PDA

View Full Version : Awesome press conference

lsbets
09-20-2005, 11:05 PM
There was a press conference in NO today to talk about how they will evacuate people from Rita if the need to. LTG Honore stepped in when the press seemed to focus on Katrina. This exchange is awesome:

Male reporter: General, a little bit more about why that's happening this time, though, and did not have that last time...

Honore: You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question. We are going to deal with Rita. This is public information that people are depending on the government to put out. This is the way we've got to do it. So please. I apologize to you, but let's talk about the future. Rita is happening. And right now, we need to get good, clean information out to the people that they can use. And we can have a conversation on the side about the past, in a couple of months.

Here is the audio:

http://www.radioblogger.com/images/09-20honore.mp3

Something tells me that Gen Honore will never run for office. Too bad - we need guys like him.

kingfin66
09-21-2005, 12:41 AM
My supervisor at work was a captain in the Army in the 80's...ran tanks in Germany during the end of the Cold War. He read about Honore and thinks he is the greatest. I guess Honore grabbed a megaphone a couple of weeks ago and layed down the law to the National Guard troops, basically stepped in as a leader in the absence of any leadership down there.