PDA

View Full Version : and some folks think alcoholism isn't genetic

46zilzal
09-16-2005, 10:55 PM
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- The youngest son of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was arrested early Friday and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest, law enforcement officials said.

John Ellis Bush, 21, was arrested by agents of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission at 2:30 a.m. on a corner of Austin's Sixth Street bar district, said commission spokesman Roger Wade.

lsbets
09-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Do you have any clue how many college aged kids get arrested for public intoxication on 6th St? Or how many more get falling down drunk? Its one of the biggest party streets in the world. I had many a night when I was a lieutenant stationed at Ft. Hood that either I had to be carried out to the car or I had to carry one of my buddies out to the car on 6th St so we could make it back to Killeen in time to be semi sober for PT at 0630. Getting drunk and arrested at 21 hardly makes one an alcoholic.

Suff
09-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Do you have any clue how many college aged kids get arrested for public intoxication on 6th St? Or how many more get falling down drunk? Its one of the biggest party streets in the world. I had many a night when I was a lieutenant stationed at Ft. Hood that either I had to be carried out to the car or I had to carry one of my buddies out to the car on 6th St so we could make it back to Killeen in time to be semi sober for PT at 0630. Getting drunk and arrested at 21 hardly makes one an alcoholic.

I have a bit of the bug myself so I'm only making commentary...not judging.

But his Daughter was arrested last year for passing phony prescriptions for Xanax.

So............keep an open mind. He got lugged for resisting arrest as well. So he was smashed and nasty.

Tom
09-16-2005, 11:38 PM
You're a DOCTOR, eh?

Sheeez. Says a lot for socialized medicine!

Do you amputate broken ankles?

46zilzal
09-17-2005, 12:57 AM
You're a DOCTOR, eh?
Sheeez. Says a lot for socialized medicine!
Do you amputate broken ankles?
Having witnessed several family members drink themsleves TO DEATH, yes makes me a bit bias about what I know often is a genetic predispostion.

Secretariat
09-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Sounds like John is setting himself up for a possible run for the Presidency.

DJofSD
09-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Sounds like John is setting himself up for a possible run for the Presidency.

I think it would more likely be as a U.S Senator. He's got a good mentor in the esteemed senator from MA.

DJofSD

Tom
09-17-2005, 10:47 AM
46 - as a doctor, you should ashamed of yourself for making undiagnosed characterizations about a private citizen, based only on a news report, for you own selfish, political agenda. It is irresponsible, you QUACK!

(How do YOU like it?)

46zilzal
09-17-2005, 11:38 AM
46 - as a doctor, you should ashamed of yourself for making undiagnosed characterizations about a private citizen, based only on a news report, for you own selfish, political agenda. It is irresponsible, you QUACK!

personal and professional experience with it, something I KNOW ABOUT, lead to that conjecture.

Pace Cap'n
09-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Might be interesting to know how many families do not include some member with an alcohol problem.

cakes
09-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Which is worse being a kid and arrested for parting to much in this case a Bush,or being a Kennedy and being charged with rape or another Kennedy leaving a scene of a crime in this case a woman drowning and have everyone cover it up for you.Or being a Kennedy and be accused of having sex with a minor and not going to jail. Or being a President and being accused of rape or sodimy. And saying you were innocent and then paying off the accuser big time. Dahh
It must be nice being a Kennedy or a Clinton and knowing you can do anything you want and get away with it. Some Genes run in these families. Drunks and perverts and rapeist and murder.Hum.

Tom
09-17-2005, 01:37 PM
personal and professional experience with it, something I KNOW ABOUT, lead to that conjecture.

Hey, I got drunk in college. Am I an alcoholic?
What is 46 anyway - your score on the med school final exam?

v_d_g
09-17-2005, 01:53 PM
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- The youngest son of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was arrested early Friday and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest, law enforcement officials said.

John Ellis Bush, 21, was arrested by agents of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission at 2:30 a.m. on a corner of Austin's Sixth Street bar district, said commission spokesman Roger Wade.

Nature over Nuture.

JustRalph
09-17-2005, 02:47 PM

hey 46, I got this thing on my ass.......it is swollen and red........any conjecture?

Never mind........it only swells up when I read a post from Sec and LJB

46zilzal
09-17-2005, 02:52 PM
hey 46, I got this thing on my ass.......it is swollen and red........any conjecture?

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/gastro/messages/35497.html

this may help you

DJofSD
09-17-2005, 03:09 PM
hey 46, I got this thing ...

Whew! Glad I re read that one. 1st time through I thought I read "up" and not "on".

DJofSD

46zilzal
09-17-2005, 03:16 PM
It's a remant of the old notochord from your days as a fetus which never actually closed 100% so there is a cystic space left