PDA

View Full Version : Video tape/ no booklet

John
09-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Purchased on e bay a tape on turf racing by Dick Mitchell "winning on the turf" Mitchell opens the tape with, refer to page 5 in your booklet that was shipped with the tape.

I Got no booklet just the tape. Come to find out I purchased from none other than Cynthia Publishing.

Cynthia said, They reduced the price because they are out of booklets and willing to compensate me or give a refund.

I like the tape,But,it is no good unless you have the examples that Mitchell refers to. If anyone has a copy of the booklet "winning on the Turf" and would like to make a copy and send it to me or send me the booklet and I will copy it and send it back to you or sell me the booklet .

I would really appreciate someones help on this.

Thanks
John jrmartino@yahoo.com

takeout
09-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Purchased on e bay a tape on turf racing by Dick Mitchell "winning on the turf" Mitchell opens the tape with, refer to page 5 in your booklet that was shipped with the tape.

I Got no booklet just the tape. Come to find out I purchased from none other than Cynthia Publishing.

Cynthia said, They reduced the price because they are out of booklets and willing to compensate me or give a refund.

That was big of them. :rolleyes:

Unbelievable.

Have they got any two-legged chairs for sale? Guess there's no way to know until they arrive.

Here’s hoping you gain as much knowledge about turf racing as I just have about this company.

John
09-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Takeout,

I don't think Cynthia Publising was trying to decive anyone.That is why it went on e bay with a lot of other Mitchell tapes.Some of the tapes are informative and worth the price.But, this TURF tape needs the booklet to follow along with the examples that are mention on the tape.

Hosshead
09-06-2005, 10:17 PM
That was big of them. :rolleyes:

Unbelievable.

Have they got any two-legged chairs for sale? LOL :lol:

topgun
09-07-2005, 03:52 AM
Hello,

I really think that they have a very poor Customer service since Dick M. left them and is not playing the horses anymore. I will keep it to myself why Dick is not there anymore, but if you buy something from them don't expect them to support their product very long. I think the to people I speak of is Courtney and Steve Unity. Please don't ask Steve a question twice or he will shout at the person trying to buy his or her products. I really hate to be lied too and Steve is known to tell a few good ones! I know now why Mark Cramer left them.

Topgun

John
09-07-2005, 08:43 AM
I hear you Topgun.That is why they are on e bay. Too bad about Dick Mitchell, I still feel he had something to offer the world of handicappers.

I don't know much about Cynthia Publishing living on the East Coast.I can not understand why cynthia never open their software to accept Bris files.A very high percentage of software players are retired people living on a fixed income.[ including me.] I hear "All-in-one" software is a good handicapping product.but you can only get files from HDW. a montly fee of $135.00 for a file that will only run in All-in-one. I wonder how many handicappers own all-in-one and subscribe that kind of monthly fee.Also why HDW will not release
single files to players who only play on the week-end. I believe there is a market for that.If I had the software I would rather pay extra for a single file when I wanted it. than to get sucked in for the monthly fee.

Just my opinon.

kitts
09-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Topgun-

Sorry to hear you were yelled at by Steve Unite. As you may know, I worked for Cynthia Publishing for three years and I started almost the same day as Steve did. I have heard Steve with many, many customers and have given seminars with him. I have never, ever heard him yell at any customer. So your experience might have been unique. And regrettable.

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2005, 12:35 AM
I remember Steve Unite when he appeared on that game show hosted by Chuck Woolery (no, not Love Connection....LOL)

Remember that?

Another old game show racing related note.....Has anyone ever caught the MATCH GAME episode with a contestant by the name of TOM DURKIN??? Yup, it's true....Durkin was on Match Game....I didn't really recognize him by face, but his voice was UNMISTAKABLE!!! LOL

And then, when Gene Rayburn said "Tom," I knew it was him....To this day I haven't been able to get anyone to go up to Tom and ask him about this....if I ever see him again, I'll have to do it myself....LOL

John
09-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Remember that?

Another old game show racing related note.....Has anyone ever caught the MATCH GAME episode with a contestant by the name of TOM DURKIN??? Yup, it's true....Durkin was on Match Game....I didn't really recognize him by face, but his voice was UNMISTAKABLE!!! LOL

PA, was that Tom Durkin that did all the crying in that fairwell/goodby to another season tape that was played via Saroatoga simlucast. [ funny guy ]

cj
09-08-2005, 03:46 PM
...To this day I haven't been able to get anyone to go up to Tom and ask him about this....if I ever see him again, I'll have to do it myself....LOL

Why didn't you just ask me? I'll ask anybody anything!

Tom
09-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Gene Rayburn:" Tom, you call races like a BLANK."

:lol:

PA..I DARE you!