PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's for breakfast

DrugSalvastore
09-20-2005, 05:31 PM
The McGriddle is utterly nasty. I don't feel it at all---maple syrup and bread don't mix I guess.

The McMuffins are good---but I'm not into the hockey puck shaped eggs.

Breakfest Burritos are solid.

The sasuge biscuit with egg is yummy---to make it even more tasty put the hash brown in the sandwich. But, from a health standpoint, if you have too many of them you'll get fat and lose muscle tone in a hurry.

The Breakfast bagel sandwhich is good---too much bread though, any maybe a bit too filling. I'll only go with that order if I've smoked a lot of weed and I'm really hungry.

I typically go with pancakes and sausge and a small powerade.

Anyone have any thoughts??

Tom
09-20-2005, 06:52 PM
The Burger King Crossainwhich with sausage is the best by far. The cinny minis are better than anything Dunkin Donuts has.

The Mikey D burritos are first class with hot sauce, and I agree - the McGriddle is som ekind of communist plot.

You must watch Super Size Me before you eat there, though. :eek:

Krispy Kremes, althouhg not really a breakfast food, are best consumed hot and in mass quantities. With a nice columbian on.

lsbets
09-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Sonic - best fast food breakfasts by far.

Tom
09-20-2005, 07:11 PM
No Sonics around, here, unfortunately.
We do have Ponderosa - they have an all-you-can-keep-down breakfast buffet.:eek:

schweitz
09-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Only in a few states---Whataburger----sausage and egg taquitos.

lsbets
09-20-2005, 07:47 PM
The what-a-burger with cheese is awesome, and so is the what-a-chicken.

But, that's not breakfast, unless its on the way home at 4 am from the bar.

Pace Cap'n
09-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Krispy Kremes, althouhg not really a breakfast food, are best consumed hot and in mass quantities. With a nice columbian on.

Not to mention a good Mexican or some Panama Red. :cool:

Zaf
09-20-2005, 09:28 PM
I prefer Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons (Famous Donut chain here in Canada).

ZAFONIC

DrugSalvastore
09-21-2005, 02:08 AM
Sonic - best fast food breakfasts by far.

I hear nothing but great things about Sonic---but we have none in my area, and I've never even seen one in the times I've traveled.

OTM Al
09-21-2005, 09:06 AM
McDonald's breakfast is the only food the serve that I can stomach, though I wouldn't touch those god awful looking McGriddles things. I am still however convinced that there is no meat in their hamburgers, only congealed grease.

Bobby
09-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Super SONIC Bacon Cheeseburger RULES THIS WORLD.

Valuist
09-21-2005, 09:43 AM
I don't know how you guys can stomach all that greasy crap in the morning. The McD pancakes aren't bad. The thought of McMuffins or any egg related fast food is enough to make me feel sick.

Buddy Love
09-21-2005, 10:09 AM
You must watch Super Size Me before you eat there, though. :eek:

I agree about the 'Super Size Me' movie. I haven't had a Mickey D's since I watched it. After you find some McDonald's french fries in your car, that are a couple of years old, then the movie makes sense. ;) But I think he should have kept the McDonalds and got rid of his veggie eating, soy drinking girl friend.

Sonic does make a great hamburger but I agree that What-A-Burger hamburgers rule. Lucky people in the Southwest. Also, a great hamburger in the New Mexico area is Blake's Lot-A-Burger. Throw some green chiles on it and you will definitely be set free.

I live in the Krispy Kreme corporate capital. Southern Maid hot donuts around the Shreveport area are great.

A natural morning laxative - Krispy Kremes and coffee. There's nothing like starting the day off with an oil slick in your mouth.

;)

Tom
09-21-2005, 11:09 PM
I prefer Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons (Famous Donut chain here in Canada).

ZAFONIC

They just buuilt one at the end of my street! And another by the lake, and another in nearby Victor.
I LOVE those chocolate chip muffins.

cryptic1
09-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Yes Tim Horton's donuts(and coffee) is invading the U.S. They have
bridgeheads in New York and Michigan. They have recently bought a
mid Atlantic donut chain which will be reconstituted under the Tim's banner.
This chain is the only division of Wendy's that is making money(hand over
fist). They destroyed Krispy Kreme at home and now they're on the road,
looking to put the hammer down on that sugary, greasy, yeast ball called
a donut. Watch out, we're coming.

cryptic1

Zaf
09-22-2005, 09:36 PM
The Krispy Kreme by my house went out of business. I do not think it lasted more than a year. I noticed a Tim Horton's in Buffalo last time I was there as well as in Connecticut.

ZAFONIC

JustRalph
09-22-2005, 10:28 PM
I thought Wendy's bought Tim Horton's? a while back? They are all over Ohio........and they are sometimes built into a location that already has a Wendy's..........

cryptic1
09-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Yes, Wendy's bought Tim's 4 or 5 years ago I believe. Presently, Wendy's
is thinking of spinning some or all of Tim's off as a separate entity because
of its strong balance sheet. Forget hockey, Tim's is Canada.

cryptic1

Tom
09-22-2005, 11:04 PM
All of our new Tim's are with Wendy's.

You know what I like about Wendy's.....the meat is recognizable as beef. Bad beef, but beef. Mikey D and Burger King would be hard pressed in court to prove
they are beef. But I still luv them Big Mac's ( you want angioplasty with that?)

I hear MacDonals is market testing a new breakfast item: mistake and eggs!:eek:

Zaf
09-22-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm hooked on those 12 grain bagels at Tim's along with an Extra Large Coffee !!

ZAFONIC

Tom
09-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Hmmmm.

12 grain bagel and a long road trip.

I'll pass. :eek:

Zaf
09-22-2005, 11:32 PM
It keeps you running !

ZAFONIC

DrugSalvastore
09-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Tim Horton's are popping up all over the city. We had none of them 18 months ago, now we have three in our city.

There is one right next to my place.

I love the choclate donut holes they have, they are like 13 cents a piece, I get four of those and bring them home and dunk them into a big glass of milk. Pretty nifty snack.

I love donuts, but they are so bad for you, once I get married and don't need to be fit anymore, I will be feasting on them every morning.

Krispy Kreme had a stock that was SOARING about six years ago when they went public--my dad had it when it went public---I think the KK stock has gone into the toilet now. The low-carb craze must have hurt the company--I like KK, but do you really have to glaze up everything?