PDA

View Full Version : Tom Durkin in Breeders Cup video game

DrugSalvastore
09-16-2005, 07:45 PM
The NTRA Breeders Cup Video game for the PS2 comes out in four days. According to the video game preview, Tom Durkin will call all the races in the video game.

Ghostzapper is on the cover of the video game box. The game is said to have over 3,000 horses...including historical horses like Ruffian, Personal Ensign, Seabiscuit etc.

In the press release it says the games "sophisticated wagering system provides accurate odds on the race by incorporating all the factors that professional handicappers use."

I just wonder how ridiculous Durkin will sound in the game. It's nice to see the NTRA put out a video game---they are only about 12 years behind the NHL.

Horse racing video games are extremly popular in Japan. I liked G1 Jockey 3 (a horse racing video game from Hong Kong) because you could cut people off and get disqualified. Hopefully this game allows such tactics.

Maybe we can get a Strike The Gold VS Silky Sullivan match race, going 5f's at Emerald Downs.

Rico8812
09-16-2005, 09:42 PM
This game is going to be sick. Exact replicas of all the NYRA tracks as well as about 7 others including keeneland, woodbine, monmouth, etc.

kev
09-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I'll be getting one, I just hope it takes off and set's it up for more to come.

TravisVOX
09-16-2005, 11:45 PM
As a player of every racing game known to man (I own them all sadly)... this one might be a few years from what we're exactly after. Gallop Racer has the best graphics, but lacks in the American-realism aspect. This game bridges that gap, but initial images look somewhat weak. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Rico8812
09-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Travis,
You will be impressed w/ the graphics. This game is sweet.