PDA

View Full Version : BEL SAT

SAL
09-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Picks for Belmont Saturday:

R1 #14 Boundary Bay-His last race on a Belmont off track he romped. He’s more than likely going to be on the lead here and I think he’ll go gate to wire.

R2 #5 Five Second Fuse-Added the shades and showed much improved early speed in his last. Ran behind an odds on Chili Cat and next out winner Quail Run. Off track should move him up a bit to contend here.

R3 #4 Golden Rainbow-Found graded stakes company a little too tough in his last race. Chased a pretty strong pace in that one before wilting. The pace should be more manageable today.

R4 #11 Ron Greschner-Two of his three lifetime victories come on off dirt surfaces. I think the pace will be honest enough here to set up his late run.

R5 #3 Noonmark-Trainer/jock do very well together with FTS. I have to think this one is a runner.

More to come…….

SAL
09-17-2005, 01:44 PM
R6 #10 Miss Lakefield-Will be big odds here. She ran a competitive fig in her debut last year for a different barn. Had trouble in her two starts this year, so I can excuse her poor lines. New trainer/jock will help the price.

R7 #3 Lilah-Returns to Jerkens after a failed stint in the Levine barn. Sizzled in the am a couple of days ago. Looking for better here.

R8 Pass. Pletcher runner looks tough

R9 #5 Private Vow-Proven at this distance with his win over an odds on runner in last. I’m pretty sure he’ll be well supported here though.

R10 #6 Busters Rodeo-Obscure barn will help the price here. He set a solid pace in his debut and doesn’t face much early contention here. Gets a positive jock switch too.