PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Software

PMR
09-19-2005, 06:35 PM
This is my first post. Has anybody tried the Diamond software sold by Bob Pandofolo? The price is reasonable, and has 3 options to get ratings. Best overall, best of last 3 races, and last two races. He also offers insight on how to use the ratings. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
09-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Doesn't sound like you need any help....you already using it?

NoDayJob
09-19-2005, 09:01 PM
This is my first post. Has anybody tried the Diamond software sold by Bob Pandofolo? The price is reasonable, and has 3 options to get ratings. Best overall, best of last 3 races, and last two races. He also offers insight on how to use the ratings. Any help would be appreciated.

Doesn't "Pandy" offer help to his clients? Boy, if he just takes your money and leaves you to your own devises, that's pretty lame. Not too familiar with his software, however.

NDJ [AKA Troll #1]

timtam
09-19-2005, 09:57 PM
I think Pandy's a member of this board

He comes from my neck of the woods the Lehigh Valley Pa

seems like an honest seller no complaints here

Rook
09-19-2005, 11:30 PM
I was initially extremely suspicious of PMR's motives but now that I see that his reputation icon has him on a distinguished road rather than as a mere unknown, I no longer have any doubts as to his integrity. By his 3rd post, I'm sure he will reach the "be famous soon enough" rank and by his 5th he will "have a spectacular aura".

Quality posters like PMR are what attract me to this board. I eagerly await being enlightened by his future contributions.

kingfin66
09-19-2005, 11:53 PM
This all assumes, of course, that he doesn't express any liberal views in the offtopic section :D

laff
09-20-2005, 12:18 AM
lmao

dav4463
09-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Why so mean ? Everybody has have a first post. He only wants to know if anybody else has had success with the software he's using. Maybe, it helps with his confidence in the software. Maybe, others would know perhaps the most profitable way to use the software.

Rook
09-20-2005, 12:47 AM
David wrote:

"He only wants to know if anybody else has had success with the software he's using"

You think that is his motive but I think his motive is advertising the product in a phony way. He included phrases like "price is reasonable" and "offers insight" and his reputation was instantly elevated. Do you think that his 2 line post was so great that a flurry of people gave him a positive response to get him out of "reputation unknown"? If so, I'd like to sell you something too.

Every month PA gets several of these bogus first time posters promoting obscure software or websites. Advertising is tedious enough, but when it insults intelligence, it crosses over the line into aggravating territory.

midnight
09-20-2005, 03:36 AM
Another "This is my first post" complete with commercial for Diamond Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4111)

timtam
09-20-2005, 05:14 AM
Suddenly alot of attention to Diamond software

:confused:

dav4463
09-20-2005, 05:24 AM
I guess I can see that. There is a chance though that he is just asking....maybe ? or am I too gullible ?!!!

mikeb
09-20-2005, 10:25 AM
If it is such a must have product,then why is there a DISCOUNT if you purchase
both flats and trots.
Buyer beware of DISCOUNTED SOFTWARE. :ThmbDown:

hwnn

andicap
09-20-2005, 12:20 PM
OK,
I'll step in.

I have no idea if PMR is "Pandy" in disguise or not but I do know he answers all his email and has a yahoo board of his own where he and other Diamond users help people out.
(It's a harness board, not a Diamond board, but there are Diamond software posts. The problem is the search feature is terrible and you have to spend about a day finding the posts about the software since there are no categories, just thousands and thousands of posts on all kinds of crap. Better to just post a query there and get answers from the people who use it.)
For the price, it's a good deal, but it's not a black box. You have to see what's working at your track. There are a bunch of ratings for the harness program (i don't have the t-bred one) and you have to see what's working. Mile tracks play differently than half-milers and 5/8 tracks, etc.

When I use it, I like to look at 2 or 3 lines, and look for overlays and horses who seem sharp in the PPs. Yes, you have to do a bit of common sense handicapping. The ratings dont stand on themselves. You have to judge whether the horse was just "sucked along" to a good rating or made some moves in the race. Does he seem in shape? How is his post position today? Drivers are crucial in harness racing as well. (Some believe).

There are also pace considerations to look at. If there are a lot of "leavers" you would want to look at the horses with the best closing figures.
I will say the software is a bit clunky to use especially in 2005, so that is a downside, but if you're looking for a good harness aid I think it's a worthwhile purchase at $99. The figures are good ones although you have to be careful on some shippers - par times are tricky and might be off at a few tracks. His board has had some good discussions on this subject.

I would also strongly advise uses to go to ustrotting.com and check out the archive of Pandy's harness racing columns under the "Handicapping" link. They are very informative.

How come I don't use it more often? Time, mostly. I barely have enough to play the t-breds, plus Diamond takes the $1.50 TM files so I cant just download on a whim. To get the best out of Diamond you should monitor the results and see which of its ratings are doing well. If you can do that it will prove rewarding I believe.

NoDayJob
09-20-2005, 02:23 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NDJ [AKA Troll #1]

xippy
09-20-2005, 04:54 PM
I am so sick of assholes like you (with a whopping 31 posts!) putting new posters down. I am familiar with Pandy's stuff (but his style is not for me) He is a member of the forum and has no need to advertise in a backhanded way.

It's people like you who need the comfort of "belonging" to a group that make the forums so tedious at times.

You would not have the balls to speak to me the way you do to new posters if you met me in person.

get a fucking life.

By the way if you feel I am hiding behind my post, come see me at 1145 East Kentucky st. Louisville KY I would be happy to speak with you in person.

Good fucking riddance

Zaf
09-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks Andy for the useful and honest appraisal of the program.

ZAFONIC

JimG
09-20-2005, 05:52 PM
By the way if you feel I am hiding behind my post, come see me at 1145 East Kentucky st. Louisville KY I would be happy to speak with you in person.

Good fucking riddance

Wow, 5 cemetaries within a mile of your house. I sure ain't messing with you.

Rook
09-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Xippy,

Talk to your buddy PMR about how to instantly elevate a reputation icon. Yours could use a boost.

Rook
09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Xippy,

I just did a google search on your address. I'm sure you are too shy about advertising, so I'll give you some free publicity:

The Natural Kitchen
Kevin Snow
1145 East Kentucky St. louisville Kentucky 40204
502 587 9605
The Natural Kitchen offers nutritional coaching, health analysis, home and kitchen detoxification, and even personal shopping! Life is complicated enough - healthy living shouldn't have to be!
http://www.thenaturalkitchen.com

From your website I got this quote:

"Today we know that proper diet, excercise, and relaxation techniques can prevent and often reverse Heart Disease, Type II Diabetes, Hypertension, and even Cancer. The good news is that it's never too late to get started!"

After reading your profanity laced posting I can see why people would view you as a relaxation guru. You and Richard Simmons have a lot in common.

Tom
09-20-2005, 07:17 PM

Good fucking riddance

Bye-bye. :rolleyes:

kingfin66
09-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Xippy, From your website I got this quote:

"Today we know that proper diet, excercise, and relaxation techniques can prevent and often reverse Heart Disease, Type II Diabetes, Hypertension, and even Cancer. The good news is that it's never too late to get started!"

After reading your profanity laced posting I can see why people would view you as a relaxation guru. You and Richard Simmons have a lot in common.

Irony.

midnight
09-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Only thing worse than a one-poster who runs an ad is a six-poster who's used four of the posts to bitch at people and who calls people out while giving a phony address. Nice to be anonymous eh?

NoDayJob
09-20-2005, 10:01 PM
I am so sick of assholes like you (with a whopping 31 posts!) putting new posters down. I am familiar with Pandy's stuff (but his style is not for me) He is a member of the forum and has no need to advertise in a backhanded way.

It's people like you who need the comfort of "belonging" to a group that make the forums so tedious at times.

You would not have the balls to speak to me the way you do to new posters if you met me in person.

get a fucking life.

Good fucking riddance

:lol: Sorry, I didn't have time to use my Captain Midnight/Little Orphan Annie Code ring to bleep the profanity. FYI, anyone can send me an e-mail and I'll gladly give my real address and will, as you put it, "be happy to speak to you in person". I'm not sure what that would accomplish, however. :lol:

NDJ [AKA Troll #1]

midnight
09-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I wonder if xippy read the disclaimer when he/she registered: especially the part about the minimum age requirement.