PDA

View Full Version : Do You Guys Bet Very Low Handle Tracks??

Nickle
09-05-2005, 01:25 PM
It seems the horses are dogs and real bad jocks and anything can happen. Is it best to throw out chalks out real small tracks?? Do you even bet them??

Overlay
09-05-2005, 02:37 PM
I would say that even the racing at small, low-handle tracks will still end up with detectable trends or statistics that can be used as a basis for betting with the existing probabilities rather than against them, thus giving the best shot at consistent success. So I wouldn't change my basic approach, but I might not get as much action in terms of number of overlays as I would at a larger track, since every dollar wagered at a smaller track has a greater impact on the payouts for both straight bets and exotics.

sjk
09-05-2005, 02:38 PM
I did not play Prm this summer since there is so little money in the pools until the very last minute that is was too nerve-wracking trying to wait until the last minute to make a bet.

sparkywowo
09-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I do and don't have a problem with it. Low handle tracks can offer great value in the following pools: show, quinella (if they have it). I use youbet.com and use the wager queue feature to line up a couple of possible bets and then submit them as late as possible. However, I do get shut out at times because the pools do not close at the same time from track to track and this screws me up. For example, I can usually get a bet in when min to post reads 0 and a couple of horses have already loaded at mountaineer. But, at canterbury, the horses sometimes load when the clock reads 1 min to post, and the pools close as the first horse is going in the gate. It's not like at the track where you can get a bet in until the bell rings. Evangeline downs has a quinella. Chalk over longshot quinellas can pay more than chalk over longshot exactas, check them out. You can find something like 1-2 shot over a 20-1 shot exacta paying $30, $60 reversed, and $35 in the quinella. The first three days at Hoosier park have produced some tolerable show payoffs as well (like 5.80-3.60-3.60). Hoosier has a fleet of pic3, the pool is really small, like $1200 total... but you can shoot for being the only winner with $1 pic3, and same thing with 10c super and 50c tri.

The Judge
09-08-2005, 10:07 PM
I went to Prm around 1995 and I was betting nice price horses $20-$50 to win only to watch them become the favorite. I couldn't figure out what was going on after about 3 races it I looked at how little money was being bet. I felt like a fool, here I am betting long shots turning them into low price horses. I did pick up the tellers almost scratching their heads when I made my bet. There was a exacta that no one had so they paid to the 1st and 3rd horse. So if you bet the small track keep track of how much is bet in the pools.

schweitz
09-08-2005, 10:49 PM
I play mostly small pool tracks. Tracks with a lot of cheap claimers and maiden claimers. I play pick-3's only and restrict my play to pick-3's that meet my class and distance requirements.

Vegas711
09-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Absolutely... Only dif is that when i play in small pools i restrict my bet sizes..

Vegas711
09-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Small pool, small fish

Large pool , large fish