PDA

View Full Version : Have you Heard the Latest on Mayor Tweedelee Dee?

boxcar
09-19-2005, 04:12 PM
It's all over the radio airwaves.

The mayor, evidently, just overflowing with ingratitude for all that FEMA has done in recent weeks, and for the great leadership skills of Vice Adm. Allen copped a belligerent attitude by complaining that this fine officer must be the "newly crowned federal mayor of NO" -- no doubt due to the Admiral's justifiable opposition to Tweedelee's plan to repopulate the city so soon. Tweedelee Dee resents the Vice Adm.'s intereference. Unreal! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You just can't win with a liberal!

What next from this ignoramus!? :confused:

Boxcar

Secretariat
09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
It's all over the radio airwaves.

The mayor, evidently, just overflowing with ingratitude for all that FEMA has done in recent weeks, and for the great leadership skills of Vice Adm. Allen copped a belligerent attitude by complaining that this fine officer must be the "newly crowned federal mayor of NO" -- no doubt due to the Admiral's justifiable opposition to Tweedelee's plan to repopulate the city so soon. Tweedelee Dee resents the Vice Adm.'s intereference. Unreal! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You just can't win with a liberal!

What next from this ignoramus!? :confused:

Boxcar

Box,

You've spent so much time denigrating Nagin, calling him a liberal, that you may be unaware Nagin was a lifelong Republican before switching parties in 2002 to run for Mayor. In fact Nagin donated to Bush's election in 2000.

Before you continue to call him your "f" word - "liberal", maybe you better read up on this former conservative.

http://www.mdcbowen.org/cobb/archives/004594.html

Myth #1 - Ray Nagin is a typical liberal black Democrat, and that his 'failure' stems from fundamental ideological problems.

"Junkyard Blog says:

"If we let Ray Nagin, Jesse Jackson, RFK Jr and the rest of the leftist mob define Katrina and tell us what went wrong, the coming big bang will be dangerous. These are dangerous people. They taste the air and sense blood. They feed on misery. They must be answered, they must be pushed back, or they will win."

First thing's first. Who is Ray Nagin? Well if you listened to Hannity or Limbaugh today and yesterday you would have heard him lumped in with the 'Democrats' and/or 'black leaders'. This is just appalling to me because the first thing I noticed about the guy was that he is not a career politician. He was a business executive at Cox Communications and a Republican in his life before becoming mayor of New Orleans. This seems to have escaped everyone's notice but mine in the tirades against him.

Furthermore as a Democrat, he campaigned for a Republican candidate for Governor, Bobby Jindal, whom I like for the some of the same reasons I like Nagin. The new professional face of the Republican Party these two could be, if people would stop and think for a minute. "

"Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job"

"I as president am responsible for the problem, and for the solution."

boxcar
09-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Secretariat wrote:

Box,

You've spent so much time denigrating Nagin, calling him a liberal, that you may be unaware Nagin was a lifelong Republican before switching parties in 2002 to run for Mayor. In fact [B]Nagin donated to Bush's election in 2000.

Yeah...at least as much as you have with Bush. But the dif between my constructive, proven criticisms is that they're all justified. This yo-yo hasn't done anything right! Even to this day!

You're the one who is unaware that I know fully what Nagin's former party affilation was. In fact, sir, I posted on this foum many days ago that a more polticially-informed buddy of mine told me that there was bad blood between Nagin and BlancLook because the latter supported Kerry and the former supported Bush in the last election. I posted that, sir!

And what's your utterly simplistic and unbelievably naive point?. That there aren't any liberal Repubs out there? Don't you know what a RINO is?

Before you continue to call him your "f" word - "liberal", maybe you better read up on this former conservative.

Conservative? And if he was, that doesn't make him one now, does it?

But why do you project your obsceneties onto me? Personally, I attribute such aberrant psychological behavior to your disgust with Liberalism deep within your own subsconscious.

And another thing: If Nagin were a conservative Repub right now, and he had made all the idiotic blunders that he has, I'd still be on his case like white on rice. Unlike you, sir, I don't operate under any illusions that all DemRats are saints and all Repubs are demons. Those kind of illusions are reserved for the simple-minded.

Myth #1 - Ray Nagin is a typical liberal black Democrat, and that his 'failure' stems from fundamental ideological problems.

"Myth", you say? He is a DemRat. He is black. And he is a Liberal. (Please don't pull a Slick Willy on me and ask me what's meant by "is".) :rolleyes:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Box,

You've spent so much time denigrating Nagin, calling him a liberal, that you may be unaware Nagin was a lifelong Republican before switching parties in 2002 to run for Mayor. In fact Nagin donated to Bush's election in 2000.

I don't care what party he's in now, or what party he was in before. All I know is he did one hell of a shitty job for his constituency during a time of crisis, a time he was supposed to STEP UP and lead (this is what he was hired for). That's all I care about.

Secretariat
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
And what's your utterly simplistic and unbelievably naive point?. That there aren't any liberal Repubs out there? Don't you know what a RINO is?

A Republican Liberal. Now THAT's an oxymoron!

Box, there is no such animal.

lsbets
09-19-2005, 08:48 PM

Michael Bloomberg

Tom
09-19-2005, 08:53 PM
George Pataki.

Tom
09-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Sec,

Did it ever occurr to you that some things are just not political? Doubtful.
Mayor SFB is a bi-partisan flaming retard. There.Is that better?

Secretariat
09-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Neither Pataki or Bloomberg are remotely liberal. They're just centrists from blue states.

Liberal and Repub remain an oxymoron...

Secretariat
09-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Sec,

Mayor SFB is a bi-partisan flaming retard. There.Is that better?

Tom, at least you answer honestly. None of box's crap.

Tom
09-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Neither Pataki or Bloomberg are remotely liberal. They're just centrists from blue states.

Liberal and Repub remain an oxymoron...

We agree partly here - I think Pataki is a flaming moron! :D

JustRalph
09-19-2005, 10:41 PM

You never heard of the esteemed Senator from Arizona?

You will get to know him much better in 08, that Jerk Wad is going to be running against Hillary..................if he has any say about it...........

lsbets
09-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Ralph, McCain is no liberal. He has a solid conservative record. What he has done is set is try to cast himself as a very independant guy for the center public to admire (he's a party loyalist too when you look at his record). He would have a great chance if he were to make it out of the primaries, but I'm not sure he would make it out of the primaries.

boxcar
09-19-2005, 10:54 PM

When you make statements like this, you do more damage to what little credibility you may have, and manifest your incredible naivette to everyone.

And allow me to add to the list others have started: Rudy Giuliana, Arlen Spector, Orrin Hatch, John McCain, Colin Powell and Lincoln Chaffee for starters.

And spare me, please, from labeling these guys "centrists", most especially since the vast majority of liberal DemRats consider themselves to be such!

Boxcar

lsbets
09-19-2005, 11:03 PM
When you make statements like this, you do more damage to what little credibility you may have, and manifest your incredible naivette to everyone.

And allow me to add to the list others have started: Rudy Giuliana, Arlen Spector, Orrin Hatch, John McCain, Colin Powell and Lincoln Chaffee for starters.

And spare me, please, from labeling these guys "centrists", most especially since the vast majority of liberal DemRats consider themselves to be such!

Boxcar

Boxcar, let's go over your list, because I'm not sure you're on the mark on many of them:

Rudy Giuliani - on social issues (gay rights and abortion) definatly a liberal. But on fighting crime the guy is hardcore conservative, and he cut taxes in NY substabtially as mayor. Not quite liberal.

Arlen Specter - I don't know enough about him to say for sure. I know he's pro-choice, but he's voted for every conservative court nominee before him, so I wouldn't quite label him a liberal.

Orrin Hatch - you're kidding, right? This guy is as conservative as they come.

John McCain - not liberal by any stretch of the imagination. He might grandstand to get publicity to fuel a Presidential bid in 08, but what do you expect from a politician? If he were the Pres, I have a feeling you would sing his praises like you sing Bush's.

Colin Powell - I don't thing anyone knows enough about what he believes to say either way. We know he supports abortion rights and affirmative action, but he also served both Bush's loyally and resigned because he did not want to serve Clinton. Probably not liberal.

Linocoln Chaffee - you got that one right, he's a Rockefeller Republican, very liberal in the party.

chickenhead
09-19-2005, 11:43 PM
I think Boxcar is of the old "One-Drop" way of thinking.

boxcar
09-20-2005, 12:02 AM
LS:

Just because I brand some Repub as a "liberal" doesn't necessarily mean that his or her stand on every public policy or social issue toes the standard liberal ideology line. Most things, after all, are relative. What I mean, however, is that those people (specifically the ones I mentioned) are too liberal for my taste and many other conservatives' for that matter -- so much so that I don't consider those I singled out to be true conservatives. In fact, I have little regard even for the "centrists" so called, which I call fence straddlers.

I have even stated on this forum on several occassions that both Bushes had wide liberal stripes running down their backs. I don't consider either of these two to be "true" conservaties -- even though they both hold to some conservative principles. In fact, before the last election, I stated that I would cast my vote not so much "for" Bush as it would be a vote against Kerry.

I believe the last true conservative to occupy the WH was Regan. After him, it's been all down hill -- in terms of true conservative ideology finding its way to the presidency.

Now...if the country has the misfortune of having to choose between a McCain and some liberal Democrat in the next election, I would be very hard pressed to pick myself up and go vote; and I believe a signficant portion of the conservative Republican base would also.

Boxcar

lsbets
09-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Boxcar,

I can make you one guarantee. Since I don't know you, I won't try to say what you will do if this happens. But, if McCain gets the nomination in 08, you will suddenly hear Rush singing his praises like crazy. It won't be a "He's running against Hillary so we have to vote for him to stop her." He'll be saying how great McCain is. If he gets the nod, I have no doubt that will be the case.

With that being said, I don't think McCain will get the nomination. He has made himself very palatable to the center in America but has alienated a lot of the base that he would need to turn out for him in the primaries. He could overcome it with a typical move the right for New Hampshire and Iowa, and then gradually move to the center again as the convention gets closer, but I think he might have hurt himself too much already.

Who gets the nomination? Dunno. George Allen is the other likely choice right now, and I'm not quite sure why. I don't know a lot about the guy. It won't be Frist, it won't be Jeb (but he might run one day, and he has always been the brother with the much stronger conservative credentials). I think Haley Barbour has probably raised his stock since Katrina hit, and he has one hell of a fundraising network from his days as party chairman, so he would be my off the radar, dark horse play for the nomination right now. I also wouldn't mind seeing Fred Thompson throw his hat in the ring.

boxcar
09-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Boxcar,

I can make you one guarantee. Since I don't know you, I won't try to say what you will do if this happens. But, if McCain gets the nomination in 08, you will suddenly hear Rush singing his praises like crazy. It won't be a "He's running against Hillary so we have to vote for him to stop her." He'll be saying how great McCain is. If he gets the nod, I have no doubt that will be the case.

It might come as a shock to you (not to mention several others here) that nothing turns me off more quickly than anyone assuming the role of an apologist for any president of any party. On second thought, however, it shouldn't come too much of a surprise to a fellow like yourself because I have voiced my cynicism of politicians, generally, quite often on this forum -- something that you will very rarely hear Rush do when a Repub occupies the WH.

What makes a Rush Limbaugh and myself differ in some significant ways is that my cynicism is rooted in my Christian world view, generally, but of Man, specifically; whereas Rush's conservatism is pretty secular in nature.

I'm curious though, as to why you brought Limbaugh into this conversation. Did you really think that I'm a "dittohead"? Or do you think all conservatives are automatically dittoheads?

Boxcar

schweitz
09-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Mayor orders evacuation.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/20/D8CO18L0A.html

This statement caught my eye:
"Brig. Gen. Robert Crear said the Corps hopes to have the levees back to being capable of handling a Catogory 3 storm by June". Thats reassuring---still have not heard about any plan to take the levees past Cat 3 status.

boxcar
09-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Hurricane Katrina has turned Mayor Tweedelee into a role model of sorts -- that is to say, a model of how not to lead. The reason I say this is that the mayor of Galveston, TX is already telling people to get out of Dodge, pack one suitcase to take with them, take 3 month's supply of meds for those who are on RX drugs, and last but not least -- she's going to have school buses on the ready! (It appears this is one mayor who doesn't have a tough time getting city employees to work on "sunny days".)

Just goes to show that some good leadership can come out of bad examples.

Boxcar

lsbets
09-20-2005, 05:10 PM
We agree on this box. Galvaston just ordered a mandatory evacuation. At this point with Katrina, about 3 days before projected landfall, computer models said what they are saying now for Galveston - the storm has a good chance of making a major impact in your area. NO waied until the models were more certain before ordering a mandatory evac, and it was too late. Galveston has been pro-active and ordered the evacuation now. I have no clue what party the mayor of Galveston belongs to, nor do I care. What I care about is that in the face of a potential crisis, mayor whoever it is in Galveston decided to be proactive and the mayor's actions will save lives if the storm does indeed hit them there. Both NO and Galveston are particularly vulnerable to hurricanes. One city seems to take them seriously, the other one, sadly did not.

Tom
09-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Well, I 'm rooting for Rita to hit NO again. If it is going to hit somewhere, it might as well hit where it won't do much damage. Maybe a second hit will make people realize the utter stupidity of even think about rebuilding that s****hole. Before they was a few buillion dollars, too. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: