PDA

View Full Version : Turning A Page

Overlay
09-09-2005, 05:23 PM
My son (and my money) head off to Dartmouth tomorrow for the freshman fall term. (The cost of an Ivy League education provides a little extra incentive to find those overlays. Any way you look at it, it adds up to a lot of exotics!) I've told him that at least he'll now have something in common with Andy Beyer (except that I hope I won't have to keep him on task when the Belmont Stakes rolls around at the end of his senior year)!

so.cal.fan
09-09-2005, 05:59 PM
:)

Best of luck to your son, overlay!

My son is a college grad, has a great career......and hopefully, he'll support his poor old mom one day in style if all these short fields and underlays keep up in So. Cal. :(

Again, congratulations! :ThmbUp:

falconridge
09-09-2005, 06:23 PM
JOIN ME IF YOU WILL, DEAR AND ESTEEMED COLLEAGUES, IN A HEARTY (AND HEARTFELT) MAZELTOV! FOR OVERLAY AND HIS "BETTER HALF," WHOSE STAKES-CALIBRE OFFSPRING IS ABOUT TO INFILTRATE THE IVY-COVERED WALLS!

(Yes, I'm shouting, and why not?)

All the best, Pal o' Mine--ever and forever,

falconridge

Tom
09-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Overlay, I bet you're one proud Dad.

Congrats....

Dave Schwartz
09-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Overlay,

Congratulations.

I can identify directly as one of ours is going off to school on Sunday.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

46zilzal
09-09-2005, 10:59 PM
The college experience: Most ALIVE time in one's life.

If I could afford it, I would go back and do it again.

lsbets
09-09-2005, 11:00 PM
The college experience: Most ALIVE time in one's life.

If I could afford it, I would go back and do it again.

Me too, and I might go to class more!

Congrats Overlay! After you're done with the tuition payments, you'll be on easy street.

Tom
09-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Dave, dittos to YOU too.

:ThmbUp:

Overlay
02-10-2009, 07:43 PM
My son called today to let me know that he's been accepted for this fall by the University of Virginia Law School. (That's the first notification he's received, so he may end up going elsewhere, but that's a bird in the hand.) Looks like his plans are set for the immediate future, though. (Where do the years go? It seems like yesterday when I started this thread.)

Overlay
08-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Headed back east for Boston, and the Fall term at Harvard Law School (but on his own dime this time). (Goodness knows, he ought to be earning enough of them in a few years.)

Knock 'em dead, son!

so.cal.fan
08-26-2009, 10:49 AM
:jump: Congratulations to you and your son, Overlay!

lamboguy
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
that is one beautiful day for your family!

checkout the foiliage some time in october, and maybe head up to the FRYBERG FAIR in MAINE. one of the best fair's going and they have harness racing

Grits
08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
What a fine path--in the span of years between posts. Congratulations, to you and your wife, on excellent parenting Overlay. Years down the road, may you never find yourself in need of his services upon the passing of his Bar Exam.;)

Overlay
05-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Universitas Harvardiana
Cantabrigiae in Republica Massachusettensium
Praeses et Socii Collegii Harvardiani consentientibushonorandis ac reverendis Inspectoribus in comitiis
sollemnibus

RANDALL FREDERICK MAAS

ad gradum Juris Doctor cum laude
admiserunt eique dederunt et concesserunt omnia insigniaet iura quae ad hunc gradum spectant.

XXIV Maius MMXII

Way to go, son!! (Next up, the Massachusetts Bar Exam in July.)

Tom
05-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Cool!
:ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz
05-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Wow! Congratulations, Tim!

And the payments stop now?

ElKabong
05-24-2012, 09:38 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
05-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Congratulations to the Maas family. He's done you proud.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Congratulations to you, your son, and your entire family!

Overlay
05-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow! Congratulations, Tim!

And the payments stop now?
When the payments stop will be exclusively his concern. The Bank of Mom and Dad closed for him three years ago. :D

boxcar
05-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Universitas Harvardiana
Cantabrigiae in Republica Massachusettensium
Praeses et Socii Collegii Harvardiani consentientibushonorandis ac reverendis Inspectoribus in comitiis
sollemnibus

RANDALL FREDERICK MAAS

ad gradum Juris Doctor cum laude
admiserunt eique dederunt et concesserunt omnia insigniaet iura quae ad hunc gradum spectant.

XXIV Maius MMXII

Way to go, son!! (Next up, the Massachusetts Bar Exam in July.)

Congratulations, Tim! Your boy is a credit to your Christian upbringing. May God continue to bless him richly as he moves forward in his life.

Boxcar

Overlay
10-27-2012, 09:15 PM
He called my wife and me today, and said that he had been notified of having passed the bar exam.

JustRalph
10-27-2012, 09:23 PM
He called my wife and me today, and said that he had been notified of having passed the bar exam.

Nice job! Congrats!

whodoyoulike
10-27-2012, 10:03 PM

Congratulations to your son. You should buy him some very nice sunglasses because his future looks bright.

iRNA
10-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Congrats. You must be proud.

NJ Stinks
10-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Reading through this thread for the first time tonight was a pleasure. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

(Especially since it wasn't me paying for Dartmouth! :) Just kidding, Overlay!)

johnhannibalsmith
10-28-2012, 11:03 AM
:ThmbUp: Congratulations, that is the end of one very long road and not just anyone can survive the drive.

highnote
10-28-2012, 11:11 AM
I saw the date of Overlay's first post and thought, "I wonder how his son has done."

Very happy to hear he has done so well! Congratulations!!

Tom
10-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Great news, Tim!~
Congrats - a milestone for you both!

Overlay
05-31-2014, 02:51 PM
My son (who has a long-term job lined up in the Boston DA's office after his current year of clerking for a Massachusetts state appellate judge is over) will be getting married this evening in Cambridge to a woman from Vermont whom he started dating when she was his college classmate at Dartmouth, but who then worked for a couple years after getting her degree there before also being admitted to Harvard Law, from which she graduated this past Thursday. (I'm not sure that I see too many grandchildren coming from that side of the family, but maybe they'll surprise me. :) ) (On the positive side, I'll know who to hit up for a loan if I ever need one!)

fast4522
05-31-2014, 05:08 PM
This thread is only 30 posts old, but has proven to be one of the most productive I have seen here. It would not surprise any of us if before a dozen more posts inside this thread you become a happy grandfather by that couple. Some threads are a pleasure to read, I look forward to this one being a continence we all look forward to.

tucker6
05-31-2014, 05:59 PM
This thread is only 30 posts old, but has proven to be one of the most productive I have seen here. It would not surprise any of us if before a dozen more posts inside this thread you become a happy grandfather by that couple. Some threads are a pleasure to read, I look forward to this one being a continence we all look forward to.
I think we all hope Overlay becomes a grandfather before losing his continence. :D

fast4522
05-31-2014, 06:04 PM
Got zapped for not getting closer to the screen for a auto correct. Hope Mostty does not see this.

BettinBilly
05-31-2014, 07:32 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a "Time Capsule" thread quite like this one on any forum anywhere. Pretty amazing.

Hopefully in 10 years, we'll read about his grand kids and THEIR college education.