PDA

View Full Version : GO FRANK GO

karlskorner
09-06-2005, 09:57 AM
For those out there that wish Frank Stronach (Magna) would "just go away" portions of an article in the Sun Sentinel.
" About 280 evacuees from New Orleans began their first day Monday in that temporary home. the Palm Meadows thoroughbred horse-trsining center, which is no longer in hibernation for racing's off-season. They were handed room keys, phone cards and detergent to wash their belongings and then sent shopping for free at a lounge turned into a thrift shop on the equestrian campus.

Magna Entertainment , a Canadian corporation working with an army of volunteers, the United Way and county Red Cross officials, converted 208 dormitory rooms for horse grooms into a refuge for the flood wery. Frank Stronach, who built his fortuhne in auto parts and whose Magna Entertainmentalso owns Gulfstream Park commanded his executives to form a team. and told them to "get buses and planes and whatever it takes and fill the rooms at Palm Meadows.

The company's plan is to house evacuees for two months and then transfer them to a trailer village the company hopes to build on several hundred acres in northern Louisiana."

midnight
09-06-2005, 11:22 AM
It's commendable that a billionaire like Mr. Stronach would devote some of his vast resources to the aid of flood victims. He's also been very generous with other charitable contributions such as cancer research.

It doesn't change the fact that his efforts with MEC are doing more bad than good to the horse racing industry, imo.

JustRalph
09-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Just think,,,,,,, Franky will have one more place to showcase the latest incarnation of Styx and the Electric Light Orchestra.......;)

CryingForTheHorses
09-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I find it very sad knowing most of the members here hate Frank, Im also ashamed that most of you cant see the good this person is doing to try to help these poor Katrina victims, Too bad MOST of you cant overlook adveristy and commend this man, ONE of many people who have reached out to help! 2 posts with 215 views says it all!

Tom
09-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Hat off to Frank for his contributins to the victims of the worst natural disastor in our history, after maybe Galveston. It is a comendable deed and he dserves our respect.

But.....when it comes to running race tracks, he reverts to Frank-ie, and I would rather he not be running any track of mine.

Got to keep the game and reality seperate.

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Speak for yourself McSchell. I for one don't hate Frank Stronach. Personally, I don't care one way or the other about the man.

All I know is, his organization bought up a bunch of racetracks, made improvements to a choice few, and is bleeding cash by the bucketloads.....

But, I don't hate the man....why would anyone hate him, unless they knew him personally and had a reason to dislike him?