PDA

View Full Version : How do you bet your Hard Earned Money??

CamptownRaces.com
06-06-2002, 02:44 PM
How you wager on your selections will determine just how much Profit that you are able to pocket...

I use many different wagering formulas to bet on my selections.

For the most part, I like to play the Exotics. The Exactas and Trifectas just seem to call to me.

I usually have a strong "KEY Horse" that I play in an Exacta Box with 3 good contenders.

Sometimes I can see that there will be a price in the race so I'll play a 3 horse box with 3 strong contenders, and drop the lower odd horses right out of the race.

Other Times though, I have 4 horses and can't make the call as to which one of them will be the "Key Horse" for the Exacta.

The horses odds are too low to play all 4 in an exacta box and still show a good profit if the 2 lower odd horses come in as the Exacta.

Here is a little wagering strategy that I use when this situation presents itself...

The $40 Wager

Example Odds
#1 - 2-1
#2 - 3-1
#3 - 9/2
#4 - 8-1

I start with the two lowest odd horses and play them in a two horse exacta box.
(Exacta Box 1,2 = $4 @ $2 multiples)

I then play the 3 lowest odd horses in a three horse box.
(Exacta Box 1,2,3 = $12 @ $2 multiples)

The last step is to play all four horses in an exacta box.
(Exacta Box 1,2,3,4 = $24 @ $2 multiples)

These wagers will cost you $40 @ $2 multiples.

If the #1, (the lowest odd horse), wins with the #4 (8-1) running second, you should get just better than $40 for the exacta, depending on the field size. (Higher field sizes will pay better. Don't use this wager in smaller fields.)

If the first two favorites hit the board for the exacta, you then have the lower paying exacta combination 3 times...

Even if it only pays $16.80, you're still coming out ahead.

It's when your 3rd highest horse wins with your second favorite running second, that you clear the best profit. You end up with that combination twice, and it usually pays pretty good.

There are so many ways of improving your Profits just by the way that you play your selections.

The $3/$2 exacta box is another wagering formula that I use. This is one that I use a LOT!

$3/2 & $2/1 Exacta & Trifecta Part-Wheel

These Wagers mainly apply when you are using the Betting Favorite as your Key.

If you have an Odds-On Favorite, you should add an extra dollar with the Favorite on top, if it looks like a strong win threat.

For Example;

You have the Favorite (# 7), and Three Contenders, (#'s 3,5, & 6)

You would play a $3.00 Straight Exacta 7 / 3,5,6

Then you would play a $2.00 Straight Exacta 3,5,6 / 7

This will make sure that you make about the same Profit no matter which way you hit the Exacta.

I have many more helpful insights and wagering formulas available on my site at
http://www.camptownraces.com

Good Luck,

Play Smart,

Charles