PDA

View Full Version : Forget about Discreet Cat

the little guy
09-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Godolphin bought him and is sending him to Dubai for the winter.

How many times do we have to see this charade play out?

cj
09-19-2005, 10:00 PM
He'll show up in an allowance race about 2 years from now at Belmont?

DrugSalvastore
09-19-2005, 10:04 PM
He'll show up in an allowance race about 2 years from now at Belmont?

They had one named Rosberg who looked JUST AWESOME in a 2yo MSW win at Santa Anita. They took him to Dubai---and that was all for him.

the little guy
09-19-2005, 10:16 PM
He'll show up in an allowance race about 2 years from now at Belmont?I already made that joke on another board.

It's so easy that it's pathetic.

KirisClown
09-19-2005, 10:56 PM
The list of good horses they've ruined is endless....

Im sure Dubai will do wonders for this horse... look what it did for Balletto..

KirisClown
09-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Hopefully they dont get their hands on Dr. Pleasure....

Valuist
09-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Here's Dubai option 2: lay the horse off, bring it back for one prep in an unlisted stakes on grass in France next spring, then train it up to the Derby and watch it run 11th. I believe the word is "curuled",

the little guy
09-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Hopefully they dont get their hands on Dr. Pleasure....Jack Oxley doesn't need their money and is, luckily for racing fans, in the game to enjoy himself. And, there is no way he would sell a homebred from Beautiful Pleasure.

I'm guessing they've already been turned down.

OTM Al
09-20-2005, 12:37 PM
I know this one looked great, and hey, I won money on him too, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape about a 2yo who's won exactly 1 race no matter how good it looked....Look at the filly India....boy that was some great second out. I agree that the Dubai management of horses up to the derby simply hasn't worked, but frankly, I have little faith in 2yos this early in their careers. I won't start looking for "THE" 3yo of next year til about November. The guys in Dubai want to throw their money around like that, its their business, though I sure wish they would throw some my way :)