PDA

View Full Version : BEL SAT

SAL
09-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Picks for Belmont Saturday:

R1 #1 Rhumjar-There are question marks with several runners here, so I’m taking a shot with this one. He usually makes a nice late run in these longer sprints. The pace looks to be honest in this heat to set up his late run.

R2 #6 Pacific Storm-Showed good early speed in debut on the dirt. Returns to the dirt today and gets Prado. Expect him to be an early factor here.

R3 #8 Inamorato-Had a bit of trouble in his last start at this distance on the dirt. Turf should be right up his alley.

R4 #7 Rain Today-Caught mud and had a bit of trouble in her last off an extended layoff. In prior start she made a nice move on the turn before flattening out. I’m looking for an improved try today with a clean trip.

R5 #3 Political Force-Returns after a failed run in the now famous Discreet Cat race. He earned competitive figs in the prior 2 races and looks tough here.

More to come…..

SAL
09-24-2005, 01:48 PM
R6 #4 Wing Man-Barn does well with the sprint/route, turf/dirt moves. Last jock to win with him returns today.

R7 #9 Giant Surge-He didn’t mind his manners when making his debut in Chicago. Gets blinkers and turf today, plus the barn does well with 2nd time out runners.

R8 #1 Play Ballado-Looks like a talented runner. More than likely will go off at low odds though.

R9 #10 Givememore-I’m surprised her morning line is so high. She battled to the end after setting an honest pace in his last. She showed in her previous race that she doesn’t need the lead to run well.

R10 #8 Sideways Glance-Returns to his best distance after failing at the route game again.