PDA

View Full Version : Mass. Fans in General

tonto1944
09-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Mass. fans in General are fine ,but there are a few who are the biggest whiner's and complainers. They complain that the Yankees buy their Championships. Dah, isn't that the way it's done you go out and get the best players to win. They hate the New York fans and players. They win 1 championship in 86 yrs. and think they are the best team ever. Did you know that 90% of the Black players have it in their contracts ,that they can never be traded to the Red Sox. Except for Francona,everyother Championship team they had was either coached or managed a New York born or a New York Team coach or manager. Red Aurbach was born in Brooklyn New York, Where did Belicheck coach,New York Giants and Jets. They think they are always right , I guess that's why if it weren't for New Yorkers they wouldn't have very many Championships. I am sorry if I offended anyone on the board ,but I am so tired of the people from Mass. complaining about things how terrible the President is and usually complaining about what people post on the board. Meanwhile there is more coruption in that State than most States in the USA. Remember one thing every Stae that Libs or should I say Dem. control are so corrupt. And if you don't believe it just look at the States and check their crime.

Suff
09-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Mass. fans in General are fine ,but there are a few who are the biggest whiner's and complainers. and check their crime.

It must kill you that your Mayor is a Boston Boy huh? Born and raised here. Harvard MBA as well. But better than that.....A huge Red Sox Fan. When he goes to Yankee games he wears a RED SOX hat.

How embarrassing. If the Mayor of Boston wore a Yankee cap at Fenway, they'd find him in the dumpster out back after the game. Have you guys lost your pride?

Also, Tommy Heinsohn who went right here at Holy Cross, not only led the Celtics to 9 championships as player but coached them to TWO championships in 76 and 79. So your wrong!

Everything you need to know about how Massachusetts stacks up to New Yawk you will find right here!'
http://www.morganquitno.com/edpress04.htm

tonto1944
09-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Nope it don't bother me . Hey I don't go around complaining about Baston, don't have to . First of all the Mayor ran out of Mass. didn't walk ,he ran. Second when your the best ,you sit back and watch the Step child,Boston complain. And if that's the only 2 things you have going for you good luck. 26 World Championships to 1 Huh. I guess you win. The door prize. Went to Boston ,once like I said once. The only thing that has History in Bost as Far as Sports go is the Celtics , that;s it. But I am not big into B Ball. When they talk about the Business or sports capitol of the world , Bosyon NOT. New York YES. Went to a game there once .The rudest people ever. I had beer thrown at me ,food and anything they could get their hands on . They didn't care if they hit my Grandson ,all they were concerned is that he had his Yankee hat on. Real Nice people. I guess that's why they love the Kennedy's so much. They have so much in common.

46zilzal
09-23-2005, 11:01 AM
amazing...ALL rude people HAVE to be of the SAME political persuasion as the BAD guys to help one understand the world. VERY simplisitic thinking there are PROBABLY bad people in Ecuador and Lithuanian, are they DEMOCRATS TOO??

tonto1944
09-23-2005, 11:42 AM
No but it would be nice if you could take your Grandson to a Ball Game and not have a bunch of drunks throw things at him and me because he has a Yankee Hat on. I go to Shea and Yankee Stadium with him regularly and have never seen a New York Fan throw something at a child just because he was wearing the other teams hat. I have seen them boo them or even once in awhile curse , but never seen one throw something at them. Bost fans. , not all of them ,but most of them are sore loosers and even worse winners. I feel very good for the Older Fans who finally got to see their team win a Championship , but to those who hate the New York Teams ,fans and people so much,I hope it's another 86 yrs. before they win again.

tonto1944
09-23-2005, 11:52 AM
People have to understand one thing. When the Yanks and Red Sox play in the playoffs there is more money made than by any 2 teams. And they will make more money in the playoffs from these 2 teams playing than they will off the World Series. Unless the Yanks play the Mets .

I am not a Red Sox fan by no means, but I don't have the hatred for them as they do for New York. They just can't handle being the middle child. The defeat by the Mets is so iritating to them. They blame Bill Bruckner and it wasn't his fault. It was the relief pitchers loss. You know what they say excuses are like assholes everyone has one.

BIG RED
09-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Gee Wiz....you put down Mass. fans, for what reason who knows, but prove how much of a jerk NY fan you are.
Keep typing :cool:

(This sounds like off-topic)

kenwoodallpromos
09-26-2005, 11:46 AM
I was ready to take everything e;se you said at face value; but cannot believe you are serious about the above comment.
NY Yankee seem to always buy the very best talent but not the other NY teams. It does make me wonder how come they do not have MORE championships especially World Series.
How do you know about the blacks being predjudiced against Boston?
I know the perception is that Boston is generally elitist, but I was treated kindly when I was there.
I thought NYC followed the leader on some things, like the marathon and US Navy ship displays.

tonto1944
09-26-2005, 11:58 AM
There was a Documentry on HBO about the Curse of the Bambino. It told just about the whole story of the Red Sox and about the Sullivans and how they were the only team in Baseball that refused to sign a Black player. except for Jim Rice how many other great Black Ball Players do the Red Sox have in their history. ZERO. Popi is Latin ,Ramirez is Latin. How many Black Americans play or played for the Red Sox. How many are on their team right now and don't count the Latins. They said it right on TV ,that 90% of the real good Black Players have it in their contracts they will not be traded to Boston.

And as far as buying the best team . I said the yankees go out and buy the best teams. Steinbrener goes out and pays for the best players. 26 Championships to 1 . People hate his guts ,but he does take care of his players. He puts them to work after they retire and helps them when they are in trouble. How many ex Red Sox work for them. When do you read of the Red Sox's helping a player who has had a problem with Drugs.Illness or with the Law. None.

tonto1944
09-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Baseball's colour line was rarely discussed by influential white sportswriters until the early 1930s, but times were changing. The triumphs of Louis during the decade and of sprinter Jesse Owens at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, the improving living standards and educational attainments of African Americans, the social and economic changes brought by President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal programs in the 1930s and especially by World War II—all of these helped to alter the attitudes of most Americans toward race. With African American men fighting alongside whites overseas, it was no longer so easy for whites at home to ignore or harass their black compatriots.

The black weekly press, particularly sports columnists Wendell Smith of the Pittsburgh Courier and Sam Lacy of the Baltimore Afro-American, kept up a steady drumbeat against the colour line during the late 1930s and World War II. The American Communist Party also urged an end to the colour line, although Smith denigrated the communists' efforts as more hurtful than helpful. The minor furor in the press over the continued exclusion of blacks from Organized Baseball led to sham tryouts of black players by the Chicago White Sox and Boston Red Sox and expressions of interest in African Americans by other major league clubs.

Meanwhile, Brooklyn Dodger president Branch Rickey, a one-time big-league catcher and manager, had put into motion a secret plan to find and sign an African American player. It culminated on October 23, 1945, when Jackie Robinson, a first-year shortstop for the black Kansas City Monarchs, officially signed a contract with the Dodgers. He spent the 1946 season with the minor league Montreal Royals.

In 1947 Robinson was promoted to the Dodgers, becoming the first black player in the major leagues in 63 years. The Cleveland Indians soon after signed Larry Doby, a fleet, hard-hitting infielder from the black Newark Eagles, making him the first African American in the American League. Several other African Americans joined minor league teams, beginning a trend of growing acceptance of blacks in baseball.

The Negro leagues suffered as a result of these developments. Black fans fixed their attention on Robinson, Doby, and the other black players in Organized Baseball and increasingly ignored the black leagues. The talent pool was also shrinking as young stars such as Willie Mays (Birmingham Black Barons) and Hank Aaron (Indianapolis Clowns) and old stars such as Satchel Paige left to play in the major leagues. A few teams tried the integration route by signing a handful of white players, and during the 1950s two teams, the Indianapolis Clowns and Kansas City Monarchs, had female players as gate attractions. The first female player signed was second baseman Toni Stone, who reportedly earned $12,000 a year, well above the pay of true stars.

The NNL died of financial malnutrition in 1948. The NAL lasted until 1960 before disbanding. A few teams continued barnstorming, most notably the Indianapolis Clowns, who mixed comedy and baseball in equal measure. The Clowns were the lineal descendants of the Ethiopian Clowns of the 1940s, who had outraged many fans by wearing grass skirts and painting their bodies in a cartoonish version of cannibals. But the latter-day Clowns played serious baseball, as evidenced by the fact that major league home run king Aaron made his professional debut with them in 1952. The Clowns continued barnstorming until 1973 (with a few whites on the roster) before giving up and ending the saga of the Negro leagues.

For more on the African American experience in baseball, see baseball: History.

Robert W. Peterson

PaceAdvantage
09-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Please do NOT reproduce more than one paragraph of copyrighted text. Just give us one paragraph and a link to the rest....where did you get this info from?

cj
09-27-2005, 02:38 PM
I don't like the Red Sox or Yankees, but I do know that the Red Sox have more than one championship. Better do a little more research there Tonto.

OTM Al
09-27-2005, 03:16 PM
They have 6 now actually

1903 def Pittsburgh (the very first)
1912 def Giants
1915 def Philly
1916 def Brooklyn
1918 def Chicago
2005 def New York Yankees...errr St Louis :)

cakes
09-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Sorry 26-6 and the last befor 2004 was 86 yrs ago.

cakes
09-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Please do NOT reproduce more than one paragraph of copyrighted text. Just give us one paragraph and a link to the rest....where did you get this info from?

Encylopidia Britannica online.

cj
09-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Sorry 26-6 and the last befor 2004 was 86 yrs ago.

ROFL...now can't even remember which name you logged in under, pathetic!

What the hell do you have to apologize for, you weren't even in this thread, that was you "cousin!"

cj
09-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Suddenly silent? This is too funny. Sure, it is fun when PA busts one of you frauds, but it is a lot more fun when you do it all on your own. I am awaiting the reply from you, it should be a hoot!

lsbets
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
ROFL...now can't even remember which name you logged in under, pathetic!

What the hell do you have to apologize for, you weren't even in this thread, that was you "cousin!"

That was too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: