PDA

View Full Version : A new record of chutzpah!

Tom
09-25-2005, 12:25 PM
I thought ne of the funniest things I ever saw was on the old "Man Show"-
Jimmy and Adam set up a booth on the Boardwalk and were getting womean to sign a petitio to "STOP WOMAN'S SUFFERAGE!
Women were lining up to sign - the end the right of women to vote! :lol:

Well, today, I saw a better one. I got an email that said,

"Did you know that 80% of all home computers DO NOT HAVE SPYWARE installed? Can you believe that in this day and age anyone would not have up to date Spyware installed on thier computer? For a limited time only, you can have a FREE evaluation copy of our Spyware with no obligation. Just click on the link below to get your free copy."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's one born every minute!

mainardi
09-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Just like PT's old "This Way to the Egress"... yes, one IS born every minute!

For those not sure what I mean: "In order to keep the crowds moving through the exhibits in his traveling show, Barnum posted signs that read: 'This Way to the Egress'. Eager to view this presumably strange and exotic exhibit, the throngs would push through the door labeled 'Egress'... and find themselves in the street." :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW... egress is derived from the Greek word egredi, "to go out"

:cool:

Overlay
09-25-2005, 05:57 PM
BTW... egress is derived from the Greek word egredi, "to go out"

I think the Latin verb "egredior" (of which the past participle is "egressus") is what you're looking for there, unless the Romans borrowed the root word from the Greeks (which is entirely possible). (I took six years of Latin, but never formally studied Greek).

toetoe
09-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Mainardi,
The stewards have ruled that you have made an error and it is EGREGIOUS.

Disclaimer: I am posting insults for purse money only.

Suff
09-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Mainardi,
The stewards have ruled that you have made an error and it is EGREGIOUS.

Disclaimer: I am posting insults for purse money only.

Your new material is top shelf! Give your writers a raise.