PDA

View Full Version : Return of Ruler's Court

cj
09-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Anyone remember this horse winning the Norfolk, then skipping the BC Juvenile to prepare for the Derby? Did someone forget the race was for three year olds only? He is a year and a half late, but he is back at Belmont today!

Suff
09-14-2005, 12:54 PM
nice fat card today at Belmont to. 98 horse's entered into 9 races.

midnight
09-14-2005, 01:06 PM
If I remember, Ruler's Court had an leg injury that kept him from competing for a long time. Then he was brought back for a couple of races at Nad Al Sheba and did nothing. Will be bet into the ground, probably won't be used hard today, not sure he can beat Mr. Umphery.

Suff
09-14-2005, 11:04 PM
but he is back at Belmont today!

Back Big. Off in tangle... did a pushup out of the gate. spotted them 3 or 4. Rushed up into a 22.2 to get on the pace. Dueled with Royal moment for 3 furlongs.... then Mr Humphrey rolled up on the outside and took the lead from him just inside the 1/8 pole...and Rulers Court came again to win (110.08) with what appeared to me ....something left.

Matched the race that Patriot act (0.50 , 110.04) threw up today but Patriot got out clean and was tripped nice by Prado. Rulers Court earned every inch it.

How in the hell did that Horse win that race? I had him beat at the gate, beat off the duel, and eaten up deep stretch. But he pulled it off. Nice race.