PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming

Tom
09-21-2005, 11:18 PM
News today....MARS is warming up! Global warming on MARS!

That damn Bush! It has to be his fault, right?

Buckeye
09-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Don't know about that Tom,

but Bush is a hurricane magnet, apparrently.

ljb
09-22-2005, 08:39 AM

Not to worry Tom,
Bush has a plan to go to Mars. If we attack global warming there...... :D

Secretariat
09-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Not to worry Tom,
Bush has a plan to go to Mars. If we attack global warming there...... :D

Letterman had a good one last night. Bush wants to spend billions to send a man to the moon in three days. Hey, it's a heckuva improvement as it only cost the country about the same amount for him in five days to get from Crawford to Washington.

Yeah, I know. It's just a late night comedian, but he's done his share of Clinton bj jokes as well.

Tom
09-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Actually, MARS is in our future. And beyond.

We we given the ability and the intellignece to leave our earthly bounds - it is our destiny.
And of course MARS is our first planetary target because it is........

A RED PLANET!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boxcar
09-23-2005, 12:16 AM
"The Sun's radiance may well have an impact on climate change but it needs to be looked at in conjunction with other factors such as greenhouse gases, sulphate aerosols and volcano activity," he said. The research adds weight to the views of David Bellamy, the conservationist. "Global warming - at least the modern nightmare version - is a myth," he said. "I am sure of it and so are a growing number of scientists. But what is really worrying is that the world's politicians and policy-makers are not.

"Instead, they have an unshakeable faith in what has, unfortunately, become one of the central credos of the environmental movement: humans burn fossil fuels, which release increased levels of carbon dioxide - the principal so-called greenhouse gas - into the atmosphere, causing the atmosphere to heat up. They say this is global warming: I say this is poppycock."

For the full article, see:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/18/wsun18.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/18/ixnewstop.html

Boxcar

GameTheory
09-23-2005, 12:47 AM
"The Sun's radiance may well have an impact on climate change but it needs to be looked at in conjunction with other factors such as greenhouse gases, sulphate aerosols and volcano activity," he said. The research adds weight to the views of David Bellamy, the conservationist. "Global warming - at least the modern nightmare version - is a myth," he said. "I am sure of it and so are a growing number of scientists. But what is really worrying is that the world's politicians and policy-makers are not.

"Instead, they have an unshakeable faith in what has, unfortunately, become one of the central credos of the environmental movement: humans burn fossil fuels, which release increased levels of carbon dioxide - the principal so-called greenhouse gas - into the atmosphere, causing the atmosphere to heat up. They say this is global warming: I say this is poppycock."

For the full article, see:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/18/wsun18.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/18/ixnewstop.html

The scientists have themselves to blame. As the cold war was winding down, research grants were drying up, so they made up global warming and scared everyone into giving them money to study it. The process by which this occurred was more organic and less conspiratorial than I just made it sound, but basically that's what happened.

I am actually surprised it has become so accepted as fact by the general public. To me it is still a new idea -- I remember when they first came up with it in the 80's as an idea. I thought, that's interesting -- I'll be keeping an eye on what they come up with to support it. I'm still waiting, but the endless repetition of the thesis seems to have turned it into a fact. I guess it is still generating those research grant dollars, in any case...

DrugSalvastore
09-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Actually, MARS is in our future. And beyond.

We we given the ability and the intellignece to leave our earthly bounds - it is our destiny.
And of course MARS is our first planetary target because it is........

A RED PLANET!

Screw living on Mars---I want to live on the Sun!

I bet it's nice and warm....

I turn 24 today---does that suck or what!!!!

1/3rd of my life is finished...gone, done with, over!

I just multipled 24 times 365--came up with 8,760. I guess that means I've been alive 8,760 days.

dav4463
09-23-2005, 02:12 AM
I think we as humans have way too high opinion of our ability to influence the climate of the planet to a point where it causes disastrous results. The planet warms up and cools down, it is just a cycle, but the environmentalists have to have something to gripe about I guess.

Lefty
09-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Tom, if you'll go back and read some of my old posts on Global Warming I kept asking the libs if we were to cause of global warming, how did they account for the fact there was global warming on other planets? Never got an answer, just more diatribe.

boxcar
09-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Tom, if you'll go back and read some of my old posts on Global Warming I kept asking the libs if we were to cause of global warming, how did they account for the fact there was global warming on other planets? Never got an answer, just more diatribe.

The answer is simple: Those planets are mostly occupied by "fat, lazy and dumb" beings who don't give a flip about their environment, either.

Boxcar

ljb
09-23-2005, 01:25 PM

Tom,
Could you provide some documentation for this statement ?

Tom
09-24-2005, 12:08 PM

If there really werre global warming, wouldn't one think that the liberal brains would have thawed out by now?:D

ljb
09-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Tom,
Did you ever come up with any documentation for your original statement?

GameTheory
09-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Just Google "Mars Global Surveyor" -- it has been orbiting Mars since 1997 and has observed the polar caps shrink about 3 meters a year...

ljb
09-24-2005, 03:32 PM
So the data comes from NASA, a government agency that wants billions of dollars to go to mars. Hmmm

Tom
09-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Just Google "Mars Global Surveyor" -- it has been orbiting Mars since 1997 and has observed the polar caps shrink about 3 meters a year...

Damn Bush, anyway! :D

GameTheory
09-24-2005, 05:43 PM
So the data comes from NASA, a government agency that wants billions of dollars to go to mars. HmmmSo NASA is doctoring the pictures of Mars to make it look like the caps are shrinking when in fact they aren't? That is stupid even coming from you.

Lefty
09-24-2005, 07:16 PM
lbj, here's just one. Many mhttp://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/000145.htmlore, I suspect.

linrom1
09-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Steve Forbes was on Neil Cavuto show today saying that global warming is "good" and in fact we're in a mini ice age dating from 1300AD. Just imagine, this moron could've been our president. He is even more arrogant and stupid than the chimp running this country now.

dav4463
09-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Forbes isn't stupid and neither is Bush. Bush had better grades than Kerry didn't he ? Anyway, the Bush-bashing is getting old.

The point here though is Forbes isn't stupid, I have heard plenty of scientists say that we have been in a mini ice-age. He isn't just making it up.

Do your research.

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2005, 12:08 AM
They don't want to do research. It may open their minds to other possibilities, other than the ones Moveon.Org is feeding them.

wes
09-25-2005, 08:55 AM
They don't want to do research. It may open their minds to other possibilities, other than the ones Moveon.Org is feeding them.

They have no minds to open up. Hell has frozen over and there is no thawing of the ice heads. The group must be in heat because of the dogs that follow.

wes

Tom
09-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Steve Forbes was on Neil Cavuto show today saying that global warming is "good" and in fact we're in a mini ice age dating from 1300AD. Just imagine, this moron could've been our president. He is even more arrogant and stupid than the chimp running this country now.

....and YOUR claim to superiour knowledge came from where? That "chimp" is smarter that that POS Kerry, so what's your point? You lining to up to follow people dumber than monkeys? :lol:

boxcar
09-25-2005, 01:14 PM
LJB, the reason there is global warming taking place on Mars is because Bush is also the president there -- of the entire planet. This fact should make it a lot easier for you to believe that there's global warming actually taking place there.

Boxcar

Secretariat
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Didn't want to open a new thread since this has been discussed ad nauseum...

However, felt it merited a post since it was bipartisan...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060118/ap_on_go_ot/global_warming

Ex-EPA Chiefs Blame Bush in Global Warming

By JOHN HEILPRIN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Six former heads of the Environmental Protection Agency — five Republicans and one Democrat — accused the Bush administration Wednesday of neglecting global warming and other environmental problems.

"I don't think there's a commitment in this administration," said Bill Ruckelshaus, who was EPA's first administrator when the agency opened its doors in 1970 under President Nixon and headed it again under President Reagan in the 1980s.

JustRalph
01-18-2006, 08:31 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

toetoe
01-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Commitment to what? Shame? Apology? Appeasement? Nuclear energy?

GameTheory
01-18-2006, 09:04 PM
How can you neglect global warming when no one can show that it exists?

Tom
01-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Sec, why are China and other thrid world ountries exempt under the Kyoto treaty?

Is this enviromental of political. I suspect, given all the hot air, it is political.

Figman
01-18-2006, 10:12 PM
For my unenlightened liberal friends
http://tinyurl.com/bo64u

linrom1
01-18-2006, 10:12 PM
How can you neglect global warming when no one can show that it exists?

Only in US, the rest of the world has no problem accepting it as a fact. I suppose that if you put a lot of garbage up there, you can succeed in creating doubt, just like tabacco companies were able to do for decades.

GameTheory
01-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Only in US, the rest of the world has no problem accepting it as a fact. I suppose that if you put a lot of garbage up there, you can succeed in creating doubt, just like tabacco companies were able to do for decades.Who and who doesn't accept it as a fact is not relevant. Lots of people have accepted lots of wacky non-facts all throughout history. The evidence for global warming is simply not compelling. It is possible, but it is not likely, and it is certainly not supported by hard evidence.

NoDayJob
01-18-2006, 10:22 PM
:lol: Global warming is more junk science. If you're not able to make money at the race track, my suggestion is to come up with another nut case theory and get a gummint grant. That's what most junk scientists do, and you the dummies that buy into it are paying for it big time along with chumps like me. Gummint grants = yo tax dollars, along with high priced hammers, toilet seats, politicians and lobbists! A while ago it was another ice-age, now it's global warming. Just another phony full employment act. I hear a giant sucking sound--- hmmmmmm, must be the "beltway" vacuum cleaner sucking yo $$$$$$. Enough already! :lol:

GameTheory
01-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Keep in mind I'm talking about global warming caused by us. The earth could very well be getting warmer, as it has gotten warmer and colder in cycles countless times before....

Tom
01-18-2006, 10:47 PM
The earth was warmer in the middle ages than it is now.

NoDayJob
01-18-2006, 10:49 PM
:D One more thing, if I were going to get excited about EN [environmental nonsense] I'd probably lose some sleep should a volcano like Tambora in Indonesia or the caldera in Yellowstone Nat. Park suddenly blowing up. Then ya gotta problem. :D

Steve 'StatMan'
01-18-2006, 11:25 PM
:D One more thing, if I were going to get excited about EN [environmental nonsense] I'd probably lose some sleep should a volcano like Tambora in Indonesia or the caldera in Yellowstone Nat. Park suddenly blowing up. Then ya gotta problem. :D

Yes, tons of ash in the sky. Global temperatures fall a few degrees. So much for the time being about Global warming for a while. No help to the ozone layer though.

Lefty
01-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Volcanic eruptions in Alaska too. These things pollute more than we ever could.

Secretariat
01-19-2006, 12:10 AM
lol...It's always nice to read this board when they claim 5 Republicans are wrong and only 1 Democrat is wrong.

Those Republican EPA heads under Nixon and Reagan..now what could they know more than GW? .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobby
01-19-2006, 12:11 AM
:D :D :D

46zilzal
01-19-2006, 12:34 AM

Only been actually recording them for a bit over 200 years so where does this data come from??
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globalwarming/instrumental.html

Lefty
01-19-2006, 01:33 AM
There's global warming on other planets too, guys and you never want to deal with the question as to how that could be since man doesn't exist there.
If there is truly global warming, we didn't create it and we can't stop it. So stop with the Bush bashing. Wasn't there also global warming in prev administrations, hmmmmmmm?

so.cal.fan
01-19-2006, 10:35 AM
:confused:
Could a partial reason for global warming of the Earth be overpopulation?
Seems overpopulation is the #1 cause of pollution, famine, and other horrible problems?

46zilzal
01-19-2006, 10:58 AM
:confused:
Could a partial reason for global warming of the Earth be overpopulation?
Seems overpopulation is the #1 cause of pollution, famine, and other horrible problems?
BINGO!! overwhelming carrying capacity a person at a time

rastajenk
01-19-2006, 11:36 AM
So one way to alleviate warming would be to implement genocides in those areas that don't produce enough to maintain their populations? Or just sterilize them all?

46zilzal
01-19-2006, 11:37 AM
EDUCATE THEM as to the consequences of OVER-POPULATION

so.cal.fan
01-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Doesn't mainland China have a rule, one child....take it or leave it?
Overpopulation is only going to get worse, it's no coincidence that in the United States we do tend to keep the population lower than most other countries, and we also are the most successful country.
The sad thing is we keep giving money and aid to these overpopulated countries and it only adds to the problem, if any food or help gets to the populations at all.....many of these countries have very corrupt governments and the "questionable effective" United Nations oil for food program was criminal.
46Z is right......people need to understand they are destroying the planet by overpopulation, however.....no easy task to get the uneducated to understand this. :bang: :bang: :bang:

GameTheory
01-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Another myth -- overpopulation. It is the OVEReducated that have the problem here. The world is not overpopulated, and we are not headed for it either. There are some areas that are a bit too densely populated, but globally the world is no where near overpopulated...

46zilzal
01-19-2006, 02:19 PM
there is an old saying "Don't shit where you eat"

Last time I looked the earth was finite but the population wasn't. EVERY STUDY of every type of organism, when going through unchecked growth, so fouls it's envirnoment that it dies out.

How does anyone become OVER-educated. that's impossible

so.cal.fan
01-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Game Theory?????
Are you okay????? I can't believe you posted that????????
You usually don't post fallacious statements.

Bobby
01-19-2006, 02:51 PM
mAYBE why half (or is it a 1/3? ) of Africa's population has AIDS. Still, its a huge #.

GameTheory
01-19-2006, 03:30 PM
there is an old saying "Don't shit where you eat"

Last time I looked the earth was finite but the population wasn't. EVERY STUDY of every type of organism, when going through unchecked growth, so fouls it's envirnoment that it dies out.

How does anyone become OVER-educated. that's impossibleIn what way are we going through unchecked growth? Population is leveling off. I didn't say it is impossible to over-populate, I said we were no where near that point and there is no evidence will ever will get there. People have been crying overpopulation for THOUSANDS of years now and not one of the their doomsday predictions has ever come true, and they have to keep revising their estimate downwards of what the population is going to be in X years.

As far as over-education, Orwell put it best when he said some ideas are so stupid only intellectuals could believe them. People believe lots of wacky stuff only because they are taught so when evidence and common sense says otherwise. Marxism, for instance. Environmentalist doomsday propaganda, for instance (overpopulation, global warming, etc.) Economic policies that keep people in poverty when they are supposed to do the opposite. The list goes on and on of dumb things people get taught the more "education" they receive...

SoCal -- are you sure you REALLY know the facts or are you just going by the "popular sentiment"?

Steve 'StatMan'
01-19-2006, 03:40 PM
I can believe that, if the people were more evenly distributed, there would be less of a sense of 'overpopulation', of course nations, economics, power structures, institutions, property issues (residency rights, home values, etc) and politics, etc. obviously get in the way. As the late comedian Sam Kinnison said in his act, not to keep sending food aid overseas to starving desert areas because "we should move these people to WHERE THE FOOD IS!"

Yes, some regions are overpopulated to where the economic systems, food expiration date constraints, and local politics (civil, tribal and national wars) make food delievery, and stable economic trade, extremely shaky.

But I'm not sure that changing the current people distribution would reduce global warming.

toetoe
01-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Hate to jinx him, but I'm right with Game Theory on this one. I wish I had Paul Ehrlich's money, and what has he done, except write Chicken Little thrillers? And he's won Nobels, or Pulitzers, or some damn thing.
The amazing thing is that humans cheat nature, in the sense that a disease that wipes out, or at least THINS out a less-than-optimally sized group of, say, zebras can have little or no effect on humans. Now, part of our "higher" nature is that we don't normally kill our own for expediency. If a baby bird is born retarded, the others will peck it to death, knowing it could not survive in the wild. We not only comfort and coddle all children, we bring them in out of the wild. Now, QUALITY of life is dreadful in too many cases, but we believe life is worth living, regardless. (Please, no mention of abortion here.) But isn't it presumptuous of us to tell people around the world how many children to bear?
As to the Chinese situation, I think that had to do with easier control of the people, maybe? Lesser (govt./henchman :: common man) ratio. Make sense?

As to unchecked organisms dying out, I think far more common is the die-off-and-build-back-up model.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
As to unchecked organisms dying out, I think far more common is the die-off-and-build-back-up model.

A very good and interesting point, Toetoe. Unlike the animials, humankind has the thinking and reasoning process. We've seen and learned to overcome many of the diseases that once killed countless humans. Plus, we have the ability to anticipate things coming, and to prepare for the future and take action, vs. the animals who react to the events around them and as instict tells them.

Of course, we're also so 'brilliant' that we've been wiping each other our by wars pretty much since time began as well.

NoDayJob
01-19-2006, 04:10 PM
:lol: We should open our borders completely and let the whole world move here, all 6 billion people. Including Alaska everyone would have about 1/2 an acre to live on. Of course, some folks would have their 1/2 acre on top of a mountain. Those with weapons would have the choicest properties. Something for gun control freaks to consider. Gets damned cold on those mountain tops and fires don't burn too well, either. With that accomplished, we move to the middle east and control the world's oil supply without a shot being fired over there. Plus we'd get a big tax refund based on every barrel of oil that was pumped, just like in Alaska. :lol:

NoDayJob
01-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Plus, we have the ability to anticipate things coming, and to prepare for the future and take action, vs. the animals who react to the events around them and as instict tells them.

:D Ya fogotta 'bout dem der asstroids roamin' 'round in outer space, da erdquakes, tide-all waves, hurrykanes and whatnot. :D

toetoe
01-19-2006, 04:53 PM
See, NDJ, that way WOULD work with other animals. They would stake out their territories, feed themselves or move on, raise families, etc. If we tried that ourselves, in a week it'd be more lopsided than any society we have now. Takers, naifs, greedy winners and greedy losers, etc., so I think nobody brain-live seriously advocates that.Our other problem is that we gear much of our time to not just propagating the species, but also to stretching every life out as far as we can. No other species has this delusion that quantity of years enhances quality, and what species could resist the compulsion if it were "offered?"

NoDayJob
01-19-2006, 05:01 PM
No other species has this delusion that quantity of years enhances quality, and what species could resist the compulsion if it were "offered?"

:D We just haven't figured out that growing old ain't for sissies. :D

Lefty
01-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Sorry, Socal, but GT right on this one. Even Nightline did a prgm a few yrs ago about how overpopulation is a myth.

Buckeye
01-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Global Cooling is a myth too.

excepting if you're a Dinosaur! Things change? Wow, I didn't know that!

Buckeye
01-19-2006, 06:39 PM
I guess we just can't survive in a warmer world.

Secretariat
01-19-2006, 08:41 PM
But how could so many Republicans be wrong?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060118/ap_on_go_ot/global_warming

Lefty
01-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Guess they were contaminated by democrats.

linrom1
01-19-2006, 09:21 PM
In what way are we going through unchecked growth? Population is leveling off. I didn't say it is impossible to over-populate, I said we were no where near that point and there is no evidence will ever will get there. People have been crying overpopulation for THOUSANDS of years now and not one of the their doomsday predictions has ever come true, and they have to keep revising their estimate downwards of what the population is going to be in X years.

As far as over-education, Orwell put it best when he said some ideas are so stupid only intellectuals could believe them. People believe lots of wacky stuff only because they are taught so when evidence and common sense says otherwise. Marxism, for instance. Environmentalist doomsday propaganda, for instance (overpopulation, global warming, etc.) Economic policies that keep people in poverty when they are supposed to do the opposite. The list goes on and on of dumb things people get taught the more "education" they receive...

SoCal -- are you sure you REALLY know the facts or are you just going by the "popular sentiment"?

Not so according to the financial markets. Prices of resources and commodities have skyrocketed over the last several years in part due to demand caused by burgeoning population in Asia. Will the average Indian or Chinese ever reach the standard of living that is currently obtainable in the west? I doubt it, because they won’t enjoy the LOW cost of energy that industrialized nations benefited from. Next to energy, China’s major concern is environment. In fact, as wild as this may seem to some, there are actually environmental riots in China.

It would certainly be a wild idea for people in US to believe in Karl Marx? Yet they fail to understand how some tech and automobile workers have attained the goal of bearing the fruit of their labor. Just mention the word “stock option” and they get defensive, but yes these workers are bearing the fruit of their labor. Doesn’t GM exist to provide their workers with generous pensions and medical benefits? So, how is Karl Marx wacky. His economic theory of workers getting more for their labor is the mainstay of western industrialization.

Bobby
01-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Guess they were contaminated by democrats.
:lol: :lol:

toetoe
01-19-2006, 10:27 PM
linrom,

Not sure how I feel about pensions and medical plans, but I AM horrified when I hear that a company can not sustain its pension fund. It's mindboggling. The workers can not recoup the time spent earning those pension dollars.

DJofSD
01-19-2006, 11:46 PM
From global warming to unfunded liabilities of pensions? Wow! Thread creep galore. There has got to be some kind of measurement to rank thread creep. Call it "The Six degrees of Thread Topic Separation."

boxcar
01-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Doesn't mainland China have a rule, one child....take it or leave it?
Overpopulation is only going to get worse, it's no coincidence that in the United States we do tend to keep the population lower than most other countries, and we also are the most successful country.
The sad thing is we keep giving money and aid to these overpopulated countries and it only adds to the problem, if any food or help gets to the populations at all.....many of these countries have very corrupt governments and the "questionable effective" United Nations oil for food program was criminal.
46Z is right......people need to understand they are destroying the planet by overpopulation, however.....no easy task to get the uneducated to understand this. :bang: :bang: :bang:

GT and others are right, SCF. Overpopulation is a big lie. For starters you really should read that lengthy article in the link in put in the Sobering Outlook for Western Civilization thread -- just for starters.

Don't get sucked into the lie -- or the myth. Whatever you want to call it.

Boxcar

Be a Liberal! Rewrite the Past. Lie about the Present. And offer no hope for the Future.

Bobby
01-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Global warming not good for blacks . . .
http://www.bet.com/News/global_warming_blacks.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&Referrer=%7B03CE5360-2620-42CB-AD7E-77E4249C5FB7%7D

Lefty
01-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Some scientists say if there was global warming there would be less hurricanes not more. Also, these hurricanes were no more than we have had in the past. The world didn't start at our birth.
And there's global warming on other planets, and that serves to prove it's not man's doing. Like we can stop the forces of nature...
But if it makes you libs feel better, be the first to give up your cars and live in unheated an unairconditioned houses. Show us how it's done.

Lefty
01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
And personally, if I were black, i'd view the article as racist.

boxcar
01-20-2006, 12:59 PM
According to that article, I must be a racist...since I own big cars and a nice home. Now evertime I drive, I'll be thinking: How many blacks have I killed today am killing with my big machines? :rolleyes:

One of the most ignorant and stupid articles I ever read... Just more liberal lies about the present.

Boxcar

Be a Liberal! Rewrite the Past. Lie about the Present. And offer no hope for the Future.

lsbets
01-20-2006, 02:29 PM
According to that article, I must be a racist...since I own big cars and a nice home. Now evertime I drive, I'll be thinking: How many blacks have I killed today am killing with my big machines? :rolleyes:

One of the most ignorant and stupid articles I ever read... Just more liberal lies about the present.

Boxcar

That article could be nominated for the dumbest thing ever written (okay, maybe not ever, but at least so far in 2006).

chickenhead
01-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Global warming not good for blacks . . .

Not good for Russians either, poor bastards aren't getting enough of it...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060120/ap_on_re_eu/russia_cold

At a zoo in Lipetsk, south of Moscow, director Alexander Osipov said monkeys would be given wine three times a day "to protect against colds," the RIA-Novosti news agency reported, while Rossiya television said a circus sea lion was being treated for pneumonia with brandy body rubs.

Tom
01-21-2006, 11:51 AM
lol...It's always nice to read this board when they claim 5 Republicans are wrong and only 1 Democrat is wrong.

Those Republican EPA heads under Nixon and Reagan..now what could they know more than GW? .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't you ever look at things without a political filter?
GW is not a political issue - it is a myth. It makes no difference what political party a guy is in - if he says we have a GW crises, he is wrong.

Tom
01-21-2006, 11:54 AM
mAYBE why half (or is it a 1/3? ) of Africa's population has AIDS. Still, its a huge #.

That is not nature's fault - that is African's fault.

Tom
01-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Another myth -- overpopulation. It is the OVEReducated that have the problem here. The world is not overpopulated, and we are not headed for it either. There are some areas that are a bit too densely populated, but globally the world is no where near overpopulated...

Canada has 304 kazillion square miles of land, but everyone lives in Toronto - and they ALL were on the QEW last night! :mad:

boxcar
01-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Global Warming is caused by excessive solar heat, typical amounts of Liberal hot air, and over-indulgence in flatulence-producing foods. End of story.

Boxcar

Lefty
01-21-2006, 12:02 PM
bobby says: mAYBE why half (or is it a 1/3? ) of Africa's population has AIDS. Still, its a huge
Has nothing to do with overpopulation; has everything to do with education or lack of it. Aids is the most preventable disease in the world. BTW, GW has comitted more money to Africa to help with the education and the suffering than any other pres, yet he gets no credit.

DJofSD
01-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Canada has 304 kazillion square miles of land, but everyone lives in Toronto - and they ALL were on the QEW last night!

Ya, I think something like 90% of the population of Canada lives within 100 miles of the US border.

If there was global warming, would they start moving farther north?

Secretariat
02-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Interesting post

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11385475

dav4463
02-17-2006, 11:47 PM
that still doesn't mean we caused it. The earth warms up and cools off in cycles. It always has and always will whether we are here or not.

Tom
02-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Watch Lou Dobbs this Tuesday on CNN - he has a NASA guy who is being "shut up" by NASA officials and the Bush administration over research on GW. Not saying I agree that it is happening or we caused it, but who the HELL is Bush to censor scientific reseach. Oh that's right, he's the guy who LIED about air quality at Ground Zero. I understand Bush has problems with borders and ideas, in fact, he takes idea blockers from General Nutrition ( like fat blockers) so his little brain will not be overcome. ( apparently, his fire-wall skull is not enough:D )

But as a taxpayer, I paid for that research, and that little POS has NO right to deny me access.

I'm not afraind of the turuth..why is King George?

DJofSD
02-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Tom, I agree, we paid for the damn research, I want it published.

It does appear that King George is a Luddite. However, there is a strong, perhaps too strong, propensity in this country to make science the end-all and be-all. That's very dangerous on any number of levels.

As much as it pains me to say it, I want some one, and if it's King George, so be it, to slow down the race to easy and quick solutions that are purely scientifically based. Polciy decissions can not be just a knee jerk reaction to the latest scientific Clinton-esque finger in the wind.

Tom
02-18-2006, 11:19 AM
It does appear that King George is a Luddite. However, there is a strong, perhaps too strong, propensity in this country to make science the end-all and be-all. That's very dangerous on any number of levels....

When it comes to too much knowledge, we have an antidote - King George. :D

What gets me, is this rotten POS fails to realize he REPRESENTS us, not RULES us - WE have the RIGHT to ALL scientific research and WE have the right to decide. I do NOT need a slap-happy recovering alcoholic to decide what I need to know and what I don't.

And I have not changed my opinion on GW.....but I do not accept is as fact forever. like KG would love us do.

And is "Luddite" like a lunkhead? :confused:

DJofSD
02-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Well, I saw it in TV tonight, "60 Minutes" specifically, that global warming is real, it's going to kill off the polar bear. Steve Croft did a wonderful job.

Bottom line: no need to rebuild NO.

Lefty
02-20-2006, 11:45 AM
When it comes to too much knowledge, we have an antidote - King George. :D

What gets me, is this rotten POS fails to realize he REPRESENTS us, not RULES us - WE have the RIGHT to ALL scientific research and WE have the right to decide. I do NOT need a slap-happy recovering alcoholic to decide what I need to know and what I don't.

And I have not changed my opinion on GW.....but I do not accept is as fact forever. like KG would love us do.

And is "Luddite" like a lunkhead? :confused:

Nobody stopping you from gettin all the research ya want. It's on the internet and tv, and everywhere. And it all conflicts.

Tom
02-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Nobody stopping you from gettin all the research ya want. It's on the internet and tv, and everywhere. And it all conflicts.

Why should I have to go search the net for research I already paid for?
I WILL get some of it Tuesday on Lou Dobbs - the guy is risking a lot by doing this. Why do you find it so hard to hold Bush to a realistic standard?

Why is it no issue with you that this guy is being pesonally harrassed and threated by the administration to silence him?
What is Bush afraid of? What is he hiding?

I said I still did not believe GW was a threat, but I am entitled to the truth - Bush workd for me and I don't thnk he has ANY right to block this research.

Remeber, he lied about air quality reports in NYC at Grodn Zero - how can I trust a proven liar to censor my information?

I am thinkg where are the WMD and then I have to ask - do I trust this guy on anything? His truth always has to be filtered for him.

Lefty
02-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Tom, sorry to see you joining the wmd b.s. But you waver so much back and forth i shouldn't really be surprised.

Tom
02-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Tom, sorry to see you joining the wmd b.s. But you waver so much back and forth i shouldn't really be surprised.

My point is if there were no WMD were we lied to?
If they were there and were moved, then doesn't it follow that the immeidate danger still exists? Are they WMD in Syria waiting to be delivered to terrorists? What happened to no safe harbor for terroists?
I guess you are satisfied to say - hey, we were wrong! and let if drop?
I'm not.
Look at the big picture - there is a very small man in the center.

Lefty
02-20-2006, 07:57 PM
We will disagree that GW is a small man. If he is, then he's a giant compared to the Clintons and Carters of the world. There were WMD's and if they're in Syria dont'cha think that situation is being closely monitered? I'm willing to give the man who has freed two countries and has already stopped more terrorism in this country, the benefit of the doubt.

JustRalph
02-20-2006, 09:40 PM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/globalmember.RightColGlobal.0016.FlashFile.swf

Tom
02-21-2006, 12:29 AM
WMD is Syria being monitored?

Yeah, like he monitored them in Iraq. Either he was seeing things or he lost them.

NoDayJob
02-21-2006, 03:13 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/globalmember.RightColGlobal.0016.FlashFile.swf

:D The end of Al Bore????????????????? Hope so! :D