PDA

View Full Version : Scratch board question

takeout
09-08-2005, 05:19 AM
Noticed a winner that was listed in “The Scratch Board” section of the paper DRF.
BRIS & TSN also have horses that have been previously scratched listed in their Instant Entries and Programs on line.
BRIS/TSN did NOT have this horse listed.
How come one outfit had it listed and the other didn’t?

Buddha
09-08-2005, 07:45 AM
how long ago was the horse scratched? could they go back different time periods?

takeout
09-08-2005, 09:06 AM
I wouldn’t be surprised if they used different time periods (DRF says it goes back 45 days, since their last race but I don’t know what the BRIS/TSN time period is) but this one was a recent scratch on August 27th and they both have other horses in there for dates before and after that. ??

(BRIS had 4 that DRF didn’t because they were too recent (two days ago) to have made it into the paper. Of course that’s to be expected.)

Just noticed that BRIS is actually missing TWO horses that DRF had and both of them had the same trainer. Don’t know if/how that factors in. This trainer’s other horse was previously scratched on August 31st.

:confused:

Suff
09-08-2005, 11:10 AM
see if they are MTO's . They may not bother listing MTO's that did'nt go postward. just stabbing

takeout
09-08-2005, 11:26 AM
What's an MTO?

BillW
09-08-2005, 11:27 AM
What's an MTO?
Main track only entry - they automatically scratch if race stays on turf.

takeout
09-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Hmm... Thanks. I guess that is certainly a possibility. One was scratched from Mth and the other from Pen.

Suff
09-08-2005, 12:17 PM
they also could be be AE"s like 2x's and/or3'x's that did'nt enter in. Also eligible's. Race was oversubscribed. another guess.

Hosshead
09-09-2005, 03:01 AM
they also could be be AE"s like 2x's and/or3'x's that did'nt enter in. Also eligible's. Race was oversubscribed. another guess.Reminds me of an old Ray Talbot angle: "Play close attention to AE's that have a very recent last race". Reason: They might be "well meant". ;)