PDA

View Full Version : BIG POPPI !!!!!

joeyspicks
09-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Man oh man.....I was at Fenway last night and David "Big Poppi" Ortiz did it again!

Another walk off home run:jump: WOW..... IS there ANYTHING better than baseball in September ? ? (yeah I know OCTOBER!) . In Boston we are getting "that feeling" again!!

To celebrate I'm going to Suffolk Downs today..... can ANYONE from here can make it? .....come on up to the restaurant and I 'll buy ya a few beers (or lunch) and we can talk baseball or handicapping. I should be easy to spot.....Ill be the guy will the pile of notebooks.:lol:

Some early picks at Suffolk:

1st pretty much unplayable.... a suspicious dropper and a bunch of ? ? ?

still..... I'll take 4-3-6

2nd 5-2 to complete the double

3rd 7-3-1

4th #1 IF he takes to the track......they often do not at first try at Suffolk

sooooo........6-5-9

5th maiden ( man this IS a bad card.....even for mid-week S.D. )

#4 (0-20) Pasta's Dream with 3-1-5

6th yes another MSW 6-7-4

7th #4 Cb's Twister (5-1)

8th #5 Laredo Lil (8-1)

9th like 5-4-3 they are all 6-1 ml

Good luck.......BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! Come by the upper restaurant if you can....it certainly isnt crowded mid-week.:ThmbUp:

Suff
09-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Man oh man.....I was at Fenway last night and David "Big Poppi" Ortiz did it again!

Another walk off home run:jump: WOW..... IS there ANYTHING better than baseball in September ? ? (yeah I know OCTOBER!) . In Boston we are getting "that feeling" again!!
Come by the upper restaurant if you can....it certainly isnt crowded mid-week.:ThmbUp:

and was that a smash? boom shock-a-locka. Almost... maybe ten rows from Ted Williams smash that is memorialized by one (1) red seat in row 25 section 39? of the bleachers. Papi's went in the tunnel but , if it went into that section it would have hit Ted's seat on one bounce.\

fwiw... name of that Restaraunt you mentioned at Suffolk Downs on the 2nd floor is Legends...:)

joeyspicks
09-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Suff.....thats it!!....couldnt remember if it was the bar or the resturant? Anyway it was good.....hit $100 + double and nothing till the last last race....but good enough.

Just watched the Sox lose (ugly) to the Yanks friday night. Hope Sat is better (and should be a good card at Belmont!!)