they get one right.

Tom
09-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah, but didn't they say it was Al Sharpton? :D

dav4463
09-29-2005, 01:10 AM
They publish stories as fact based on hearsay. Occasionally the hearsay is true, but most of the time it is not. They don't check sources too well. It's the old "don't let facts get in the way of a good story."

kingfin66
09-29-2005, 01:32 AM
I don't want to seem like I'm defending the Enquirer, but they are the ones who ran the story about Jesse Jackson's love child when no one else would. Occasionally they get one right.

I guess my thinking on this is why does anybody care if the President has a beverage? I certainly don't think it would be right for teh Prez to be drunk in public, but can't the guy have a drink in his home, or at a State Dinner, etc. What am I missing here?

ljb
09-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Perhaps you are missing the fact that the President had an alcohol problem until he found Jesus at about 40 years of age. It is my understanding that there are no cured alcoholics just recovering alcoholics.
Personally I really doubt this story about Bush having a drink is true. Although I could see where he would want a drink with what is going on.

kingfin66
09-29-2005, 10:30 AM
I've heard that President Bush had a DUI when he was younger, but know nothing of an addiction to alcohol. Can you substantiate this?

Bobby
09-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I guess my thinking on this is why does anybody care if the President has a beverage? I certainly don't think it would be right for teh Prez to be drunk in public, but can't the guy have a drink in his home, or at a State Dinner, etc. What am I missing here?

Its not the drinking. Its his wife's reaction to it. His wife says STOP GEORGE, JIM BEAM OR ME. Stuff like that. Its actually quite alarming. She feels like she needs to be around him to control his drinking.

I just don't think he is "drunk on jesus" right now.

ljb
09-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Bush's drinking problems are pretty much common knowledge. I could probably do a google search to find some documentation. But unless you insist, I will just stand by my statement. Now then I do not know the extant of his drinking problems, I do however accept the information that he did have drinking problems when he was younger. I believe he has even talked about it himself. I think it was his 40th birthday when he found Jesus and gave up alcohol. Hope this answers your question, if not I am sure there are others here that can fill in the blanks.

lsbets
09-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Bush himself has admitted that he had a drinking problem and quit on his 40th birthday, there is no disupte on that. That's why to some it would be a big deal if he fell off the wagon. To others it wouldn't matter. But, he used the day he quit drinking as the day that changed him as a man and changed his life forever. He talked about it a lot in interviews during the first campaign.

Bobby
09-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Yea, during elections he likes to talk about how he is a "born-again" Christian. How he has jesus in his heart and so forth. Nothing at all wrong with it. I just think that if he talks about it he needs to do it all the time. Not during election time.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Its not the drinking. Its his wife's reaction to it. His wife says STOP GEORGE, JIM BEAM OR ME. Stuff like that. Its actually quite alarming. She feels like she needs to be around him to control his drinking.

I just don't think he is "drunk on jesus" right now.

Bobby, it's the National Enquirer! You've fallen for this story like their normally trashy, downtrodden, soap opera addicted, cackly women customer base does. They're sometimes the ones who have their own husbands with drinking problems and end up either being co-dependents or having to fight hard to save their husbands, or lose them to the booze. But just because it's in the National Enquierer doesn't meant it's actually happening to George & Laura Bush's marriage! They'll say anything they can narrowly get away with about anybody important to sell their trashy paper, and/or get hits on their website for the advertising dollars. While a precious few true items get printed to keep a minor semblance of integrity, they're stories are usually made up, or based totatlly on inuendo - sometimes, the 'sources' are just their fellow writer's making stuff up.

Its honorable to care about the social impacts on women of the problems they face due to alcohoic/problem spouses. It's a very real societal problem. I still visit and look out for a friend who lost her husband(a racing friend of mine) who abused alcohol and himself way to much, as well as abusing her mentally and once in a while, sadly, physically. He died of bad health quite young (massive heart attack at 44). Yes, she also reads the Enquirer and cackles when she laughs. But I seriously doubt that the recent events reported in the Enquirer regarding the President and the First Lady actually took place as reported. I wouldn't believe anything they write about this President, nor Bill Clinton, Hilary, Monica, etc. or any prior presidents unless the story later appears in a legitimate news source (no, not 'Star' magaine, nor any of the English Tabloids.)

dav4463
09-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Is it worse to get serviced by an intern or to take a drink? I would bet if Bush is asked about it, he will tell the truth, whatever it is.

ljb
09-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Huh ?

kingfin66
09-29-2005, 11:56 PM
I am truly struggling with this whole concept. First, we have something being reported by the National Enquirer being taken as fact. I mean, we have quotes from Laura Bush in article. 2nd, the President of the U.S. is drinking Jim Beam? I say B.S.

Next, I pose the question about why we would even care and people say that W had a "drinking problem" and quit on his 40th birthday. Now, I'm no alcoholic and don't, thank goodness, have a problem controlling my consumption of alcohol, but I doubt how serious his "problem" really is/was. He says that he quit drinking on his 40th birthday and did so. I say, that's great, but also ask why no detox, why no treatment, why no meetings? In other words, was it really that bad of a problem if he could set a date to quit and do it. I may be very naive here. It may be very possible that he had a serious problem and could do this. Is it more likely that GW sat him down and gave him a fatherly talk, effectively stopping a problem before it could really develop?

I'm trying to be fair with the President. Honestly, I don't admire him or his work, but I think this whole think is unfair.

That's my take and that's all I have to say about that.

DrugSalvastore
09-30-2005, 01:12 AM
I like how Bush has repeatedly said "I read the bible almost every day."

I wonder if he's ever going to finish it? Maybe he's just reading a word a day?

Seriously, who really likes any of these politicians???

This whole Republican vs Democrat "debate" (more like pissing contest) is really interchangeable with a Yankees vs Red Sox debate among a bar full of mean spirited drunks.

It's like everyone has to have a team! The R team or D team. You have one of two teams to choose from!!! Oh yea, how awesome!!

I think they both suck! I think the people who feel as though they need to be an internet foot solider for either party are just lame people.

I also think Oprah sucks! Horrible show! Dr. Phil is painful to watch. Al Franken isn't funny. Bill O' Riley is a riot....a "NO SPIN" old lawyer, with his own no spin zone--how freaking clever!! I've never bothered to listen to Rush so I can't rate him. James Carville is really confusing.

I like Joe Scarborugh (the old R congressman from FLA) he's slightly biased, but at least honest and decent. The Daily Show is funny..it's left biased, but good. Bob Novak and Begala are okay. Bill Maher is good. Ann Coultar is a trip, she looks EXACTLY like John Kerry's daughter! She even has the dreadful long face of Kerry's...and that annoying New England accent. I think Coultar really is the twin of Kerry's daughter.

What people forget, is that these jokers are all making millions of dollars a year to be biased foot soliders. While, at the same time, the biased foot soliders on the internet (some of you guys) aren't making a nickel off of this, you are just bleeding precious hours of your life away for nothing.

It's one thing to have smart discussions and debates---but the stuff I see here and everywhere else is alarmingly mean-spirited stuff, written by people who are either narrow minded or heavily biased to the positions of one of the two dreadful political parties that have run this country so poorly of late.

My suggestion would be to figure out how to get rich off your own personal political bias--like the other guys. Than again, who am I to tell people what to do and how to act?? If being a biased political hack is really fun to you, go ahead and have at it!

I'm just sayin---DrugS doesn't get it! Any of it! And how about a 3rd team?

dav4463
09-30-2005, 02:15 AM
ljb Huh ?

All I'm saying is IF the drinking turned out to be true.....

Bush would tell the truth about it.

Clinton allegation of sex WAS true....

"I did not have sexual relations with that girl !"

DrugSalvastore
09-30-2005, 02:45 AM
ljb Huh ?

All I'm saying is IF the drinking turned out to be true.....

Bush would tell the truth about it.

Clinton allegation of sex WAS true....

"I did not have sexual relations with that girl !"

I've never seen Bush as much of a straight shooter---but, he's a politician, and a very successful one---so that pretty much ensures he's not a straight shooter to me.

Clinton was downright deceptive and anything but a straight shooter. Very slick and impressive guy though. I'm sure Bush is almost equally as slick and impressive---but he plays the 'hey, I'm not smart...just like you!" card to win him votes. The truth is Bush is a Yale boy from the New England elite.

As for Clinton's sex comment---there are A LOT of people in this country who don't consider "oral sex" to be "sex." It's seen by some people, mostly younger people, as like an act slightly beyond french kissing. That said, Clinton was married, and I think he's a far more scummy guy than people think.

I've figured something out about Bush. Just listen to what he says, and assume the OPPOSITE of what he says is the truth, and you'll be right 95% of the time. The guy is wrong about everything. It's quite comical. I wish he was a football handicapper, I'd just see who he picked, and play the other team, and I'd probably win about 90% of the time.

As the comedian Lewis Black so eloquently said, "if either George W. Bush or Bill Clinton inspires you---you were probably inspired by your highschool principle." Now, if either Nancy Pillosi or Tom DeLay inspire you, SEEK HELP FAST!!!!!