PDA

View Full Version : BEL SUN

SAL
09-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Picks for Belmont Sunday:

R1 #2 Delta Sea-Paid immediate dividends for new barn with an nice win in last. Barn pops with price runners when laid up. And I like the fact that Prado takes the mount.

R2 #2 Whateverwillbwillb-Here’s the completion of the Prado double. Trainer is best with turf runners, including first time turf runners. Breedingwise she’s ok for turf, not so great for FTS.

R3 #2 Flower Flag-Hard to go against her. Battled on an honest clip in last, just to get nipped by runner that got a perfect trip. Has yet to run a bad one for this barn. And yes, Prado rides again.

R4 #6 War Storm-This might be the only horse this guy trains. He ran decent in his only two starts in MSW company. Gets blinkers and drops today. Layoff not much of a concern since this same trainer trained him up for his debut.

R5 #7 Lasting Appeal-Bred to be a runner (as usual for Pletcher) so he’s the pick here.

R6 #1 Impeachthepro-The two that will get bet here are the ones that I am suspicious of. Lake’s runner takes a plunge off a claim, never a good sign. Levine’s runner fails twice at low odds at MTH. Yes, Dutrow’s runner is dropping also, but his drop seems more sensible to me. Sorry, can’t explain it. And look, the last jock to win with him, Prado, rerturns today.

R7 #6 Gaff-Returns stateside after a failed run on the turf overseas. He is probably better suited for the dirt, and he shows an eyecatching drill on this surface a few days ago.

R8 #8 Megascape-I don’t believe Bailey’s runner can match this one early, so he may be able to establish a clear lead here. He’s always tough when he’s able to do just that.

R9 #6 Certifiably Crazy-Ran pretty well when he couldn’t get the lead last time in a speed laden field. Has only one confirmed frontrunner to contend with here so he should get a good trip.

R10 Dynergy-Takes another stab at routing. Didn’t run that badly in his last try, running evenly. Hopefully he can move forward from that effort.