PDA

View Full Version : Synergism 2 Manual

shoelessjoe
09-17-2005, 09:33 AM
This is another old Sartin item I was interested in as well if anyone has it.I have already checked on the Sartin site with no luck. Shoelessjoe

midnight
09-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I remember Synergism II. It came out in the fall of 1988 at the seminar in Las Vegas (at the Aladdin?). I bought a copy of it from Dick Schmidt, along with a Sharp 1320 (?) pocket computer that ran it (and ran it slowly, it took a long time for it to run through all the calculations for a race. On a PC it took about a second). I think it was about $500 for both. It was completely different from Synergism I, which was Bob Purdy's effort. The thing I remember best about it is that it didn't produce good results. Others may have done better with it.

JoeLong
09-21-2005, 08:17 PM
I remember this program, it was billed as the ultimate Phase III program. It was one the first of the automatic adjustment programs, Pre-Energy, and one of the biggest dogs ever written. I knew no one who made a dime with it as it was very contender/pace-line sensitive. If you didn't set up the early energy correctly by choosing the correct horse/pace-line it was clueless in its picks. If you would like a copy of this POS please email me and I''ll send it to you.

JoeLong.

LARRY GEORGE
09-21-2005, 09:31 PM
CHECK WITH DICK SCHIMDT YOU CAN LOCATE ON MEMBERS ALSO
BOB PURDY HAS WEB SITE SOMEWHERE LISTED UNDER SYNERGISIM :confused:

Dick Schmidt
09-21-2005, 11:38 PM
I may have delivered the program, but it was written by Bob Purdy, as were all the Synergism programs. It did indeed run terribly slowly on a Sharp handheld and was at least partly crippled by cramming it into that tiny little machine. The PC version was better, though Synergism III, that followed soon after was a much better effort. I doubt that Bob still has any materials from a program that old, one that has been supplanted 4 times, but you can always ask him. You can contact him thru his website:

www.synergism-sdp.com (http://www.synergism-sdp.com)

Dick

If the shoe fits, buy the other one, too.

shoelessjoe
09-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Dick,I would buy both shoes from Shoeless Joe Jackson if I could afford to.