PDA

View Full Version : Horse names

highnote
09-09-2005, 02:16 AM
Here's one I came across -- "Cute Little Lass"

Foaled in 1977.

The track announcer must have had fun with that one.

If I ever get to name one, I'll name it in tribute to "Cute Little Lass. I'll name it "Sexy Little Lass".

I noticed a British horse racing at Saratoga whose name was changed from "Martha Stewart".

Today, I notice "Stevie Wonderboy" wins the Del Mar Futurity. Maybe Stevie Wonder gave his permission and Martha Stewart didn't?

DrugSalvastore
09-09-2005, 07:56 AM
One of my favorite stories is of a horse named Cunning Stunt. This horse was well before my time, but there is a story I've heard before that a track announcer actually called this horse Stunning C-nt during a call of a race.

Don't know if it's true or not--but do know a horse with that name actually raced in the 1970's.

Oh She Hit was one of my favorite names. I remember her running at Charles Town. The track announcer had fun with that name. It sounded like he was saying 'oh shit' every time he gave the horse a call.

They actually named a son of Seabiscuit who raced in the late 40's Gay Biscuit.

A horse from the 1950's named Gay Bush had a 1-for-20 lifetime record

A horse foaled in 1945 that was 1-for-7 lifetime with earnings of $4,200 was named Blow Me.

There is a horse foaled in France in the year 2000 named Big Tits. She's actually a well bred half sister to stakes winner L' Emeraude

There is an Irish Bred named Pussy Galore from the 90's as well.

The Bris CD I'm using now has lifetime records for every horse dating from 1940-to-2002. I had an older BRIS CD that went from like 1920-to-1999. There are some horses from 1920-to-1940 who had names that would be considered extremely racist today. Most of them happen to start with the letter N.

headhawg
09-09-2005, 09:14 AM
I remember this from a radio bloopers album I heard a long time ago. The radio announcer was commenting about the appearance of the horses during the post parade. He made mention of the fact that a horse named Harass didn't look that sharp. As it got close to post time, the announcer said something like "There's definitely something wrong with that number 2 horse. Yep, it looks like they are going to have to scratch Harass." :)

OTM Al
09-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Yeah, kinda like the horse that finished 3rd in the Preakness in 1911......

midnight
09-09-2005, 01:48 PM
There's a quarterhorse named "Hoof Hearted" . Not long ago on TVG's "The Quarters, one of the announcers, who'd just been beaten out of a huge Pick 4 he had going (and who sulked about it for the next 6 races), kept making the same joke over the name, over and over, to the point where his colleague actually chided him on-air about it. Didn't stop him from doing it another dozen times.

speculus
09-10-2005, 12:31 AM
this is what I heard some years ago.

A horse owner who was very upset with a racetrack management wanted to send them a message loud and clear by naming one of his horses as "I will fu ck you".

Understandably, the racing nomenclature department did not allow that name on the grounds that it was vulgar. He nevertheless did manage to get in when one of the dumb clerks in the department allowed him to register this name: ALPHA Q

GeTydOn
09-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Hall Lass - great name!

highnote
09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Hall Lass - great name!

That is a great name for a race horse.

wewashka
09-27-2005, 05:07 PM
West and Wewaxation...nothing funnier than Michael Wrona sounding like Elmer Fudd! Cracked me up every time!!

how cliche
09-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Try calling this one fast...Pianist's Envy.

highnote
09-27-2005, 10:55 PM
:lol: :ThmbUp:

Observer
09-28-2005, 12:13 AM

You might have just given Ceasar Kimmel another idea .. the horse that actually ran a few years ago was Peonys Envy .. Peonys .. as in the flower .. but still .. the same "idea" .. I guess.

:)

46zilzal
09-28-2005, 01:44 AM
Hoof Hearted...say that fast a few times.

Valuist
10-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Here's one running at Hoosier tonight: Watch Your Pennies. But in the company line, its abbreviated as WtchYour Pennis.

songofthesword
10-06-2005, 12:57 AM
My FAV horse name of all time is a horse, probably a Claimer back when I was in single digits named Booozing.

Pussy Galore is probably the funniest name ever... I mean, I can't say it without laughing, could you imagine being a track announcer?

BillW
10-06-2005, 01:02 AM
My FAV horse name of all time is a horse, probably a Claimer back when I was in single digits named Booozing.

I remember Boozing. He was an allowance horse that ran on the turf at Sam Houston in the mid 90's. Probably made it around the circuit RET, LS, LAD also. Quality horse for a small track.