PDA

View Full Version : One trend that has to end!

DrugSalvastore
09-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Final time is getting WAY to much attention from me lately--but this is one last thing that I can't resist posting.

For FOUR consecutive years--the winner of the Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies has run a faster time final time than the winner of the Breeders Cup Juvenile! That is a mind-boggling trend.

Why is the girl winner always faster than the boy winner? In my opinion, it's because the last four Breeders Cup races for 2yo males have been nothing short of utterly dismal---and the last four winners of the Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies, have been exceptionally good 2yo fillies.

The last four winners of the BC Juvenile are Johannesburg, Vindication, Action This Day, and Wilko. Not a single one of them did a damn thing after scoring a victory on Breeders Cup Day.

That has to change this year---because this year's crop of 2-year-old males is FAR MORE exciting, deep, and promising than in year's past.

It should also be noted, that recently, promising 2-year-olds have been kept out of the $2,000,000 Breeders Cup Juvenile...to avoid "having a hard race" and getting a fresher start for the 3-year-old season.

There is a lot of genuine talent in that division right now, hopefully we see the cream of that crop on Breeders Cup day.

Another oddball trend for you guys---No male horse, who broke his maiden first-time out at Saratoga or Del Mar has ever gone on to capture the Eclipse Award in his 3yo season. That one is really shocking to me! Almost impossible to believe---but I did my own research on that, and found it to be fact!

PurplePower
09-08-2005, 03:22 AM
Final time is getting WAY to much attention from me lately--but this is one last thing that I can't resist posting.

For FOUR consecutive years--the winner of the Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies has run a faster time final time than the winner of the Breeders Cup Juvenile! That is a mind-boggling trend.

Why is the girl winner always faster than the boy winner? .....

It should also be noted, that recently, promising 2-year-olds have been kept out of the $2,000,000 Breeders Cup Juvenile...to avoid "having a hard race" and getting a fresher start for the 3-year-old season. .....!In addition to the better two-year olds being reserved at that time of year, fillies are more mature at 2 than males. I saw this a lot with the Quarter Horses where the girls have an advantage early in their two-year old year, giving way to the boys as they get older.

DrugSalvastore
09-08-2005, 05:05 AM
In addition to the better two-year olds being reserved at that time of year, fillies are more mature at 2 than males. I saw this a lot with the Quarter Horses where the girls have an advantage early in their two-year old year, giving way to the boys as they get older.

No doubt about that. The girls do tend to develop quicker than the males. It is pretty rare when top older fillies run faster than top older males. It's fairly common for a top 2yo filly to run as fast as a top 2yo male.

City Zip is coming up WAY to often in my posts, I don't have any obsession with that horse, but a good example of this is when the very quick 2yo filly Gold Mover ran down City Zip very late to win the Grade 3 Kentucky Breeders Cup at 5.5 furlongs.

I remember George Foreman used to say that when he was young, his sister of a similar age used to be able to beat him up---but as he got older he became the best heavyweight fighter in the world. Even winning the world title as a near senior citizen.

46zilzal
09-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Strangely enough final time predicts more than it's share of route winners. Don't ask me why since final time is diametrically opposite to what I use, but I am not going to disregard what works. RE-PHRASE that, final time as total velocity it what I am referring to.

ceejay
09-08-2005, 06:13 PM
It should also be noted, that recently, promising 2-year-olds have been kept out of the $2,000,000 Breeders Cup Juvenile...to avoid "having a hard race" and getting a fresher start for the 3-year-old season. There's also the alleged Juvy-Derby "jinx" that keeps people from running. I don't think it is a jinx, as much as it is happenstanse. The best horse in October as a juvy will likely not be best in May as a 3yo.