PDA

View Full Version : BEL SUN

SAL
09-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Picks for Belmont Sunday:

R1 #7 Star Celebrity-Returns in claimers off a layup for the dynamic duo. Gets her favorite surface today and she’s fired off long layoffs in the past.

R2 Pass

R3 Pass

R4 #7 Mystical Honor-Has been reasonably consistent since shipping up from Florida. The longer distance should help some.

R5 #2 Keep On Talking-Dam dropped a graded stakes winner that won first time out. Low profile barn will help the price.

R6 #1a Varnay-Probably better as a sprinter, she showed good early lick in her last. Gets a key switch to Prado, a jock he has a good win % with.

R7 #1 Trading Pro-Returns to the dirt after the turf/route failure. I’m reasonably sure he can contend for the lead here, and that failed route attempt may have helped his stamina somewhat.

R8 #4 La Reina-Tough to go against her here. I can’t fault her for fading last out when she chased a fast pace. She should handle this field.

R9 #9 Artisitc Express-I liked the way she battled in her debut. Her fig is right up there with the main contenders, and she’ll be a better price.

R10 #4 Power Link-Didn’t run too badly after setting a pretty fast pace in her grass debut. With that under her belt I’m looking for an improved effort today.