PDA

View Full Version : BEL SAT

SAL
09-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Picks for Belmont Saturday:

R1 Pass. ML fav looks tough here.

R2 #8 Flanders Fields-Had an eventful trip first time out. Gets Bailey and more distance today. Tough to go against him here.

R3 #7 Quail Run-Hasn’t really run badly in his two lifetime starts. Sire has been doing well with turf runners in limited starts.

R4 #1 Diamond Isle-Ran very well on this surface before so so try in a graded stakes. I like him to show better in this spot.

R5 #3 Limey-Barn does very well with several key stats. Breeding is decent also for FTS/Turf.

R6 #4 Jacaranda Jane-Both turf route efforts were good. Prado stays for the Kimmel, who had an outstanding Saratoga meet.

R7 #3 In the Gold-I’m pretty sure the ML favorite doesn’t deserve 3/5 status so Im going with this runner here. Her last effort in a graded race at BEL was a good one, even in defeat. A repeat of that effort will make her tough here.

R8 #5 Luas Line-Her only stateside race was in a tough field and she ran decent. Will be tough here against these.

R9 #6 Vangelis-Sticking with him because I think he’s going to run a big one. I like the switch to Prado here.

R10 Pass

R11 Iam a Dixiechic-Her best effort came with a dry surface, which she will be getting today. Gets the same jock as with her best effort also. Look for better here.