PDA

View Full Version : The 2yos - Who is Missing?

Princequillo
09-19-2005, 01:33 PM
After the weekend, I think we saw next year's big name: Sorceror's Stone, a son of Gulch, pulverized a good field to win the G3 Arlington-Washington Futurity at one mile (stakes record). Forget the G3. He came home in 24 seconds flat. He is undefeated in three starts, and he broke his maiden with a win over Private Vow, who coasted in the Futurity.

As of now, I would rank them thus:

1. Sorceror's Stone - probable BC Juvie fav
2. Dr. Pleasure - not tested but loaded
3. First Samurai - Hopeful score against weaker
4. Private Vow - impressive Futurity
5. Stevie Wonderboy - the hope of the Coast, may rank higher
6. In Summation - does not figure with top ones
7. Henny Hughes - huge disappointment in Hopeful

Wanted: three more to fill out top ten, or name your own.

KirisClown
09-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Discreet Cat

Suff
09-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Wanted: three more to fill out top ten, or name your own.

I'll give you one that Caught my eye this weekend.

High Cotton. Broke his Maiden Saturday in the 5th at Belmont.

Out Of Dixie Union -Happy Tune (AP Indy).

Todd Pletcher Trainer.

Princequillo
09-20-2005, 12:03 AM
I'll give you one that Caught my eye this weekend.

High Cotton. Broke his Maiden Saturday in the 5th at Belmont.

Out Of Dixie Union -Happy Tune (AP Indy).

Todd Pletcher Trainer.

A.P. Indy as the damsire is good for the Dixie Unions - they need a little stamina boost.

Suff
09-20-2005, 12:37 AM
A.P. Indy as the damsire is good for the Dixie Unions - they need a little stamina boost.

I'm a breeding Novice. I just took a stronger interest in it about 3 or 4 years ago.

I see Northern Dancer to Dixieland Band to Dixie Union and right or wrongly I assume that being thrice removed from ND that the distance is there....

Tell me how wrong I am or close to right I am?

The dam happy Tunes is a 1/2 to Grade winner Storm Strung as well.

Also, Well bred by Farish & Phipps. He did'nt cost much 110K, But he's owned by one of the top syndicate outfits. Peach tree Stables.

They sent Coin Silver to the Derby in 05 and Invisble Ink in 01. So I figure, rightly or wrongly , that they have designs on this one.

I go by my eyes. He races like a beast at 5.5 and 6 furlongs. If he can route he will be a handful.

I'm anxious to see what figures people give him for beating a very good field Saturday. From the 10 hole, beat up all the way around, 4 more after him deep stretch.. he just would'nt let it go. If you look at the charts, you'll see that just about every colt in the race got a piece of him.

I need a replacement for Chekov so High Cotton it is!

OTM Al
09-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Superfly may be one you want to add

Valuist
09-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Sorcerer's Stone was pretty impressive. I gave him a 92 (my figs use the same scale as Beyer) although the early pace was slower than the Lassie. Still final quarter in :24 and a stakes record. Not bad considering horses like Spend a Buck and Bet Twice have won the Futurity.

songofthesword
10-06-2005, 09:31 AM
He's got Grit beat Dr Pleasure last Saturday or Sunday at Belmont.. pretty good horse.

I love First Sammeri, but I think he might just be a little bit more developed "i.e bigger" then alot of the hroses his age and won't be as good as a 3 year old..I hope I am wrong

Hosshead
10-06-2005, 07:02 PM
What happened to Frisco Star ?