PDA

View Full Version : N.Y.S. Racing and Wagering Board on rebates.

twindouble
09-20-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm sure some of you have read the results where no dicision will be made at this point on NYRA's strong recommendations to approve it. I tipped my hat to them when they "cut off many unregulated account wagering companies that offered them." Now they say they need to give rebates to compete with these "unregulated" companies.

My first question to all is, why are these companies unregulated to begin with??

This really burns my fanny, the NYRA's idea is to give us uninportant slobs a 1% rebate and 7% to the whales. To me that's like getting loans from a loan shark, stiff the little guys and beat them up along the way. Add it up, the small guy will be subsidizing the rich with that kind of disparity.

When it comes to gambling the house has the edge, including the race tracks with the take out, but when anyone sits at the table or bets a horse it should be a level playing field, your money shouldn't be worth any more than mine. I don't care what they take out of their own profits to get more business or who they give it to. It was their mistake to sell their product cheap, not mine or yours.

It's my opinion they are doing this arse backwards. #1 regulate those that are skimming us. #2 raise the cost of their signal. #3 reduce the take out some and offer more to the betting public in terms of service and quality racing.

My second question is the obvious one. What do you think?

T.D.